Why does my son have such high fevers? Preschool and keeping the immune system strong - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Dr Sears,

My son who is now 51/2 always runs very high fevers.  They run around 105 and sometimes more.  Its been like this since he was little.

Anyways, he attends preshool and although I do everything I can possibly do to keep up his immune system he still gets sick.

He eats very healthfully-very little processed food, all organic .  I make him carrot juice daily, he drinks green smoothies etc etc.  I give him probiotics, vitamin C, Vit D,elderberry,cell salts etc etc.    I have literally tried everything.  Before he started preshool he got the occassional illness although he was around other kids and public places on a daily basis.  I'm at the point where I want to take him out of preshool for a month or more just to get him healthy.  We are still recovering from walking pneaumonia and now he has picked up something else and is in bed w a fever again.

Went to the pediatrican who gave us antiobotics today. I am hesitant to use them b/c he just had some 2 weeks ago for the mycoplasma.  He was fine afterwards but then slowly complained of a sore throat and now the high fevers. 

Why does my son run such high fevers?  The nurse at the Dr's office said her son is the same way. I just cannot understand why he

gets sick more often than the other kids when I feel I do everythng right.  Any help would be appreciated.  I also worry about giving him the fever reducers day after day until his illness clears.  I know other kids at the preschool get sick and there is a cough they have named after the school! Many moms complain about the chronic cough their kids have.  But my son gets sick w fevers more often than any of the others.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This sounds puzzling to me as well. I would ask your doctor about doing some blood work to assess his immune system. You should also get allergy testing. As for the HIGH fevers, I don't see any particular problem with that, and I don't really have any explanation.  I don't think it's a medical worry though. 

Tags
Bob
User Tag List