How is Everyone Feeling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 98 Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thought I'd ask how everyone is feeling so far. According to FF I am just about 4 weeks. I don't have much in the way of morning sickness yet, but I do feel extra hungry. I'm pretty tired and have the usual tender bb's and slightly bloated feeling. I had terrible m/s with my daughter and I'm really hopeful that it is not the case this time.

How are you all doing?

Shannon79 likes this.

Mama to AJS - 22, CRS -17 and forever in my heart GHAB 8/5/11/(18 weeks) angel2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 98 Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 PM

I've been extra moody. One of my first things that made me think I was pregnant was just that moodiness coming through and I just can't help myself. Bbs also very swollen and tender. I dreamed about this one the same I dreamed about ds1
In the very beginning.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#3 of 98 Old 05-03-2011, 05:43 AM

I have been very tired.  The nausea started last night, which is similar to my last pregnancy - I would get sicker as the day went on, so I guess I have reverse morning sickness, lol.  I woke up still feeling kind of crappy but forced myself to eat and now I feel better.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#4 of 98 Old 05-03-2011, 06:31 AM

I feel really good, which is totally surprising me.  I'm tired, but maybe my body is used to pushing through it, since DS still doesn't STTN.  We'll be working on that while I'm on vacation (stay-cation, really) next week.  I'm positive that last time I was feeling nauseous by now.

I'm a bit bloated, and my boobs are definitely tender, but that's it for symptoms.  I wanted to go for a run this morning, but every time my feet hit the pavement, I felt like I was going to pee.  I went just before I left home, but it was bad enough that I turned around and walked back.  And of course, now that I'm here, I don't even feel the urge to go anymore.  irked.gif

ETA: Just looked up my old posts, and I was sick by 5w2d along.  I'm 5w3d today, and I'm not sick!  thumb.gif

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
#5 of 98 Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 AM

I'm feeling like a pathetic mess right now. Nausea kicked in on Friday and it's happening more and more as the days go by. I have very little energy and I'm crying very easily. My pants won't fit for much longer. I can't believe that I've actually gained weight---my butt and hips are widening already. I am constantly hungry. My breasts are tender, larger and feel prickly. All in all, I'm happy I feel this crumby because with the miscarriage I had in March, I didn't feel pregnant at all. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#6 of 98 Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 AM

I feel great. Tired mostly, but it's because DD doesn't sleep through as well, and nurses a few times during the night. No nausea, although once in a while I get a little bit queasy, but then again, I don't really remember when my nausea started with my past pregnancies. I usually get really bad ms, so I'm hoping my body decides to skip it this time. That would be really wonderful. I'm hungry all the time and eating so that's probably why the nausea isn't here yet.. who knows. 

I don't have sore boobs, but that's due to the fact that they really don't have much feeling left in them thanks to my little piranha nurser.. lol.

And I am really excited about meeting with my midwife today. She is a CNM but HB is legal here for both CNM's and CPM's whereas in NC where DD was born, having a CPM attend was illegal, sadly. 

That's it for me :) Glad everyone seems to be doing well so far!

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#7 of 98 Old 05-03-2011, 09:17 AM

I feel pretty normal too :)  A little bit of queasy feeling in the morning, but barely.  A bit tired but I have 3 kids 3 and under and a deployed husband so I figure that is pretty much staus quo!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#8 of 98 Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM

Been feeling queasy, gassy and bloated all week (although I didn't take a HPC until last night--so now I know why!).  Sensitive to smells, sensitive BBs and a bit overemotional.  This is my first, so I'm pretty excited and acutely aware of the changes I'm feeling. 

**2**4**3rdtri.gif**8**10**12**14**16**18**20**22**24**26**28**30**32**34**36**38**40homebirth.jpg
SAHstepM to C faint.gif and N blahblah.gif
#9 of 98 Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM

At 5w3d I'm super exhausted but may partially be due to a nasty cold I'm fighting. Breasts are tender and sore and stomach is definitely bloated (good bye belt!). No morning sickness yet. I'm constantly feeling little twinges and pokes, and slight cramping (not like period cramps) in the lower abdomen. I look forward to this journey with everyone. Happy first trimester!
#10 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 07:35 AM

I'm still not sick.  I should be happy, and on some level I am, but I'm a bit worried because I was sick the past two pregnancies (though one ended in m/c at 10 weeks).  I don't feel a thing.  Just tired.  sleeping.gif

#11 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 07:42 AM

I have had a really bad headache on and off (mostly on) since Saturday. No nausea yet, but I'm not even 5 weeks yet so I guess it's not too surprising. Has anybody else had a really bad headache? I didn't have this with my first one. 

#12 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 11:10 AM

I've had a headache for days now too, dont remember that with dd's pregnancy. I've also been having period-like cramps on and off, which I do remember with dd's pregnancy, but I also had 2 chemical pregnancies before dd, and there were cramps with that aswell. I'm one of those obsessive testers, and although the line is getting slightly darker with each day or 2, its still no where near as dark as the control line. With dd the test line got super dark by 14 dpo, and I dont know where I am exactly with this preg, but I've had positives for 6 days, so I'd expect them to be super dark by now. They are darker than any line I had with the chemicals... ugh, I hate worrying. 

That's how Im feeling!

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
#13 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 11:43 AM

carolyn, what brand of test are you using?  I found a huge difference in the darkness of the lines between brands (first response being the most inconsistent of them all)

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#14 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 PM

Using dollar store and first response, same as my pregnancy with dd. I also used a clear blue digital on Sunday, which gave me the PREGNANT 1/2 WEEKS. So Im thinking of doing another one of those next week, hoping it will say 2/3 or 3/4 weeks :)

#15 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 PM

Not sure if I'm even pregnant. I haven't have a period since my 9 month old son was born. I took a test a couple days ago which gave me a line so faint I had to rip out the strip and look next to the light to see it. the net day it was darker. I took 2 more tests and they both read negative. So false positive? I have been having a lot of wacky dreams, some of which I am pregnant, and my nips are sore, but maybe because my son is biting them... So we'll see! I will try to wait a week and try again. I'm so impatient though!

#16 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn_mtl View Post

I also used a clear blue digital on Sunday, which gave me the PREGNANT 1/2 WEEKS. So Im thinking of doing another one of those next week, hoping it will say 2/3 or 3/4 weeks :)

Where do you live?  I don't think that test is available where I am.  Jealous!

#17 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 PM

Anyone feeling stretchy/cramping across the lower abdomen that actually feels slightly uncomfortable? I'm a bit worried considering I just experience a miscarriage right before this pregnancy. I an't tell sometimes if it's my intestines or my uterus. I also feel sudden prickly/poking sensations in my right side of my uterus and sometimes in my cervix too. Anyone else? 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#18 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 05:21 PM

I'm in Canada, I cant believe we'd actually have something here that isnt available in the USA.. lol. Im not too sure how accurate the conception date thingy is, but I'm hoping that if I test again in a few days, it will say I'm further along.

I am having mildly uncomfortable abdomen cramps, but like I said, I know I had that with my dd's pregnancy (as well as with the 2 chemicals).

Dont you just LOVE how period symptoms, early mc symptoms, and pregnancy symptoms are soooo similar.... 

Like I read someone on mdc say recently, until I have reason to worry, Im just going to try to stay positive :)

#19 of 98 Old 05-05-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

Anyone feeling stretchy/cramping across the lower abdomen that actually feels slightly uncomfortable? I'm a bit worried considering I just experience a miscarriage right before this pregnancy. I an't tell sometimes if it's my intestines or my uterus. I also feel sudden prickly/poking sensations in my right side of my uterus and sometimes in my cervix too. Anyone else? 

Yeah, I had those all last week and a few times this week.  Sometimes it feels like gas, others like I'm crampy.  Gotta love how everything starts moving around in there, even this soon.  I'm with you though.  I've had a m/c, so I'm hyper-aware of every little twinge.  Or I'll go to the bathroom, and when I wipe, I'm almost expecting to see blood.  It stinks.

#20 of 98 Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn_mtl View Post

I'm in Canada, I cant believe we'd actually have something here that isnt available in the USA.. lol.

Actually I can think of at least three things related to pg/birth/breastfeeding you have that we don't.  diclectin, gas/air for labor, and domperidone!  and now, really awesome pg tests lol.gif

#21 of 98 Old 05-07-2011, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am SO irritable. Seriously, I feel like biting someone's head off about 25 times a day. It's often my 2 year old, but I'm working on staying calm and continuing with our gentle discipline. This shall pass. Oh, and I'm going to bed 3 hours earlier than normal every night because I simply can't keep my eyes open. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#22 of 98 Old 05-07-2011, 06:50 PM

Hi! I guess I'm feeling pretty good... a little tired, but DS was sick last week. I've also got the weird twinges, sometimes sudden/sharp and sometimes crampy. I definitely don't remember them with DS! I've had a couple waves of nausea, but they passed quickly, and have been eating for more than 2 eat.gif! I even bought a ton of groceries (the day before my BFP) and couldn't understand why since I normally stick to my list. I'd better get a lot more exercise if this is how it's going to be from now on...haha!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#23 of 98 Old 05-08-2011, 05:15 AM

I am new to the list.  I am pretty certain I am pregnant, as I tested twice last week (27+28 days of my cycle) and got a faint pink line and then again today and got a little bit darker but still faint pink line.  I want to try to go for a blood test this week.  I feel like my husband and I wont TOTALLY come to grips with the fact that this is happening until we get the blood tests back.  This was our first month trying after much anticipation.  So I am not technically 34 days past the first day of my last period, but I am not sure how many days past dpo as I wasnt really tracking--probably between 18-22.  Do you know when this means I would be due--are my calculations that around the first two weeks of Jan. correct?

How am I feeling?

Well...VERY excited, but nervous.  My boobs hurt and I have little sharp pains in my lower stomach and some tinges in my back every so often.  Staying hopeful, although slightly nervous about having a first child who is also a capricorn (as am I)...and various other things that I wont mention at this time.

I have been lurking around these community boards for a while and am happy to be posting for the first time.

Sending everyone good vibes.

#24 of 98 Old 05-08-2011, 06:14 AM

I'm also feeling the twingy sensations in my lower abdomen and the sudden, sharp sensations occasionally on the right side.  This is my first, so I'm not sure what's normal and what isn't, but I'm trying to stay in the moment and not worry about what-ifs.  I'm bloated & a bit gassy, so the sensations could be correlated with that.  

I've also been quite lethargic, hungrier than normal, and more aware of odors and tastes than usual.

#25 of 98 Old 05-08-2011, 06:52 AM

It looks like my morning sickness finally caught up with me.  So far, it's nowhere near as bad as last time.  Either that, or I'm just better at managing it now.  If I eat first thing when I get up, then have lots of small meals throughout the day, I can stave off the nausea.  But it's definitely all-day sickness...  I started feeling icky last night at 10:30 pm when I got hungry.  Oh well. 

#26 of 98 Old 05-08-2011, 10:47 AM

Just stopping in to happily report that I took another clear blue digital with conception monitor this am. Last Sunday I got "PREGNANT 1-2 WKS" today I got "PREGNANT 2-3 WKS". I think I can now step away from the pee sticks, lol.

I'm actually feeling totally normal, occasional mild crampy pulling in the lower abdomen, but otherwise symptom free. My pregnancy with dd (20 months) was pretty much symptom free the entire time. If I hadn't tested, I wouldnt have known I was preg until I started showing / felt her moving. lol.

#27 of 98 Old 05-09-2011, 05:57 AM

super nose has arrived...I'm smelling everything!  Metal mouth and a slight sense of ick seems to be coming on as well.  I am still going to tell myself this time will be different, that I will not be as sick.  We are going to see a huge amount of family and friends next week.  I was hoping to wait to tell people, but if I'm feeling awful they will know right away since they know we've been ttc.  

treehugger.gifAP mama to lovable, energetic DS born 4/9/08, expecting #2 mid Jan 2012, wife to German Professor, friend to many. namaste.gif

#28 of 98 Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturechicplus1 View Post

super nose has arrived...I'm smelling everything!  Metal mouth and a slight sense of ick seems to be coming on as well.  I am still going to tell myself this time will be different, that I will not be as sick.  We are going to see a huge amount of family and friends next week.  I was hoping to wait to tell people, but if I'm feeling awful they will know right away since they know we've been ttc.  

Super nose, love that. I sent an email to my sweetie the other day that had the subject "I can smell everything." Sometimes it's okay but other times, uh oh.

I had some queasy yesterday morning and then was okay after we ate brunch. I napped several times over the weekend and was asleep early last night. I am excited as I made an appointment with an acupuncturist for next weekend in hopes that if I get m/s it will help keep it at bay. We also went shopping yesterday and I stocked up on bland foods, high protein foods and lemons, lemons, lemons. I also got lemon popsicles and lemon candy.

Mama to AJS - 22, CRS -17 and forever in my heart GHAB 8/5/11/(18 weeks) angel2.gif

#29 of 98 Old 05-09-2011, 07:36 AM

I feel pretty good right now.  Have definately had days where I felt horribly tired, and even a little nauseaus, but overall it's pretty good.  I've realized a sudden urge to exercise a lot, but I think that's because this was not at all planned, and I'm way more out of shape than I had hoped to be if I was ever going to be pregnant again.  With DD I felt like garbage the whole first trimester, so I'm hopeful that this is just a different situation, and not that it means something bad about this pregnancy.

Humbly parenting Abraham (1/08), learning to be gentle and creative.  At least I got a good man to hold my hand.  Married to Ben (8/06). 

#30 of 98 Old 05-09-2011, 08:32 AM

I'm feeling pretty gross.  Lots of nausea already.  I was hoping it would be better this time.  I guess we shall see!

Married to my other half

Mama to Madeline (07-10-07) and Finley (10-17-11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page