I am due in February 2012. We are having a boy. We are delaying the circumcision to beyond 8 days after birth. (Not here to debate circumcision.) We are delaying for a few reasons. Within that realm of reasons is the fact that we want to avoid the Vitamin K injection immediately at birth. I would like to give oral/liquid Vitamin K for myself and baby (I am breastfeeding) and not have him injected with it at the hospital. I'm wondering what your take is on this issue regarding avoiding the Vitamin K injection at birth, using the liquid form instead on my own, and delaying the circumcision. By waiting eight days or more for the circumcision and giving Vitamin K liquid form from birth until then, there should be no issues with blood clotting at that point, correct?
In addition, will the liquid form be adequate if there is a traumatic-type birth?
Lastly, what is your view about the eye ointment (antibiotics) used for newborns in the hospital as well? In a mother who does not have STDs, is it necessary?
|39 members and 17,273 guests|
|agentofchaos , aparent , bananabee , Boodah'smama , contactmaya , CricketVS , Dakotacakes , Deborah , delightedbutterfly , emmy526 , Fluffer , girlspn , happy-mama , Janeen0225 , Katc8910 , kathymuggle , Kelleybug , lab , Laurel83 , Leire Rodriguez , LibraSun , Michele123 , Mirzam , mkat , moominmamma , NaturallyKait , NiteNicole , pokeyac , Ramona Barbosa , rightkindofme , RollerCoasterMama , Saladd , samaxtics , shantimama , sren , SweetSilver , Thatmom , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|