How is Everyone Feeling? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 98 Old 05-18-2011, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had some pretty uncomfortable cramps today at 6w5d.....anyone else getting these? I haven't had really noticeable cramps for at least 2 weeks. I'm assuming it's my uterus growing and stretching. It worried me because of how uncomfortable they were. It wasn't just like AF cramps but they were definitely not twinges. They didn't come in contraction-like waves like they did with my miscarriage and there's no spotting so I'm assuming all is well. 

I don't like being pregnant. We are so obviously not in control....not that we ever are but pregnancy just makes me feel so vulnerable to the universe! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#62 of 98 Old 05-18-2011, 03:43 PM

Goodness..I'm right there with you..I'm having cramping and I'm between 4 and 6 weeks..and no spotting here either *knock on wood* I've m/c'ed as well and it just freaks me out!

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#63 of 98 Old 05-18-2011, 04:36 PM

My cramping has subsided... only to be replaced by morning sickness.  eyesroll.gif I wasn't prepared for it to come so soon.  Last time I think it didn't get this bad til like 8 wks.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#64 of 98 Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 AM

AF-like cramping since about two days before AF was supposed to come. Sometimes they're pretty intense, but I also had similar cramping with DS. It's a little nerve-wracking, but I'm trying to relax and not worry about it since they don't feel like contractions and I'm not having any spotting/bleeding. BBs are becoming more tender by the day. I've been wearing firm control sports bras and that seems to help. Lack of energy is evolving into exhaustion. But otherwise I feel great. No headaches, no nausea, my moodiness has lifted, and I'm able to eat tasty, nourishing food.

#65 of 98 Old 05-22-2011, 04:39 PM

I am miserable :( I have a constipation issue from the Zoferan which I have now stoped takeing and now have horrible nausea back. I am so tired I feel like I could sleep a week after being up 2 hours. I just wanna cry!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#66 of 98 Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

IM 4 WEEKS 5 DAYS.

HAD SPOTTING BUT ITS GONE. FEELING BLOATED SOME OF THE TIME, BUT NOT ALWAYS. CONSTANT HUNGER. NO NAUSEA SO FAR. SOMETIMES DIZZY, LESS ENERGY THAN USUAL. 

#67 of 98 Old 05-30-2011, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

8 weeks and i still feel fantastic! joy.gif

homescholing traveling mama of two ('08 and '12) expecting May 2015!
#68 of 98 Old 05-30-2011, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

I am nearly 9 weeks and it's been up and down for me. Some days I feel fairly normal, other days I'm super tired and queasy. I've done a few things to combat the m/s.

1 - Stopped taking prenatals and just taking folic acid right now. That helped SO much with the queasy.

2 - Continuing on with acupuncture every Sat. I believe this is also helping a lot.

3 - Taking Unisom and B6 at night and just B6 during the day.

4 - Ginger candy, ginger ale (Reeds, etc) and anything else ginger  can get my hands on

My biggest complaint is feeling short of breath. I've read that it's normal but it doesn't make it any less annoying. I get winded walking up a small flight of stairs. I'm normally fairly active so this has been really tough on me.

Mama to AJS - 22, CRS -17 and forever in my heart GHAB 8/5/11/(18 weeks) angel2.gif

#69 of 98 Old 05-30-2011, 01:00 PM

Today I feel comically craptastic

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#70 of 98 Old 05-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_bella1050 View Post

Today I feel comically craptastic

Oh Sarah I laughed out loud reading that. So right there with ya sister!

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#71 of 98 Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 PM

my ms is getting progressively stronger. still not bad at all- worse in the am and then little waves throughout the day. i'm only 5 weeks today though, so i'm sure it will get a lot worse. i think last time it hit full force at 6 weeks. otherwise tired, and today i'm feeling bloated and super icky. partially because i hardly moved all day today because i was tired, but now i'm not sure the icky bloated lazy feeling was worth it. lol. i ate a TON this weekend, but i never seem to be hungry when everyone else is eating! really though, i feel pretty good and i probably shouldn't be complaining. LOL.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#72 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

9 weeks -- Bloated, exhausted, nauseous, what was the word?  Craptastic.  Yep, that's it.  Totally craptastic.  

lactatinggirl likes this.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#73 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 03:53 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

I don't like being pregnant. We are so obviously not in control....not that we ever are but pregnancy just makes me feel so vulnerable to the universe! 

Word.  I love my babies, love my kids, but I really hate being pregnant.  Especially the first trimester.  So, right there with you.  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#74 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 AM

I seem to feel great 2 out of every 3 days.  and then the third day I am fighting the nausea all day.  still exhausted.  and the round ligament pain has been out in full force for a week or two now, so I have to be careful about jumping up from my seat or I will have to just stand there and breathe until it stops.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#75 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I feel rough. Just exhausted and sick most of the time. I went from running a touch over 6 miles last week on Saturday to barely having enough energy to take a 20 minute walk this week. My activity level is just crashing rather quickly. We finally had to tell our children because they were getting worried about me always feeling so lousy. Their excitement perked me up for a little bit :)

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#76 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 AM

*Yawn* yep, craptastic is the perfect word for it. I am SO dang tired and miserable. I have the motivation and energy level of a sloth. Maybe a snail on a good day. The nausea is finally starting to die down I think. I am not sure. Maybe I am just used to it *sigh* I have been up for 3 hours and am already feeling like I could sleep a week. Its gonna be a day!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#77 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Oh thank goodness!  I'm normal!  biggrinbounce.gif  I spent the entire weekend trying not to toss my cookies, then yesterday felt pretty decent, and today I woke up feeling like a truck hit me.  Having to get up FOUR TIMES to pee last night isn't helping.   I've been falling asleep all day, except of course for the 45 minutes when I actually had time to take a nap.  I was full from lunch so I tried lying down but I got nauseous and had to prop myself up, so I kept jerking awake every time I would get sleepy.  Yes indeed, craptastic just about covers it.

So, round ligament pain... Is that the stretching pain I feel if I turn suddenly in bed when I'm asleep? 

And also (separate feeling), does anybody else feel like their tummy/uterus is kind of pulling/stretching if they lie down on their side?  Not sure how to explain it, but I have to put a pillow under my tummy so I don't feel that weird sensation.  I'm only 7 weeks and I'm not overweight (just a little belly that's been growing because of the additional calories I've been eating).  It's not painful, just annoying and kind of "there".

And as for the wheezing... I climbed three volcanoes the week I conceived, and now I can't climb a flight of stairs without stopping to breathe and getting dizzy!  I heard it goes away though... Here's hoping!

Now I know why my SIL, mother of 3, was constantly in a horrid mood when she was pregnant!  But I'm trying to stay happy and enjoy this pregnancy!  Thank goodness for this board and for all of you!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#78 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 10:12 AM

Oh my goodness! I am 7w3d and feel horrible. I hate complaining, especially after TTC for over 7 years, but yesterday was spent in front of the toilet from 6pm-9 I felt so sick. I was crying and miserable and telling my DH how all these years I thought pregnant women were just making it up for extra attention and blah blah blah and how wrong I was and this baby hates me and its all his fault... Luckily he just rubbed my back and laughed, he's such a keeper! I am sooo excited/anxous for our appointment next Monday. Also on a side note I don't think this bra is going to work much longer but I have no clue what to get. A sports bra? It just feels so tight around my ribcage that I can't wait to take it off after work. And is anyone else having really weird dreams? Last night I had dream we went to our appointment but instead of my Dr., Bobby Flay was there and going to do the ultrasound. But he ended up teaching my husband how to deep fry penguins to eat. Oh boy!

#79 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

So, round ligament pain... Is that the stretching pain I feel if I turn suddenly in bed when I'm asleep? 

yup!  

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#80 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 AM

Last preg, I went to walmart and bought some hanes "t-shirt" bras.  They had no underwire and were soft cotton.  They had padded and unpadded versions.  I'm a 40D, so it wasn't enough support if I weren't preg, but I was prob 6 mos along at the time, and the belly was pretty big, so it looked fine from the outside.  MUCH more comfy at that point than my regular underwires.  When I bought them, I got a slightly larger # size than normal and started on the tightest hook setting, then moved out as I needed.  Even though you're still early, you might try something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post

Oh my goodness! I am 7w3d and feel horrible. I hate complaining, especially after TTC for over 7 years, but yesterday was spent in front of the toilet from 6pm-9 I felt so sick. I was crying and miserable and telling my DH how all these years I thought pregnant women were just making it up for extra attention and blah blah blah and how wrong I was and this baby hates me and its all his fault... Luckily he just rubbed my back and laughed, he's such a keeper! I am sooo excited/anxous for our appointment next Monday. Also on a side note I don't think this bra is going to work much longer but I have no clue what to get. A sports bra? It just feels so tight around my ribcage that I can't wait to take it off after work. And is anyone else having really weird dreams? Last night I had dream we went to our appointment but instead of my Dr., Bobby Flay was there and going to do the ultrasound. But he ended up teaching my husband how to deep fry penguins to eat. Oh boy!

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#81 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 AM

Can I just complain for a minute?!  I am 9w1d now, and have been nauseous since aobut 5 weeks.  Almost constant, with some breaks right after meals and other random times.  Plus more tired than usual.  Add to that that DS has been waking up crying a few times a night for a few nights now - maybe nightmares?? - and I am one worn out mama.  Plus, today I woke up at 7 with a headache, it's now almost 3pm, and I still have it.  I called the MW to ask if I can take Tylenol, and she said they'd rather not just in case, to try fluids, rest and icepacks on neck/forehead and only tylenol if really needed.  So I haven't taken it, but the other measures have not gotten rid of the pain.  Oh, and can't lay and rest when I've got DS and his 9 mo old cousin to run after! 

Do I really have 4-5 more weeks of nausea to come?!  I'm thankful I'm not actually vomiting, but geez, this really sucks!

I also get round ligament pain at times.  Coughing tends to do it. Luckily I'm just about over that nasty cold I got 2 WEEKS ago!! 

The good news is that I'm feeling good about this pregnancy now.  Our sono last week went really well and I feel like we can get excited without having to worry too much about losing the baby.  So we finally told my family this weekend and everyone was really happy to hear the news. =)

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#82 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM

[duplicate post]

#83 of 98 Old 05-31-2011, 04:19 PM

I'm 8w5d and the nausea hasn't been as intense the last few 4-5 days....as in, it's not constant all-day nausea...it's just here and there now. I feel so tired still and have no energy to do anything productive. I've gained around 8-9lbs already and I'm eating total junk. Tomorrow, I'm going to start eating my old diet again and hope the intense nausea stays away. I ate carbs all day for 4 weeks straight. I look so chubby :(

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#84 of 98 Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 AM

I'm 6w3d and feeling some nausea and lots of exhaustion.  I'm having lots of food aversions and I'm craving cherries and raspberries. My pants are already tight which is ridiculous because I have lost a few pounds, but I don't want to do maternity clothes yet.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#85 of 98 Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 AM

We had our first pre-natal appt today (8 wks, 3 days), and I love the midwife! She is super nice, and took lots of time with me... even when DS got fussy, she was really patient. I'm still feeling some nausea, but it's not as intense as it was with DS... just more constant and started sooner. DS is napping, and I should be sleeping, too, or really cleaning, but all I can do is sit. I'm very ready for the more energetic days of the 2nd tri!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#86 of 98 Old 06-01-2011, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

My nausea has also been getting slowly better, thank goodness.  Now I'm only queasy if I go for more than 2 hours without eating something.  I am eating everything with vinegar, and I do mean everything.  I discovered it by mistake when the vinegar from my salad wondered over to my chicken, and woah!  All of a sudden I am not gagging at everything on my plate!

I had two strange cramps last night, one felt like AF but then went away quickly, and the other I later realized was probably gas (hee hee).  And of course the round ligament pain when I turn over while asleep.  Oh, what I would give for one night of sleeping straight through, but I somehow think that those nights are over for good...

As for bras, Yes!  I can't stand even the bras that used to be too big on me just 4 weeks ago (never mind the push-up ones).  I'm happiest at home with one of those built-in support camis, (even though I'm a 36D and I have to wear a bra to go out) so I am going to get unpadded bras once I get back to the States.

Have a great day, all!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#87 of 98 Old 06-02-2011, 05:22 AM

I heard that the "sea band" can help with the morning sickness.  The band presses on an accupressure point on your wrist.  I got mine at CVS yesterday because I couldn't stand the nausea.  For the first time in the pregnancy I felt I was going to puke.  For now the sea band has calmed me.  After I put it on yesterday all I could feel was the extreme tiredness.  Then I thought, "great! we switched the nausea for tiredness"...but I'll take that anytime over being nauseas.

I hope you all feel better soon.  I can't wait for the 2nd trimester.

#88 of 98 Old 06-02-2011, 10:34 AM

I am mostly just exhausted, but in the last few days, according to my DH, I've also been getting the pregnancy cranky-ness. Today I really got upset over something really trivial, called my hubby all the bad names I could think of, burst out crying whilst feverishly tidying the entire apartment, and finally I went to bed and took an hour-long nap. Fun, right?

Anyone feeling like an emotional wreck-borderline b**** these days (pardon my lang)?

stillheart.gifwife to M (36), mommy to M Zs (May 2009) and B D (Oct 2013)angel1.gif 4.5wks Feb 2011, angel1.gif 9.5wks June 2011, angel1.gif 9.5wks Nov 2011, angel1.gif 7.5wks Oct 2012.

#89 of 98 Old 06-02-2011, 12:18 PM

YES!  I haven't felt this bad since right before I had them take out my Implanon.  I...HATE.... this part of the pregnancy.  I'm not productive at work because the littlest thing will make me angry and then I can't think straight.  The only thing that's good about it is I'm less internal with my emotions, so I relieve more built-up stress easily...  But I'll be lucky if I have a job or any friends after this, as I've been calling them all out on their B/S.  Heck, I'll be lucky if I'm alive at the end of this trimester!  Just this week, I nearly started a fight with a complete stranger because he called me a "vaca" as I was bent over, doing my gardening.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#90 of 98 Old 06-02-2011, 07:31 PM

OK, so I was feeling really nauseated but not to tired, now it has flip flopped and my nausea is gone and I am dead dog tired!  I slept nine hours then had a 2 hour nap and am now beat again.  I do have to say I rather sleep then dry heave LOL.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page