What are you eating? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't stop eating... yummy.gif

I had granola with chia seeds this morning and then 2 hours later and huge green monster smoothie.

And I am ready for lunch and it's only 10:30 here. This is new to me because in my previous pregnancies, I had no appetite and desire to even look at food. 

What's on your menu??

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#2 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm super hungry, too.

I've been eating protein. Eggs, Greek yogurt, nuts, beans, chicken and fruit. I have no sweet tooth, which is unusual for me. I keep wondering when I am going to get nausea.

I also stopped drinking 2 cups of green tea a day as I heard it interferes with folic acid absorption. This makes me sad, love the stuff.

Mama to AJS - 22, CRS -17 and forever in my heart GHAB 8/5/11/(18 weeks) angel2.gif

#3 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 11:13 AM

I've been eating eggs, cheeses, some meat (chicken mostly), veggies, a fruit and greek yogurt smoothie every day.  also greasy salty things like popcorn and tater tots.  really just trying to stay on top of the protein and fruit/veg, because given the opportunity I would eat nothing but carbs and I know that will just make me feel worse.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#4 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 PM

Normal stuff for me:  eggs, granola, yoghurt.  Tonight I had a taco salad.....tummy wasn't liking that.  Will try toast.  Really missing my lattés and coffee :(

**2**4**3rdtri.gif**8**10**12**14**16**18**20**22**24**26**28**30**32**34**36**38**40homebirth.jpg
SAHstepM to C faint.gif and N blahblah.gif
#5 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 PM

I don't give up coffee when I am pg, just limit it to one cup a day (which is all I mostly drink regularly).

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM

Wow, didn't know about green tea! I have been drinking it everyday to replace my morning cup of coffee. Thanks for the heads up, will be finding another replacement!
#7 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

We went primal about a year ago and so I'm going to continue on with that.  Lots of meat, eggs, fruit, veggies.  So basically no grains and no sugar.  I do have my cheats that aren't really "primal", but I feel fine with that: potatoes, popcorn, cheese, raw milk- that sort of thing.   I'm excited that this will be my first pregnancy with no grains or sugar because I've heard some mamas over on the TF  boards say that when they ate that way they had such nice calm babies!

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#8 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 02:09 PM

I am living on sweet tea, chicken and rice. And salads. Thankfully my seet tooth has pretty much vannished. Didnt know about the green tea, good to know!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#9 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 02:12 PM

I miss green tea too. I gave up my coffee habit too, but only because of a bet with DH. ;) I drank coffee (in moderation) during my last pregnancy; mw warned of potential for low birth weight. He was certainly not tiny. I will continue drinking coffee in moderation after this bet. 

Otherwise there's been a lot of greek yogurt, grilled meats, salad. Pretty much normal except no raw fish :( I will dream of spicy ahi for the next 9 months.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#10 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 03:59 PM

greek yogurt w/ chia seeds and raw honey, green smoothies w/ whey protein, handfuls of nuts, oatmeal w/ honey, lots of eggs w/ cheese, tortilla chips and salsa, turkey jerky, taco salad, chicken, cheese, apples w/ sunbutter, veggies w/ hummus, and..... meatballs w/ sauce and parm cheese for dinner tonight (with some garlic bread--I couldn't resist). I am trying so hard to stay away from processed grains. Last week was an all carbs week---I just needed it for some reason and so I went with it but have since lost the intensity of the craving (thank goodness because my digestive system was messed up!). 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#11 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 04:14 PM

Cucumber sandwiches :D multigrain oat bread spread with garlic & herb chevre and thin slices of cucumbers. yummm....

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#12 of 59 Old 05-03-2011, 07:39 PM

Pretty much what I usually do, though I've tried to replace my lunch with a big salad while I can still stomach the greens.  Last pregnancy, anything but carbs and fruit made me sick for at least the first 20 weeks.  I also gained 50 lbs, which was probably related to my cruddy diet.  I'm hoping to do a bit better this time.  So... Lots of yogurt, veggies, some fruit, homemade mac 'n' cheese when I need comfort food...  I'm still drinking raw dairy, too.  I gave up soda, though I did cave and have a Dr. Pepper the other day.  Decaf coffee.  I can't wait til we have fruit at the farmer's market again!!

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#13 of 59 Old 05-06-2011, 06:24 PM

I was wondering about coffee--from what I've been reading I'm even nervous to drink decaf so it's good to hear that in moderation it's okay.

#14 of 59 Old 05-07-2011, 05:02 AM

you will find sources telling you many different things about food/drug/alcohol safety during pregnancy.  ultimately it is going to come down to a personal comfort level.  some women avoid every potential "bad" food, don't even take tylenol, not a sip of caffeine or alcohol.  others are okay with things in moderation.  I was reading a thread on here last week about the UK's recommendations for what foods etc to avoid during pregnancy and there they recommend limiting alcohol to no more than 1-2 drinks once or twice a week, whereas in the US it's pretty frowned upon to have even a sip unless you're at the end of pregnancy having "half a glass" to try and relax prodromal labor.

#15 of 59 Old 05-07-2011, 11:13 AM

I've been starving lately.  I'm eating tons of veggies, grains and beans/tofu and really cut way back on caffeine (twice this week compared to near-constantly pre-pregnancy.)  I'm drinking water and lemon tulsi instead of pounding iced green tea all day.  So far sticking with veganism hasn't been hard at all though I've had brief fantasies about eating cheese.  We'll see if I stay vegan through my pregnancy.  I'm hoping to, but other vegans have told me they found it quite difficult. 

#16 of 59 Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm eating everything in sight! :-P 

I've been really into green smoothies. Sadly I can't have nuts this time around (they were one of my favorites last time!) because we found out DD is allergic and she still nurses. I have a hankering for tomato soup, so I'm making some for dinner tonight. 

I also quit drinking caffeine. I was already working my way down during TTC, but now I'm done. It's hard, but I'm sticking with it. Hopefully I can work on my sweet tooth too. I've been REALLY wanting to go to the store and buy some poptarts for like 3 days now. I don't even know where that comes from. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#17 of 59 Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Hopefully I can work on my sweet tooth too. I've been REALLY wanting to go to the store and buy some poptarts for like 3 days now. I don't even know where that comes from. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I haven't eaten a Poptart since I was in high school, but I was thinking about getting them the other day.  I managed to contain myself, though, since there are some really nasty chemicals in them... 

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#18 of 59 Old 05-09-2011, 05:34 PM

Mmmmm.  Food!  I love to eat! eat.gif I'm trying to be really good because I just lost 45+lbs and would like to keep it off.  But man, am I HUNGRY.

My favorites right now; toast with avocado, channa masala, cauliflower & hummus, watermelon agua fresca, and anything with black beans.  Oh and fruit.  And yogurt with fruit and honey.

And chocolate. 

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#19 of 59 Old 05-11-2011, 05:52 PM

I'm eating tons of proteins and fats...perogies, homemade goat milk kefir, fish, chicken, eggs, and ham and bacon (good free range stuff), goat cheese...and loving asparagus and blueberries... I'm finding I'm sooo hungry, maybe because this is #2 and I'm still nursing my 15 mo a lot. Also, i get crazy blood sugar dips already and super hungry if I don;t eat every 2 hours or so, this is what tipped me off to take a test! Last time i was pretty hungry before the nausea hit at 6-7 weeks and I tried not to eat "too much" and ended up hardly eating for weeks and barfing tons,this time I wised up and I'm eating exactly what i'm hungry for when I want it as long as it's healthy!

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#20 of 59 Old 05-11-2011, 10:09 PM

I have no desire to eat anything. I especially don't want sweets- which is very unusual for me. Mostly right now the only thing I can stand is quesidias and rice krispy treats.

#21 of 59 Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 PM

I am incredibly hungry but have no desire to eat anything at all. I'm starting to feel a lot of nausea, I don't remember nausea this early with my first two.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

#22 of 59 Old 05-12-2011, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Sooooo hungry!   Greek yogurt, museli, chicken, salmon, eggs, spinach, lots of tomatoes, more yogurt.  Nothing sweet at all.  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#23 of 59 Old 05-12-2011, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Oh, and my healthy diet will totally fall apart soon since I can feel the nausea creeping in.  Soon, I will be lying on the floor begging for cheap popsicles.  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#24 of 59 Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 AM

My normal diet...vegetarian with lots of raw foods. I'm trying to concentrate on high folic acid foods right now. I just found out I was pregnant a few days ago, so it's a bit early for me(personally) to have any cravings/adversions yet.

#25 of 59 Old 05-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Wow y'all.  I'm impressed.  I opened the fridge this morning to make breakfast, and just couldn't do it.  I ended up eating a chocolate bar to tame the nausea.  I think I should get some cereal or something quick and easy that doesn't make me want to gag but also isn't horrible for me.  Also, cooking has pretty much gone out the window already.  Yesterday, we went out for organic burgers for lunch and then Chinese food for dinner.  DP is in hog heaven (pun intended).  We normally eat so healthy.  DP is making me some eggs now that he's awake. =)

#26 of 59 Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 AM

I follow an Ayurvedic diet

So far this week I have been eating vermicelli cooked in milk w raisins and spices.

Also, eating kitchadi w vegetable and sunflower butter

Lots of spiced milk

Also eating fruit.

And wheat ladoos!

And had some eggs on chapati w aspragus and avocado w hemp oil one day for lunch

Unsure what else exactly Im going to add just yet.

I love being pregnant! Cant wait until my 4th month butter feast :)

#27 of 59 Old 05-17-2011, 04:19 AM

Loving blueberries right now and eating lots of brown rice and homemade black beans.  I am sooo hungry, 30 minutes after I eat, I feel like I have not eating in DAYS. The only thing that calms me down is lots of raw milk. I was literally scarfing pizza last night and my stomach was still growling.

#28 of 59 Old 05-17-2011, 06:32 AM

I've been craving eggs and burnt toast like crazy! I try to limit to 2 eggs a day though. Other than that it's lots grains, nuts, fruits, yogurt, and whole grain pasta. All vegetarian and trying to be as healthy as possible. I cut out the frozen bean burritos and coffee....sigh...

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#29 of 59 Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 AM

I woke up at 6:30 on Sunday morning so hungry it was painful. I got up, ate two bowls of cereal, a waffle with almond butter and a banana. I could have eaten more but I went back to sleep instead. This hungry all the time sure is making me a bit crazy. It's worse in the morning, for sure.

Also, been eating fruit but no taste for kale, chard, etc. Need to work on that....

Mama to AJS - 22, CRS -17 and forever in my heart GHAB 8/5/11/(18 weeks) angel2.gif

#30 of 59 Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 AM

I am so grossly nauseous right now (started Saturday) and the thought of food makes my stomach very unhappy.  I feel totally ripped off because my mom never got "morning sickness" (mine is evening sickness mostly), and so I assumed I wouldn't get it either.  Blah.  The only things I want to eat are navel oranges, mangoes, grapes, and pineapples.  But I can't find organic grapes (and they are on the Dirty Dozen) and all the pineapples in the stores are unripe!  So it's just mangoes and oranges.  And the occasional bowl of miso broth with seaweed.  Sigh.  I want a beautiful fresh ginormous bowl of salad, but when my fiance' makes it, I take one look at it and run into the other room.  I hope this goes away soon... 

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page