Infant vaccines and food sensitivities - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-24-2011, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter is 3 months old and I decided to vaccinate her in the same way we did my son.  We decided not to do polio and Hep B at 2 months, but did the other 3 recommended vaccines (Hib, DTaP, and Prevnar).  My son, who is now 2 1/2 tolerated them OK, with only some pain at the injection site of the DTaP, so that's the kind of reaction I was expecting in my daughter.  At one month old I cut dairy out of my diet because she was having severe GI distress and she started doing much better, although still has a seemingly sensitive gut to many other things.  About 3 hours after her 8 week shots she began to scream in pain and then vomited twice.  For several days she nursed minimally.  Eventually her appetite recovered.  I attributed it to the DTaP, but didn't know why.  My question is this, could her dairy sensitivity have been the problem?  Is there also an issue with dairy and the Hib and Prevnar?  As we are approaching her 4 month vaccines I am second guessing myself.  She will be in childcare one day a week, so is the risk of not vaccinating more than the temporary GI distress and misery.  Thank you for your input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-30-2011, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Reactions like that worry me. I would say that in this case the vaccine risk may be more than the risk of the diseases.  It's hard to say how the dairy sensitivity plays in - i don't know of any of these three vaccines playing a role in dairy sensitivity.  It's also hard to say which vaccine was to culprit. 

If you do proceed with vaccines, you should do one shot at a time, each spaced out by a month.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page