Intact boy question, help!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay,so my son is intact, hes 2 years old( well almost) and kept saying his pee pee hurt,  i took him to the Dr and he has an infection.he did not retract the skin just a little to see the infection cause i told him he better not retract!  The Dr has boys that are intact and was the one who told me the info on leaving him intact, he told me by this age the skin should be able to be pushed back and i need to be pushing it back to clean it. He said its a hygiene issue. He said dont forcefully do it, just gently slowly start to retract it. Im so confused now!!!!!!!! Every thing i have read says not to retract to clean the penis, this can cause damage and infection. He also said when his penis gets bigger and his foreskin is to tight it can go around the head of the penis and than that will be an emergency circumcision. So seeing how he has an infection, it seems that maybe i do need to slowly pull the skin back and clean it, but than i read the total opposite.Im just so confused right now!! Do i need to be pulling it back to clean it?? Or leave it alone?? Will i damage it by pulling it back before its ready?? I just dont know what to do now... Any advice would be so much appreciated, thanks so much!

#2 of 3 Old 09-27-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Also how can you tell if its smegma or an infection? He has no fever... cant smegma be mistaken for an infection? i read it can be clumpy, so the Dr just automatically assumed it was an infection! But when separation occurs, doesnt it produce smegma? I dont want to be medicating if i dont half to. 

UPDATE- So my son does not have an infection! he had smegma.he has no fever, no swelling,no redness,no rash, no itching, no sign of an infection! i will be getting a new Dr.He was super rude to me and wasnt even going to examine him.

I hope you do get back to me when you have time, thanks Dr Sears:)

#3 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 PM

you don't have to do any pulling back or anything - you can leave it alone.  And I agree, it does sound like it's just smegma

Tags
Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page