Special consderation for travel to Costa Rica - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-30-2013, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
aba

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Dr. Sears,

We will be travelling to Costa Rica toward the end of the year.  Our daughter, age 7, has been selectively vaccinated:  She's had full vax for DTaP, IPV and has had one dose of measles only (no mumps or rubella).  She had 2 doses of Hep B but I never got the 3rd shot.

She has had some reactions to the shots, she also currently has some spectrum issues including Sensory Processing Disorder and Oppositional-Defiant Disorder.  We are under the care of a homeopathic dr. with whom we are having some success with treatments. 

My question is:  How important is it to give her the Hep A shot?  And are there any other considerations specifically for Costa Rica?

I would prefer to avoid the vaccination if at all possible.  What are your thoughts?  Thanks so much in advance.

#2 of 3 Old 08-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

Bumping up your post to bring it to Dr. Sears attention.

#3 of 3 Old 08-30-2013, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She is protected against what she needs for Costa Rica.  Hep A is pretty harmless, so I wouldn't bother with that vaccine

Tags
Bob

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page