What are you eating? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-17-2011, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What healthy women! You inspire me! I am absolutely determined NOT to eat crap this time. I'm one of those carb cravers, and when the nausea hits it's all about buttered noodles. I really need all those better foods listed because I'm starting this pregnancy 15 pounds heavier than my others.

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 05:57 PM

Everything in sight.  lurk.gif 

I'm starting to crave pickles and olives, which is par for the course for me during any pregnancy.  But honestly, even with the nausea, if it's not tied down, it's been going in my mouth.  This morning, I had some crackers before getting out of bed, then a bowl of cereal, then an entire bowl of garlicky hummus with pita chips and grapes for an early lunch, then some cheese and crackers, and then we went to an early dinner where I ate fried pickles, buffalo wings, and celery with bleu cheese.  Now we're back home, and I feel STUFFED, but I really want some ice cream with girl scout cookies crushed all over the top.

Sigh.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 PM

I'm so in between everyone..lmbo. These past couple days I've had morning sickness so bad it's completely intolerable. This is my first pregnancy and I seriously cannot believe how god awful I feel. Been begging for carbs and ginger ale..but otherwise my diet pre-pregnancy was very healthy, fruits, veggies, yogurt with granola, lean meats, etc etc not a lot of processed carbs..I lost 65+ lbs and was still in the process of losing weight when I ended up pregnant, but I still do a lot of walking (except when this morning sickness hit!) so I'm still on the healthy eating but I do cave here and there..some sweets, potato chips, lots of cereal, everything sounds so good and yet so disgusting at the same time. Sigh. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 PM

not much the past few days duck.gif I'm having to make a conscious effort to eat enough, I've lost a couple of pounds. I just feel SO nauseated and nothing sounds good except apples!  At least I'm starting off with plenty of extra, so maybe losing a few pounds might actually be a good thing.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

Old 05-20-2011, 01:32 PM

I'm feeling glad I ate so much the first two weeks because now I'm feeling a bit nauseous and super picky. I turned up my nose at the blueberries+kefir breakfast that seemed like a good idea last night and then I couldn't stop thinking of an avacado chicken wrap they make at a cafe down town. so i got one and it was heaven (at 10:00!) then by 11:45 I was wishing I'd ordered two and tried to recreate it at home with scrambled eggs but it wasn't the same, plus we don;t have a grill. Now I am already dreaming of one for dinner ...with pineapple! I was not half so hungry with dd1 but I cna so feel the difference with nursing her and being pregnant. Unfortunately it's making our meal planning and grocery budget difficult, we just got tons of food and I don;t want it!

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockels View Post

What healthy women! You inspire me! I am absolutely determined NOT to eat crap this time. I'm one of those carb cravers, and when the nausea hits it's all about buttered noodles. I really need all those better foods listed because I'm starting this pregnancy 15 pounds heavier than my others.

I LIVED on buttered noodles, some fruit, crackers  cheese, and gatorade the first time.  The noodles had to be at night, though...that was usually the one meal I could keep down.  I'm surprised the people at Spaghetti Factory didn't know us by name. ;)  This time I've mostly been wanting cantaloupe and cottage cheese. 

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 05-23-2011, 08:46 AM

Warning:  Don't click on the link if you're feeling nauseous.

How do I know I'm pregnant?  This sounds really good.

(No, I'm not going to try it, but dangit...)

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose_lee View Post

We went primal about a year ago and so I'm going to continue on with that.  Lots of meat, eggs, fruit, veggies.  So basically no grains and no sugar.  I do have my cheats that aren't really "primal", but I feel fine with that: potatoes, popcorn, cheese, raw milk- that sort of thing.   I'm excited that this will be my first pregnancy with no grains or sugar because I've heard some mamas over on the TF  boards say that when they ate that way they had such nice calm babies!

Another Primal momma, cool.  I have been Primal since August 2009.  So far I have been eating too many grains because they were easy and my body wanted carbs.  So, I went with making some rice only Chex Mix to have as a snack to ease my tummy.  Rice isn't as bad as the others, so I felt it was a better compromise than eating the crackers I had been having.  I can't wait for the 2nd trimester so I can get back to my normal diet!

Today my eats are: 2 hard boiled eggs with hot sauce, bacon and strawberries for breakfast.  Chile relleno casserole for lunch with a bell pepper.  Probably crab cakes and steak for dinner.

Meghan~~ Mommy to 4 kiddos with feet and one with a halo.  ribbonpb.gif Our rainbow1284.gif is due January 2012~
Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 AM

I've been trying to switch out a few things for healthier options like instead of coffee with toast/ jelly in the morning, I now make PB toast on WW bread with a big glass of milk. Also instead of snacking on whatever I want I have a yogurt or string cheese. The hardest part for me is not drinking pop, at all. I haven't had any in over a week which is huge for me because I would drink 1 can of Mt Dew a day. I am also just getting over pneumonia and broke down and bought some fudgesicles for my sore throat =) Oh and drinking tons of water which I hate, but I have been doing pretty good.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post

I am also just getting over pneumonia and broke down and bought some fudgesicles for my sore throat =) Oh and drinking tons of water which I hate, but I have been doing pretty good.

Starr! I'm getting over pneumonia too! What a huge drag the past 4 weeks have been. My food weakness was yesterday. They were celebrating my birthday at work and everyone had brought healthy snacks which was great. But then I staring feeling crappy and that brought on feeling sorry for myself so I went I bought a big piece of chocolate cream pie in the cafeteria.

I have been doing well though and got a lot of great ideas from this thread. I've incorporated a lot more veggies, limited snacks to when I'm truly hungry rather than out of habit, and resisted all refined sugar (until yesterday!). I actually lost a pound and have felt better too.

Any other good snack ideas????

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
Old 05-23-2011, 07:10 PM

i've been less hungry so far, but i think that's mostly my nerves because i just found out. with both previous pgs ive craved fruits and veggies, which works out pretty well for me. meats and healthy fats are always hard for me to eat when pg. trying to get into the habit of eating whole fat yogurt for breakfast with honey and avocados, which are two things i've been able to stomach through both my other pgs. let's see, today i ate oatmeal for breakfast, a sunbutter and honey sandwich on whole wheat for lunch, black bean and rice soup for an early dinner (omg, big mistake- SO bloated!), then just had a fish stick (bad bad) and a big glass of milk for a snack. when the ms hits i'm typically sick in the morning and evening, so i'll probably be packing my food to work with me and eating there- i'll be looking for good packed lunch ideas for sure!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

My appetite has gone way down and my healthy eating has been thrown out the window! Blech!

Now what I can eat, is what I eat. I cannot wait for the next 4 weeks to pass so I can start back cooking my family and myself healthy foods. I can't even cook without gagging and needing to puke. :( Fresh fruit makes me gag so badly, especially when it starts getting overripe. I really dislike morning (all day) sickness. 

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 05-27-2011, 04:53 PM

K ladies is it normal to feel THIS hungry? I basically eat every hour..like breakfast I'll have a nutrigrain bar..then trail mix..then a piece of fruit..then veggies and a sandwich usually for lunch..then I'll have a fruit roll up an hour or so later..then fruit again..then fruit again..then some kind of carb/dairy..then dinner..it seems like I'm hungry constantly..is that ok?  Like I had an apple at 6 pm today and it's not even 7 and I feel STARVED! WTH?

Old 05-27-2011, 08:15 PM

that's normal for me when i get into the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. haven't been starved in the 1st yet, but i'm sure others are! it's a lot of work for your body to do.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We had company yesterday and I figured baked potatoes would be good for the pregnant and non-pregnant-- everyone could top them as desired.  They ended up being SO good that I have more baking in the oven right now!!  (And our non-pregnant guests both had seconds.)

Today's pregnancy creation that sounds good anyway: cottage cheese topped with strawberries and a little bit of nutmeg.

My appetite has been very constant and lower than normal (due to a lack of most foods "sounding" good).  My nausea is keeping me in check.  I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any yet either, so I guess my body is in balance.

--Dana

Old 05-27-2011, 11:32 PM

Broccoli, sweet potatoes and honey roasted chicken tonight

Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 AM

Kaitlyn, your hunger may be from a lack of protein!  Try getting some more if you can and see if it helps, if it doesn't then you may need more fat too.

Meghan~~ Mommy to 4 kiddos with feet and one with a halo.  ribbonpb.gif Our rainbow1284.gif is due January 2012~
Old 05-28-2011, 06:26 AM

Thanks for that, ablepearl! I just feel like I'm eating like a cow..and eating all the time! Usually my biggest 'dose' of protein is at dinner..I try to keep it pretty lean during the day...but eat often. Looking at my 'menu' makes sense since the only thing that had any real source of protein in it was the trail mix, and some in the cereal. Prior to the pregnancy, I had more dairy in my diet (no fat yogurt, smoothies, and cottage cheese) now ALL those are just so unappealing..which is really upsetting because low fat cottage cheese is an awesome source of protein. *sigh* I'm hoping that 'aversion' goes away quickly..I have tons of it in my fridge 

Old 05-30-2011, 01:44 PM

My new method of eating is to go through every healthy food that I can think of in my mind and whatever doesn't make me gag just thinking about it, that's what I eat.  I've been eating things like cheese and crackers, breakfast burritos, cottage cheese with fruit, and veggie burgers.  I do have to say that I have been having some serious cravings (which I never had with my other 2) so I have eaten things like soft pretzels with nacho cheese, corn dogs, Taco Bell bean burritos, redvines, and cookies.  I am trying to limit these things to just when I can't live without them.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
Old 05-30-2011, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I don't eat much. I am only a touch over 6 weeks, but have been so sick that I have lost 3lbs already. I gave up sugar last summer and really haven't had much for carbs over the past year, but that is adjusting now as the only thing that sounds good is kettle chips or spicy doritoes. I am trying to make wise choices and eat what I can and when I can. This morning I had leftover shrimp pad thai and chicken satay (which was awesome, but made me sick), for lunch I had some cheddar cheese and cherries, and dinner will be lobster tail and a stuffed portabella mushroom. I am totally lacking on vegetables and falling behind in protein right now, but sometimes you just have to try to survive.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

K ladies is it normal to feel THIS hungry? I basically eat every hour..like breakfast I'll have a nutrigrain bar..then trail mix..then a piece of fruit..then veggies and a sandwich usually for lunch..then I'll have a fruit roll up an hour or so later..then fruit again..then fruit again..then some kind of carb/dairy..then dinner..it seems like I'm hungry constantly..is that ok?  Like I had an apple at 6 pm today and it's not even 7 and I feel STARVED! WTH?

This has definitely been me.  I've NEVER been like this in the first trimester, but I am constantly hungry.  Then sometimes, my stomach is obviously full, but my mouth is salivating and craving for food to be in it.  I've been trying to not eat any huge meals, and just graze all day, but by the time I get to dinner, I end up having seconds, and thirds, and then immediately wanting dessert...

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 AM

Loaded baked potato soup and cherries have been my staple today.

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
Old 05-31-2011, 04:40 PM

6w4d. The nausea came for like a ninja in the night a few days ago :(. No vomiting, but my eating habits have changed drastically. I'm unable to cook, so DH makes a hot dinner for himself and DS. I've been drinking a cane sugar/natural flavors ginger ale and eating homemade fruit puree/juice popsicles. And Ritz crackers with a piece of cheese. Bits and pieces of my normal diet appeal to me and I try to get a full-day's nutrition.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 PM

Breakfast - quiche or 2 egg omelet with muenster cheese

Snack - lowfat/nonfat yogurt with vegan protein powder (!)

Lunch - romaine salad with carrots and tomatoes (TY to DH for making this or I wouldn't be eating them any more!)

Snack - kettle chips and/or chocolate and/or nuts and/or whatever is around and looks good; pregnancy tea mix

Dinner - tonight: potato salad, white pizza with broccoli and garlic. Other nights: tacos, pasta, grass fed beef, chicken, chili or other soup, takeout thai/indian/(cooked) sushi, etc.

I've been craving kettle chips and sometimes milk chocolate (I usually prefer dark). And fresh blueberries! The 3 of us went through 3 pounds one day recently! Oh, yeah, and soft serve ice cream. Surprisingly, NOT peanut butter. And things I can't eat (I don't eat gluten) like "real" bagels and takeout pizza. And grain/sugar carbs in general, which I try to limit. I made some potato salad this weekend and that is awesome, I had some for breakfast and dinner today!

I don't get a lot of morning sickness, mostly slight nausea sometimes, and an unfortunate aversion to vegetables! I do get HUNGRY sometimes, though! Other days I don't want to eat anything.

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM

I'm craving fruit. Cherries, apples, raspberries, blackberries. I'm also craving avocados and guacamole.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM

I hear you on the fruit!  I'm craving orange juice and grapes!  And Caesar Salad.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

Old 06-02-2011, 08:39 PM

MMmm berries, any kind of berries.  No vegetables here either, I managed to eat a salad tonight, but that's the green I've had in 3 days!  I usually love veggies this is so strange for me...

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
Old 06-03-2011, 02:39 PM

kashi go lean crunch cereal

popcorn

smoothies with greens

Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM

I have zero interest in veggies, I keep hoping this changes. Fruit is yummy, esp. now that berry season is here.

I am a carb junkie - cereal, pasta, crackers, etc.

Protein wise - cheese, hummus, yogurt (can't get enough plain) and chicken.

I have very little taste for sweets, the most I can handle is rice pudding or a lemon popsicle. No interest in chocolate, now that is just ODD.

Mama to AJS - 22, CRS -17 and forever in my heart GHAB 8/5/11/(18 weeks) angel2.gif

User Tag List