January 2012 Babies!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 05-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Joining y'all!  :)

I'm due 1/2/12 with #4.  I had #1-3 in pretty quick succession (2005, 2007, and 2008.)  Had morning sickness really bad with #1, and nothing with 2 or 3, but it is back with a vengeance, I guess because I haven't been pregnant in three years. 

This is my first pregnancy with my fiancee (and was planned this way) and will also be my first homebirth after having three hospital inductions.  I've told my best friend, but that's it; everyone else will be kept in the dark until after we elope (which they all know is going to happen, but nobody knows when.)

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#62 of 102 Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

I've definitely had cramping...more so in weeks 3 & 4 and now it's just here and there (5w6d). No bleeding or spotting. It feels like AF cramps but not as deep or painful.

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#63 of 102 Old 05-12-2011, 01:08 PM

Joining you all. Got 2 BFPs yesterday. This will be baby #3 and I'm due Jan 7th. That might change as I'm not sure exactly of the date of my LMP. We weren't actively trying to have a baby, but we have both wanted a third for awhile. Unfortunately, we also just found out that H lost his job, so it's a tough time! Crossing fingers that he gets something soon.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

#64 of 102 Old 05-12-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

I've definitely had cramping...more so in weeks 3 & 4 and now it's just here and there (5w6d). No bleeding or spotting. It feels like AF cramps but not as deep or painful.

Yep, that's what I have going on, too. Thanks!

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#65 of 102 Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoonunit View Post

I can't believe it, but my husband and I got pregnant on our very first try! I was sooooo not expecting it to happen so quickly, but I cannot wait! We conceived on Easter Sunday and I found out on Mother's Day. According to the due date calculators online, I'm due Jan. 15. Yay!

I'm slightly worried because I've experienced mild to moderate cramping since the day we conceived, and they have lasted a little over two weeks. I'm going to ask my doctor about it at my appointment next Wednesday, but I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced this. I don't really have any other noticeable symptoms other than that and being more tired than usual. I don't have any spotting or anything...just cramping. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks!

Congrats!  I had quite a bit of cramping with my first, from about 3 days before I expected my period till about 5 weeks along I think.  It's very normal, the uterus is just reacting to the new stuff going on!  And as was said as long as it's cramping without bleeding it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelmixel View Post

If it helps put your mind at ease: I just had a healthy baby boy five months ago. I spotted bright red several times throughout the first trimester - on and off for a few days... it would disappear and then come back a week or so later. Really bothered me but turned out to be just fine. duck.gif

Thanks, this does make me feel better.  I just had not one spot of blood last pg from my LMP till I went into labor, so this has been new and nerve-wracking for me.  Had a little more pink spotting yesterday, but nothing today.  I went and got a blood draw for progesterone today, just to make sure that the bleeding is not from low prog.  I can't wait to get to the part where I get to see or hear the heartbeat. . .that's when I start to feel like everything is good.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#66 of 102 Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Hi! Excited to cautiously join you all after a BFP (faint) this morning. My EDD from LMP is 20JAN2012. DH and I have one son(18 months) and two losses(blighted ovum) 2/2007 and 3/2011). Going to test again tomorrow AM to see if the line is a little darker before starting my midwife hunt. Hoping for a HBAC!

#67 of 102 Old 05-13-2011, 03:42 PM

Hi there!  I found out last Friday that I am pregnant with my first.  My fiance' and I are very happy, although this is a HUGE shock as we weren't planning on trying for our first for another two years.  The only symptoms I've had so far are exhaustion (requiring frequent napping) and peeing a lot!  I am about six weeks and due in mid January. luxlove.gif

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#68 of 102 Old 05-14-2011, 06:10 AM

Wow! Saw the pink line last night and cannot quite believe it. I'm 34 and we tried for 6 months. Due date is 17th January!!!

Congratulations to all others on this board!!

Hurrah!!!!

#69 of 102 Old 05-14-2011, 09:58 PM

I am also excited to join this club. Got a BFP today! According to LMP, I am due January 23. I've run the gamut with births. This will be my 4th. The first was induced and born at the hospital... second was born at home, which was amazing... the third was tricky. I started out at home with a midwife and eventually had to be transferred to a hospital. I've never had a C-section though, but I came pretty close! I am hoping for another homebirth. We just moved from AR to AZ and I'm nervous and a little scared. I don't know anyone here... don't know any of the midwives or anything so I am hoping for the best. I am glad for what LactatingGirl mentioned about cramping and bleeding. I have been cramping for a week and was beginning to get pretty nervous. We haven't told anyone yet, aside from my best friend, so I am really excited to have a little support in this journey. Congrats to all!

#70 of 102 Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Hi all! I am expecting #6 on the 14th. After 5 beautiful boys I am really hoping for a lil princess this time. :) Feeling truly fantastic other than a little exhaustion....ok, alot of exhaustion. Feeling very zen and blissful. :)

#71 of 102 Old 05-15-2011, 10:24 PM

Wow, these forums have gotten bigger...Please tell me they're still better than babycenter.com?

Hello!  New here, too!  This is my DH and my second and we're excited (in the "holy cr*p what were we thinking???"-sort of way...at least every time DD has a breakdown).  Hopefully, this one will stick, as the last couple of times have ended in 6-week miscarriages.

My goal this time around is to not freak out about anything (haha a girl can dream), gain less than 80 lbs. and above all, enjoy this pregnancy, as it'll most likely be my last.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#72 of 102 Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyemama81 View Post

We just moved from AR to AZ and I'm nervous and a little scared. I don't know anyone here... don't know any of the midwives or anything so I am hoping for the best.

Hi Skyemama!  I hear ya on the moving front...my fiance' and I are moving 6 hours from here next month and we don't know anyone at all in the area we're going (except the midwife)...so I'm pretty scared about that, too.  Hopefully we will make some friends soon when we get there so we won't feel so alone.  I hope you all make some friends soon, too! innocent.gif

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#73 of 102 Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM

I'll dip my toe in the water here. I got my BFP back before Easter but was too nervous to join since I've had a couple of losses recently. But today we saw a beautiful little heartbeat and I'm feeling brave. We're expecting #2 with a due date of January 2.

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#74 of 102 Old 05-16-2011, 04:55 PM

Another September '09 alum here... I'm due 1/15ish.  I'm feeling fine so far except for exhaustion which has really settled in over the past few days.  I don't remember this at all from #1... but then again, I wasn't wrangling a toddler at the same time then either.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#75 of 102 Old 05-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Also cautiously joining in here. This will be baby #3 but I've had 3 losses with the most recent in Feb. So I'm not entirely convinced. I have been sick this month and am pretty amazed that we even conceived with all that's going on in my body!

I am due Jan 24th and if this little one sticks I want to deliver at home like I did with my last.
Fingers crossed for everyone!!!!

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#76 of 102 Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 PM

Thank you, Wombjuice! I am actually excited to be pregnant for more than the obvious reasons... I am also hoping to join a parenting group so I can make some SAHM friends. It's been a tough 6 months here and still don't know anyone. I do hope you have good luck making some friends in your new area too!

#77 of 102 Old 05-17-2011, 06:10 AM

I have an update...  I know a lot of you probably saw my other thread, but for those who haven't: we're expecting TWINS!  I had an ultrasound yesterday after a miscarriage scare (all in my head!), and the tech found two babies!  They appear to be fraternal, and are each in their own sac.  I suppose this means that I technically have a December due date now, but I think I'll hang out here.

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#78 of 102 Old 05-17-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post

I have an update...  I know a lot of you probably saw my other thread, but for those who haven't: we're expecting TWINS!  I had an ultrasound yesterday after a miscarriage scare (all in my head!), and the tech found two babies!  They appear to be fraternal, and are each in their own sac.  I suppose this means that I technically have a December due date now, but I think I'll hang out here.

WHOA! CONGRATS!!!!!!

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#79 of 102 Old 05-17-2011, 09:33 AM

Hi All,

I got my BFP on Monday morning, so here I am. I'm excited, thrilled, stunned, scared, and overjoyed. Glad to have you all to lean on in these next crazy weeks. I see my midwife on Friday for our first prenatal consult. joy.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#80 of 102 Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 PM

HI everyone!  We are expecting #3 here, due on Dec 31, but after hitting 42 weeks and a day with #2, I'm pretty sure this little bean will make an appearance in Jan!  we are planning a homebirth, and are still in the, "Wow, that was fast" stage of shock!  (DH decided he was willing to try for #3 about 5 ......minutes before this one was conceived.  Props to the FAM!)

belly.gifLesli: Wife to Jon, Mommy to my treasures, Kyla(Feb 06), Erin (Nov 08), and "Beanie" due 01/12! We're a home centered family! Homebirth, homecooking, homemade homegrown, and homeschooling!!

#81 of 102 Old 05-18-2011, 06:32 AM

Hi.

I'm Lisa, mom to 7 already and so happy to be due 1/14/12.  I found out 5/5, and really have been in shock--happy shock-- about this little bean.  Hubby and I were not TTC, but did plan in it.  We knew we wanted more children.  I lost my mom a few months ago, and was having such a hard time dealing...I feel like this baby was sent to us to help our family from such a loss.  I'm really happy to be here!

#82 of 102 Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM

I'm due January 1 with my second (my first is a year and a half old).   Guess I should start preparing to hear Mayan Apocalypse jokes, huh?

;)

Nice to meet everyone, by the way... this is my first mothering.com forum post!

wombjuice likes this.
#83 of 102 Old 05-19-2011, 04:51 PM

Hi everyone!  I'm Anna and I'm due with my 2nd at the end of January.  I am super excited to be planning my first homebirth!

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#84 of 102 Old 05-20-2011, 05:44 AM

Hi Everyone! I just got my BFP yesterday. Due the end of January with #2 & hoping to have a homebirth. :)

#85 of 102 Old 05-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Hi ladies!  We just found out on Monday we are expecting #6.  I have 2 sweet step-sons 14 and 12.  We also have a soon to be 8 year old, a newly 2 year old and a 7 month old!

I think we need a bigger car!smile.gif  When the big boys are here we wont all fit!  So happy but suprised to be here! 

#86 of 102 Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 PM

Welcome to all of the new additions to our ddc!

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

#87 of 102 Old 05-20-2011, 07:11 PM

Hi everyone!  I would like to join :)  

I got a bfp this morning, and am due at the end of January, 5 days after my 30th birthday!  

This is my first pregnancy.  No symptoms yet, just feeling happy and excited!

#88 of 102 Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 PM

Hi ladies.  I didn't ever introduce myself.  I have an almost 5 year old. (Isn't that such a bittersweet milestone?) We thought we'd adopt in between and worked on that for a year and a half.  Eventually we decided to wait because the timing wasn't right.  We tried for about 13 months, and got pregnant after IVIG treatment for another reason.  I'm due on January 20th, and will probably meet the little angel around the 13th.  (Repeat section because of autoimmune/neurological condition.)   So far we've just told my mom, doctors, and  a couple close friends.  I haven't broken it to the rest of the family yet...The day after we found out, my husband got laid off.  I haven't felt like explaining that yet. ;)

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#89 of 102 Old 05-21-2011, 06:34 AM

Hi everyone, I am due 1/25/12, and happy to be here. I got my first BFP 5 days ago, but it still seems so unreal. DH and I already have a beautiful daughter, and we are now trying to get used to the idea of welcoming another sweet baby!

Isn't it hard to grasp that a LO is growing inside of you when there are no physical signs yet? Well, I have no morning sickness (yet), just like I never had it with my 1st.

Hello to all of you!

stillheart.gifwife to M (36), mommy to M Zs (May 2009) and B D (Oct 2013)angel1.gif 4.5wks Feb 2011, angel1.gif 9.5wks June 2011, angel1.gif 9.5wks Nov 2011, angel1.gif 7.5wks Oct 2012.

#90 of 102 Old 05-21-2011, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have a 12/21 EDD, but my first three pregnancies went anywhere from 8 days to 17 days past my previous EDDs.  I hope you all don't mind my hanging out in here while I'm part of the Dec. DDC.  Because my pregnancies go long, many of my DDC friends disappear as they greet their wonderful babies, so it's nice to get to know some Mamas who will be around later in my pregnancy to chat with.

I have three daughters, ages 7, 5, and 2.  My last two births were at home, so I'm hoping for another home birth this time around. 

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page