DTaP (adding whooping) vs. DT (adding Thermerisol) also diagnosis of MS after getting Chicken Pox - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-21-2012, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 5 year old healthy boy (had some minor eye tics/blinking for 8 months last year and has enviornmental allergies;( was allergic to eggs and all dairy from 1yr old to 2 yrs old. ) Therefore, he had breastmilk for 18 months -He has NEVER been vaccinated.  I did have the DNA GENETICS TEST done and it shows he would NOT rid heavy metals as easy.  Therefore,  he would be more suseptable to toxic overload.

Due to where we live (previous farm land/along with rusty nails) Tetnus would be the one shot I feel he would need.  Seeing they don't have just tetnus...I was looking at the DP (which includes thermerisol) or adding the DTaP.   Also, I was going to wait 6 months from his first vac. to his next; and only give him 2 and have his titers checked from that point.  Any thoughts. 

Do you think doing some detoxing after the vaccination would be warranted.   Thoughts on things to do before or after vaccination??

If something happens in the future (steps on nail)  would you ever have a tetnus shot?  You know...they push for that "just in case"

Since I've got you......My husband (38) contracted Chicken Pox as an adult after being in contact with someone who had Shingles.  Within 90 days of the Pox my husband was diagnosed with MS.  He was hit hard.  His symptoms began about 30 days after the pox. (memory, behavior, mood/personality changes, fatigue, slow processing, couldn't add/subtract)  He is cognitively effected --not physically.  He no longer can work.   As for our children, I'm not sure if it would be better for them to get the chicken pox vaccination or wait and see if they get the pox on their own.  I've done research, but no answers.  One neurologist said...don't do it.  The other said...didn't find a corrolation between the two.  I would normally of said no to the pox prior to his diagnosis; but since the pox brought this about I'm not sure what to do.  Any thoughts. 

I understand and am not asking for medical advise. I'm just asking for thoughts and opinions and will make my own decision.  I truly will value any thoughts you throw my way.  I appreciate your time.

#2 of 2 Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.  If you do DT, I like your plan of 2 doses, 6 months apart, and check titers to decide if you need a third dose.  I think the DT is fine, because it should only have TRACE amounts of mercury (less than 0.3 mcg). It's not like it used to be - 25 mcg.  So, I think that's ok. I don't know of any detox you should do before or after.  As for your tetanus question after an injury, you wouldn't need it if you do these two shots. IF you don't do the two shots, and you want to just wait and see if there's a bad injury before you do the shot, I thinks that's an ok way to do it.

Chickenpox - that's a tough question in your case.  I really don't know what to tell you.  I have an 8 year old patient who developed chronic eye twitching after catching chickenpox.  There neuro complications are so rare. I don't think I can tell you what to do here.

Tags
Bob

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page