My son received all his routine vaccines Pentacel, 2nd HEP B, Prevnar 13, Rotavirus at his two month appointment (before I began digging deeper into the literature behind vaccines). Afterwards he was mostly inconsolable, cried for hours, when not crying or sleeping he would stare off into space, and ran a mild fever of 99-102 degrees over the next 72 hours. Things that normally comforted him seemed to upset him and things that normally would upset him (such as a diaper change, towel bath, not being held, etc.) received no reaction in his demeanor at all. His doctor said none of these symptoms are cause for alarm and pushed me to continue the state vaccine schedule. But I began a selectively delayed schedule with no other problems at first. Then at 13 months he received the MMR, Prevnar 13, and HEP A partially since I was planning a trip across the country to visit family. A few weeks later he had his first ear infection which we didn't catch until after he had a sudden febrile seizure and temp of 104 degrees when the ambulance arrived to check.
I have a history of strange reactions to vaccines (full body rash, 7 or 8 ear infections following vaccination, spacing out, constant crying, weeks of illness following, etc.) that had gotten so bad my mother quit vaccinating me all together by 8 months. She attributed this to the shots especially since I never had another rash or ear infection after vaccinations were stopped and only fell ill once or twice a year despite being in daycare. I didn't receive another vaccine until my teenage years and only had mild reactions to the shots then.
Its been almost four months since my son's seizure and his doctor is encouraging us to catch up with the rest of his vaccines. He is now 18 months. My question is how should I proceed? Should I ask that he only be given one vaccine at a time? Should I space them more?
Hearing about the reaction your baby had at 2 months, I would have recommended you stop at that point. I realize you've continued selectively. I would suggest you stop now, but not based on your most recent reaction, but based on the 2 month reaction
i would do more research before restarting anything. my dd had a reaction very early on and i continue to selectively vax for a while, but as i researched more, i even stopped that. i think this is one of those situations where you have to research and determine what you are comfortable with. best wishes to you on your journey.
Former wearing, ing, pole dancing, pushing, survivor & single mama extraordinaire to .
Now that's a mouthful!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|56 members and 27,151 guests|
|afinemess , agentofchaos , bananabee , camillabien , Dear_Rosemary , Deborah , delightedbutterfly , Dovenoir , happy-mama , hillymum , Iron Princess , Janeen0225 , Jessica765 , JodiMo , justsamma , katelove , kathymuggle , Kelleybug , LadyAnnibal , lilmissgiggles , lisak1234 , mamabear0314 , MeanVeggie , Mirzam , mizmerricat , Mmama Nawatti , moominmamma , MyMotheringPath , NaturallyKait , oaksie68 , oldsmom , pokeyac , rocky , RollerCoasterMama , rosieQ , samaxtics , sarrahlnorris , sciencemum , serenbat , shantimama , Socks , Springshowers , sren , stephalittle , stephaniepifer , VsAngela , Wolfcat , Xerxella , zannster , zebra15 , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|