January 2012 Babies!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

joy.gifI'll be the first to post! Our 5th baby is due on January 6th!! This was our first cycle after a previous 9 week miscarriage in March. To be honest, we weren't even trying this month so this is just another lesson of "we are not really in control" (even though we think we are!). We're so happy! I knew 4-5 days after bd'ing that something was up (even though I thought I had no reason to think so) and knew for sure by 8 days after even before I had a BFP to prove it. I have tons of symptoms. I really feel pregnant this time! I've never been so psyched to be exhausted, moody and nauseous. We told the kids yesterday and they are so excited too! 

Who else!? 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 AM

ME!!! I am  also due the 6th! This will be my 2nd and DBs 3rd....Very much unplanned as my 1st is only 9 months, but Im very excited none the less.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

OMG your babe is beautiful! I was pregnant with my 4th when my 3rd was 8 months---said two girls are now playing "house" together as I type this. It was worth it! 

Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 AM

me :)

I'm due with #4 on 1/2/12. joy.gif

I tested positive at 7dpo so I have known for 2 weeks already.  Crazy.  Not feeling much symptom-wise, just metal mouth and going to bed by 10pm every night, lol.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM

Hi everyone! I am due with #2 on Jan. 4 or 6 depending on how you calculate dates.  I was a bit surprised because it was the first month of actively trying, but thrilled because I will be 39 soon and didn't want to wait too much longer. My DD will be 3 soon and I also didn't want any more space between them.  I am hoping for an hbac and starting to interview midwives. Not really feeling any symptoms, which worries me a little, but it's still so early.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Hey :) Been hanging out on the Dec board. I am Due Jan 2nd with number 6 for me, number 7 for our family.  I got a lovely positive 9 days after which is early for me. Makes me wonder lol. the nausea is getting to me lately and the always tired feeling but other wise its not to bad :)

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
Old 05-02-2011, 03:21 PM

Hi everyone. I'm joining in here too :) I'm due early January- the 8th by my period of the 4th by conception. Which do you go by?

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 05-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2anangel View Post

Hi everyone. I'm joining in here too :) I'm due early January- the 8th by my period of the 4th by conception. Which do you go by?

when you say "conception" do you mean ovulation (were you charting) or just that you know the date of the sex you conceived with?  If ovulation, I would go with that date.  If it is the date of the sex, it still could be a few days after, because sperm can live for several days waiting for the egg.

if you don't know your exact ovulation date, most providers will either go by your LMP (last menstrual period) or an early ultrasound to date the pregnancy (if you consent to that).

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 05-02-2011, 03:31 PM

Hey, everyone!  I'm due Jan 9th.  This will be my first! joy.gif

Old 05-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Hi mamas!  I'm due 1/1/12 by conception date.  I'm almost positive I ovulated before we DTD, but my cycles have been a bit wonky lately (don't have to worry about that anymore!).  By LMP I'm due 1/2/10.  No symptoms yet, other than being tired.  I'm just waiting for the morning sickness to hit...

This will be #2 for us.  DS is 19 months old, and was born completely naturally, in the hospital, with a midwife.  Aside from some crazy back labor, I had a great experience.  If there's no back labor, this time will be a breeze! 

Glad to meet you all!  wave.gif

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Old 05-02-2011, 08:25 PM

Hi all!  I came looking for this DDC last week, when I got my BFP, and it wasn't listed yet.  So I'm glad to find it now!

I'm due Jan 3rd.  I have one DS who is almost 18 months and I had a miscarriage in March this year at 8 weeks. So this baby will hopefully be our second that we get to keep.  We're still worried and wary of sharing the news since we shared early last time and then had the m/c.  I had a beta hcg done 3 days ago that was 1385.  The plan is to repeat it weekly til my sono around 7-8 weeks, just for peace of mind to know all is ok til then.

We conceived before the first period after the m/c, so we have to go by ovulation.  I wasn't charting religiously, but I'm pretty sure this due date is the only option given the chart.  (Oddly enough, bd'ing was one day after ovulation, so that's pretty wild that the egg survived til then!  lol.)

We had a homebirth last time and plan the same this time around.  I don't plan, however, to repeat the 42 hour labor that preceded the birth!  lol.  I'm hoping this one will be much more normal length.

Here's to a happy and healthy 8 more months for all of us!

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacm View Post

I'm due Jan 3rd.  I have one DS who is almost 18 months and I had a miscarriage in March this year at 8 weeks. 

We conceived before the first period after the m/c, so we have to go by ovulation.  I wasn't charting religiously, but I'm pretty sure this due date is the only option given the chart.  (Oddly enough, bd'ing was one day after ovulation, so that's pretty wild that the egg survived til then!  lol.)

Wow, similar situation! I miscarried in the beginning of March at exactly 9 weeks. We also conceived on the first ovulation after the miscarriage (before my first period) and we also bd'ed after ovulation.....pretty neat! Guess these little ones know how to make things happen up there! 

Old 05-02-2011, 08:37 PM

HI  ladies, I cannot believe I'm here too! Got the "PREGNANT" on the clear blue digital last night. I've been taking dollar store tests for like ten days with nothing, then for whatever reason, my dh dug out Friday nights test from the garbage on Saturday morning and told me he saw a line. I thought it was an evap line, went and bought the clear blue, and BFP!

Not sure on my exact due date... with dd (20months) I was charting and knew exactly when I o'd... Im still nursing her like crazy, and my cycles were kinda all over the place. We only just decided to ttc, so it still doesn't feel real. My lmp was March 25, which gives me a due date of dec 29. I'm sure I didnt o until closer to April 20, which is more like Jan 7th. I hate that I don't know the details. LOL. somehow I feel less in control.. weird.

Anyways, I called my dr, have an apt on June 8th, I guess we'll get a better idea of size / timing then :)

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 PM

Hello everybody. I am happy to see this DDC is here at last! I've been impatiently waiting.

This is my third pregnancy but I have not been pregnant for a loooong time. My kids are 21 and 17 and I am 45. I got pregnant without any assistant, in fact it was quite a shock. My partner has never had kids, and he is out of this world happy about this. I worry about m/c due to my age (though I have never had one). My two older kids were born with Midwives. the 2nd at home.

Right now I'm focused on eating really well, taking prenatals and not stressing.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Mama to AJS - 22, CRS -17 and forever in my heart GHAB 8/5/11/(18 weeks) angel2.gif

Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 AM

Sushi & sake get me every time. Same thing we had when I got pregnant with ds1. Shortly thereafter I dreamed I had milk again and had another boy... Then took about 600 pregnancy tests because I couldn't believe I got pregnant so fast.
Due on the first!

Ds was born via c section after a long back labor and three unsuccessful hours of pushing.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
Old 05-03-2011, 09:03 AM

Hey guys, I am here too!!  I just got a BFP yesterday and #4 is due January 11th-ish :)  This was definitely not planned, our oldest just turned 3 a couple weeks ago, our middle will be 2 mid-June and our youngest is 6.5 months... we may be slightly insane!!  Our oldest with 4 months shy of 4 when this baby is born :)  I am still a bit in shock (DH was home for 2 weeks for RnR from deployment and I really didn't think the dates lined up) but am cautiously excited too!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post

Hey guys, I am here too!!  I just got a BFP yesterday and #4 is due January 11th-ish :) 

I am not here yet (fingers crossed), but I would be due the same day as you! I took a test on Sat morn, neg. I am waiting until tomorrow morning (when I my period is due) to test again. Agghhh, it is so tough to wait, especially when I tease myself by lurking!

Congrats Mamas! Hope to be in this board soon!

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
blogging.jpg to help inspire people to achieve their dreams, check me out!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprague View Post

Congrats Mamas! Hope to be in this board soon!

If it makes you feel more hopeful, I had a BFN at 9 dpo (even though I already had symptoms) and at 11 dpo had a BFP on a digital even! Good Luck tomorrow! 

Old 05-03-2011, 10:03 AM

I'm due January 6th with our first after a year of trying.  I feel totally spaced out and exhausted and it doesn't really seem real yet.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 AM

Yay!  I just got a positive this morning!

We've been trying for about three years now, DS will be 5 next week! I had a very early miscarriage about a year and a half ago (before I could get a positive test result). Here's the kicker - we had finally gotten around to setting up an appointment at a fertility clinic that my acupuncturist had recommended, and I get to cancel it!

I felt mittelschmertz this time (did with DS, too) and that puts me at Jan 8. DS was almost 3 weeks early, though, so it could be December. Wow, this is so amazing, I thought it would never happen!

I’ve been pretty sure I was pregnant for a week or so, but I waited to take the test because I had false negatives last time from testing too early.

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 05-03-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'lee View Post

Yay!  I just got a positive this morning!

We've been trying for about three years now, DS will be 5 next week! I had a very early miscarriage about a year and a half ago (before I could get a positive test result). Here's the kicker - we had finally gotten around to setting up an appointment at a fertility clinic that my acupuncturist had recommended, and I get to cancel it!

I felt mittelschmertz this time (did with DS, too) and that puts me at Jan 8. DS was almost 3 weeks early, though, so it could be December. Wow, this is so amazing, I thought it would never happen!

I’ve been pretty sure I was pregnant for a week or so, but I waited to take the test because I had false negatives last time from testing too early.

Congratulations mama!! That is so wonderful :)

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

Wow, similar situation! I miscarried in the beginning of March at exactly 9 weeks. We also conceived on the first ovulation after the miscarriage (before my first period) and we also bd'ed after ovulation.....pretty neat! Guess these little ones know how to make things happen up there! 

I saw that in your post - very cool!  I hope we both have an uneventful pregnancy this time around!  =)

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

Old 05-03-2011, 01:02 PM

I got my BFP last night, due January 3 (same birthday as my FIL, uncle IL and mum!).  We've been trying since February this year and I just celebrated my birthday, so this is a nice present for me :)

**2**4**3rdtri.gif**8**10**12**14**16**18**20**22**24**26**28**30**32**34**36**38**40homebirth.jpg
SAHstepM to C faint.gif and N blahblah.gif
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Hi everyone! I finally got my BFP last Wednesday and am currently 5w3d along, due 1/1/12. Husband and I were not going to even start trying until next month but funny enough, I knew the moment it happened and it was an excruciating wait to get the confirmation on a stick. No symptoms yet except extreme fatigue ( may be due to a cold) and tender breasts. I am hoping for more symptoms (morning sickness) to occur soon however, since they are supposed to be a good sign that everything is progressing as it should.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Took a test this morning and it was positive within seconds. I did notice that the package had an expiration date for 2010 so I just bought another 2 to take so that I can be sure. Dh and I weren't really trying we had one night where we weren't careful and here we are with a January 9th due date! This will be #3 for us :D

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
Old 05-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2anangel View Post

Congratulations mama!! That is so wonderful :)

Thanks!!!

Michelle, extreme fatigue and sore nipples were the early symptoms that I had last time around (and sore nipples this time, so far, feels almost like thrush, I can understand why my mom stopped BFing me when she got pregnant with my sister!). That's definitely a good sign! I didn't really have a problem with morning sickness (cross the fingers!), just very low-level nausea and aversion to shopping for vegetables. It was funny because I was all ready for morning sickness and I'd read a few books about it, and then it wasn't a problem! Joining a CSA helped with the veggie problem. :)

Another symptom I have is that my belly seems to be packing on the fat! This happened to me last time too.

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 05-03-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

If it makes you feel more hopeful, I had a BFN at 9 dpo (even though I already had symptoms) and at 11 dpo had a BFP on a digital even! Good Luck tomorrow! 

I took one around 9 DPO too, I had one of those "is it there or am I imagining stuff" moments.. If you glanced it looked like BFN.. then I took a clear blue digital and bam, pregnant! 

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
Old 05-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Yea! I get to join here too! I'm excited that I found a board on Mothering this time around. I have a 21 month old daughter and when I was pregnant with her I was on a different site. It was nice to have the general support, but I am SO much more um, hippy, crunchy, natural, (whatever you want to call me) than most I had to keep my mouth shut in a lot of the conversations. I had my first daughter at home with a wonderful midwife and am planning on having a homebirth again. We moved to a different state in January so I will have to find a new midwife. I got my BFP on the 1st and I am probably due around Jan. 6th. My daughter is still breastfeeding so there is no way I can temp right now so not exactly sure when I ovulated. I'm excited to get to know you ladies!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:22 AM

Hi all!!! Congratulations on your expected babies! We just found out yesterday that we're expecting another little one in early January(the 6th?)!joy.gif I 'm very, very, very excited but also extremely cautious because I do have a history of pregnancy loss. My daughter is going to be four in July and we've been trying since just before her first baby to give her a sibling.

Because of my history of loss, we've decided not to tell anyone but I'm finding that I'm needing some support, so thought I would pop in and post. It's hard to be so incredibly thrilled and yet ultra nervous but I figured you guys would understand!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'lee View Post

Thanks!!!

Michelle, extreme fatigue and sore nipples were the early symptoms that I had last time around (and sore nipples this time, so far, feels almost like thrush, I can understand why my mom stopped BFing me when she got pregnant with my sister!). That's definitely a good sign! I didn't really have a problem with morning sickness (cross the fingers!), just very low-level nausea and aversion to shopping for vegetables. It was funny because I was all ready for morning sickness and I'd read a few books about it, and then it wasn't a problem! Joining a CSA helped with the veggie problem. :)

Another symptom I have is that my belly seems to be packing on the fat! This happened to me last time too.

Thanks!!! I am getting a bit worried that morning sickness has not kicked in yet and fatigue is dying down so it feels good to hear that not every woman experiences similar symptoms. This is my first so praying that this first trimester is uneventful and goes well. Best of luck to you!

User Tag List