Pregnancy After Loss (PAL) January 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 05-09-2011, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all: I'm starting a thread or those of us who are pregnant after a loss. I'm 5 weeks pregnant after a blighted ovum loss at 8w2d in March of this year. This is a tough place to be in and I'm hoping there are others who are willing to talk.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#2 of 41 Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Thanks for starting this thread! I need it. 

I have PCOS and RPL(recurrent pregnancy loss), so I'm a bit jaded about the early part of pregnancy.  But I'm feeling just SO hopeful this time.  Which, of course, is hard. 

I'm sorry about your loss.  It's such a terrible thing to struggle with.  And it really is unfair how it steals the joy of expecting.

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#3 of 41 Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 PM

Thanks for this thread. =)

I'm 5w6d today.  We conceived on the first cycle after a m/c - we just lost a baby 3/13/11 at exactly 8 weeks.  DIdn't have a period before conceiving.  Which is great bc it meant we didn't have to wait to get pregnant and are so lucky to have conceived again so fast, but it also seems less real for some reason... in the beginning after my bfp, I kept waiting for a 'period' to start.  I'm feeling a bit more hopeful now and starting to feel a bit excited, but we're still not telling, til after our sono which we'll have around 8 wks.

We were so psyched when we found out about the last preg, and then lost it, this time we're afraid to be excited and lose the baby again (not that the two are related, just that it's hard to be so up and then so down.)  I'm sure you guys can relate.

The plan for now is to have a beta hcg done once a week til the sono, just to know if things are going well.  That way, I can either feel good for another week that all is ok so far, or I will know quickly that things are going downhill. 

I hope we all stay in this ddc to the end!

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#4 of 41 Old 05-09-2011, 10:30 PM

I'm hesitantly here (in the due date club forum). I had a miscarriage around 9 weeks the weekend before Thanksgiving in 2009. The weekend after Thanksgiving, less than 6 months ago, our son was stillborn just 8 weeks before he would have been full term. He died from a freak accident with a very twisted umbilical cord that caused a large blood clot at the base of the cord, at his belly button. It was the saddest, most horrible tragedy my husband and I have had to go through and I pray to God we never have to again. After my first miscarriage I felt like I was in the "safe zone" once I got past the first trimester. Unfortunately, I will never feel safe again. After our son died, I heard mom after mom, relative after relative, friend after friend, and stranger after stranger, tell me their sad, sad stories of their children dieing from the most unexplainable, and/or most "by chance" accidents. It's terrifying to say the least. I am not really feeling any symptoms with this baby, yet, and based on my last experiences, I've learned to be grateful for every moment I'm pregnant, and to not let stupid things, like the inconveniences of pregnancy, get me down, but also not to expect a "happy ending".

Milly, stumbling horribly on God's path, married to my amazing Superhero, and mama to my 3 awesome boys, and my amazing rainbow baby girl!  Missing our Little One, lost 11/09, and our son, stillborn 11/10

#5 of 41 Old 05-10-2011, 07:30 AM

Hi all,

I'm 5 weeks today, after two years of infertility treatments and one early miscarriage.  I am, as all of you are, torn between wanting to be joyful and excited about this pregnancy and terrified of when and how its going to end.  Its really difficult to cope with this kind of news after infertility and loss... I feel like I'm forever waiting for the next safety milestone, but I'd rather try to enjoy this pregnancy while it lasts.  Its like being pulled in two directions, no?

#6 of 41 Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 PM

I'm 5w4d along after a 9w miscarriage in early March. I feel so sick and pregnant (and I haven't spotted a single drop) this time around that I'm confident we will have a baby in arms this winter. I'm staying positive. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#7 of 41 Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad there's a few of us on this board. Thanks to those who posted. It's very hard to remain positive. I find myself more emotionally detached this time around which is normal (as far as I understand) but it's disappointing.

Are any of you opting to do anything different this time? I opted not to have any HCG testing. Last time it totally stressed me out and it didn't matter a whole lot in the end because my HCG was in the normal range but I had a blighted ovum anyway.

We are doing our first u/s at 7 weeks in the hopes that it's long enough not to have any doubt if they weren't to find a heartbeat. But to think of waiting another two weeks if just killing me. In some ways I'm more chill (and jaded this time) and in others I'm not.

I also  don't feel pregnant much --- again. Which has me worried. Anyone else feeling that way? Only one of you piped in to say that you're feeling a lot different this time so you feel more optimistic. Wish I could feel that way.

Krista

#8 of 41 Old 05-10-2011, 04:55 PM

Same here! We tested HCG a lot last time because of on and off spotting. I also had 2 ultrasounds--one too early and the other when my miscarriage was underway. I was put on progesterone suppositories---I'm convinced it made my pregnancy last as long as it did (9w). It seems my body was trying to let it go. I never felt pregnant...I knew something was wrong but since it continued, I thought---maybe it's a boy and that's why I feel different. I want to say I'm less attached this time but I'm having daily dreams of nursing a baby boy-----I'm getting attached. I feel him around me...I didn't feel anyone last time (I did with all my 3 girls in the past). That all said, I'm going with the flow and just trusting there is a plan. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgulbransen View Post

Are any of you opting to do anything different this time? I opted not to have any HCG testing. Last time it totally stressed me out and it didn't matter a whole lot in the end because my HCG was in the normal range but I had a blighted ovum anyway.

#9 of 41 Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 AM

Well, we didn't do anything, no betas, no early sonos, last time - until the spotting started.  Then I had a sono that showed no heartbeat and a smaller than expected baby, and then we did betas to confirm what was going on and to make sure it was complete.

This time, the plan was weekly betas from 4-7 weeks, then a sono at 8 weeks to see the heartbeat.  But the lab keeps saying they need new orders and their fax is often not working, so I've only had 2 betas, at 4.5 and 6 wks.  The first was 1300 and the second (yesterday) was 44,000, so that means it's been doubling as it should every couple of days.  That makes me feel better. =)  Plus, I have been having some nausea (never had that with DS or the m/c) so that is a good sign I guess, yucky as it is.

I'm just counting the days til I can get the sono in 2 weeks.  I'm tempted to do it at 7 wks, but since I wasn't charting religiously I want to wait to make sure that if we don't see the HB, it's not just bc it's too early.  *sigh*  It just seems so far away, 2 more weeks....

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#10 of 41 Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 PM

I hope it's ok if I post here... I posted on the pg after loss board as well.  I have a 10 year old DD, from my first marriage, no problems conceiving her or with that pg.  DH and I had some known fertility issues, TTC for a while (starting in earnest in June 2007) and quickly sought out an RE.  After a few IUIs, IVF was recommended as our best shot.  We decided to pursue adoption instead.  Shortly after our homestudy was complete, I had a surprise pregnancy which ended in an early miscarriage...that was in July 2008.  Then I became pregnant AGAIN which resulted in the stillbirth of our son Stephen Ali, due to cord accident at 40 weeks.  We threw ourselves back into the adoption process, and were quickly matched with an expectant mom...our twins were born at 34 weeks in Jan 2010, and we brought them home after a 2.5 week NICU stay.

Now here I am.  We never really "gave up" ttc, although it was on hold for a bit.  Once the twins turned one, and I turned 36, I decided to give it another shot.  I read online that soy isoflavones mimic Clomid, so I tried it this month (kind of stupid, I know but I figured it couldn't hurt).  On Mother's Day, I couldn't finish my breakfast and got an ever so faint shadow of a line on a dollar tree test.  The next day, I got a strong line on a FRER.  I had my hcg drawn yesterday (13-14 dpo I think.  My lmp was 4/10) and it was 127.  The nurse said the number is low and I'm repeating tomorrow.  

I was feeling rather optimistic (for one whole day!) and now I feel all doom and gloom.  I know I just have to wait till tomorrow, but I also know that if this pregnancy continues I'm going to be wreck.  My boobs hurt, I feel queasy...these are the strongest pg symptoms I've ever had so early on.  I'm wondering if it isn't all in my head, since the hcg was so low...

Thanks for letting me ramble a bit.  

Leah mom to Delilah 9/00, angel Stephen lost 5/25/09 at 40 weeks, and twins Gus and Cash 1/10

Expecting a miracle January 2012

#11 of 41 Old 05-11-2011, 08:26 PM

I'm 5w1day and feeling pretty anxious about it all. I've had one successful pregnancy and two miscarriages. My last miscarriage really shook me because  we had an 8 week ultrasound where the RE told me it looked like a "take home baby" to him. Right now I am having a hard time trusting my body. In one moment I think I have pregnancy symptoms and in another I'm convinced that they are all gone again. I have been having spotting - mostly at around 4 weeks but it was enough to make me think it was all over. I've been having regular betas and they are rising but the last two have shown that it is slowing a bit. From what I have read a slowing beta is normal after hitting 5000 but still I'm a bit freaked. I have to wait until 8 weeks for an ultrasound and it feels like it will never get here. Oh the worry. I worry that this baby won't stick and then I worry that if it does it will have been bathed in my worry hormones for it's whole beginning. Worry, worry, worry. 

Glad to see other folks here. 

#12 of 41 Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Shoelace: I know exactly how you feel! I'm feeling the same way and I've had just one loss (very recently). Every day is a struggle. I reached out to my doctor last night because I was just crying and so anxious about getting to the 7 week ultrasound but convinced my lack of symptoms mean the same thing as last time -- not a viable pregnancy. He actually recommended I go talk to the hospital's social worker that works with fertility clinic patients which I think is a good idea. I think it's good to find people that can understand your exact anxiety and talk you through it with some recommendations to make it better. You can also post here as often as you like. Sometimes just speaking the anxiety lessens it a bit.

Hugs,

Krista

#13 of 41 Old 05-12-2011, 03:51 PM

Hi all!  It IS exciting we are all here again, huh?

I have a beautiful 3 year old little boy and we were expecting out second at the beginning of this past April.  Unfortunately, I lost the baby in October.  I was 15 weeks but the baby only made it to 12.  I opted for a natural miscarriage at home... it was rough, but healing.  It was such a shock as my pregnancy with my son had been so trouble free.  I didn't have any sort of testing or ultrasounds with either pregnancy prior to discovering the loss... we knew because my midwife couldn't find the heartbeat.  So ultrasound did confirm that the baby was gone.  It was horrible to say the least... as each of you unfortunately know.  We tried again right away and had no luck up until I passed the due date of the baby I lost.  It feels right, I think... as if my body was following through with the pregnancy or saving the space.  Then, the first cycle after the due date.. I got pregnant.  Now, sadly, I just sort of feel nothing.. It's as if I have this other mind that is excited and hopeful and wants to plan but it's trapped.  I'm not even really scared of losing this baby as well.  I feel very mechanical and I don't like it.  I remember feeling guilty after I lost the baby about the fact that I was unsettled about a new little one coming into our family because of the adjustments my son would have to face.  I felt guilty because I feel like I spent the short time I had with our second child worrying about his brother and not appreciating his existence.  Now I feel like I don't want to spend all my time worrying about losing this child and not appreciate his/her existence.... does that make sense?  It's much harder than I thought it would be.  I just want to be happy.

#14 of 41 Old 05-12-2011, 08:48 PM

Krista that is great advice -- talking to people who know where you're at is really important. I went for accupunture this afternoon and it has really helped me calm down. Phew! One day at a time... 

#15 of 41 Old 05-15-2011, 06:46 AM

I had an early loss (blighted ovum) before the birth of my son.  I was very optimistic this time around, since I'd only had the one m/c, and a healthy baby conceived 3 months later.  My midwife said she has no plans for an early ultrasound this time around, since I don't have a history of loss.  But now...  My morning sickness has disappeared.  I'm 7 weeks today, and with DS, I was sick until about 18 or 20 weeks.  With the m/c I was incredibly nauseous, but then it suddenly stopped.  The baby stopped developing at 5-ish weeks, but I didn't miscarry until 10 weeks.

I've literally gone from throwing up to feeling fine.  I'm not even that tired anymore.  I had a BH contraction this morning, which I thought was really strange.  And now I'm terrified.  mecry.gif

(x-posted in PAL)

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#16 of 41 Old 05-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 7 weeks pregnant today and only now have the courage to join the boards.  I had an early miscarriage in February and was surprised by how emotional the experience was.  I'm also surprised and saddened by how it affects my emotions this pregnancy.  While my m/s is awful, I'm rejoicing in it because it gives me hope, but I'm reluctant to get too excited.  In spite of my hopefulness/excitement for this time, at first I was just plain sad because it reminded me of our loss last time.  I did freak out one day when my m/s disappeared and got a 5-week hcg, which was exactly where it was expected, so I didn't go back for another.  I have my nurse's appointment this week, and hopefully I'll get an early sonogram appointment, but I still find myself looking forward to the little landmarks (seven weeks!  first appointment!) instead of a baby. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses as well.  I think it's unfortunate in our society that it's not talked about more.  I wasn't secretive about our last pregnancy, so people knew about the m/c, and it's surprising how many stories of loss surface in that situation.  While it's sad, it's good and healing to be around people who identify.

This time, while we're not necessarily waiting to tell people, we're not bubbling over with excitement like we have in the past.  We're still telling (some) people as we see them, but an a hopeful yet reluctant way. 

--Dana

#17 of 41 Old 05-15-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post

I had an early loss (blighted ovum) before the birth of my son.  I was very optimistic this time around, since I'd only had the one m/c, and a healthy baby conceived 3 months later.  My midwife said she has no plans for an early ultrasound this time around, since I don't have a history of loss.  But now...  My morning sickness has disappeared.  I'm 7 weeks today, and with DS, I was sick until about 18 or 20 weeks.  With the m/c I was incredibly nauseous, but then it suddenly stopped.  The baby stopped developing at 5-ish weeks, but I didn't miscarry until 10 weeks.

I've literally gone from throwing up to feeling fine.  I'm not even that tired anymore.  I had a BH contraction this morning, which I thought was really strange.  And now I'm terrified.  mecry.gif

(x-posted in PAL)

((hugs))  I hope all is fine and you are simply being spared more morning sickness!  I'm sure it stops for some people quite suddenly.  I've also heard of people feeling BH super early with the 2nd preg. 

When I had my loss in March, it started with really light spotting, but I still called that day and got a sono the next day and a beta hcg done, bc for me, it was better to know right away good or bad, rather than wait and see.  Even tho you had no plans for an early sono, perhaps it would help to have one, and know what's going on?  Or do 2 beta hcgs 2 days apart and see which way it goes.  For me, just a call to the MW helped me calm down a bit initially, to be able to talk it out and make a plan instead of worrying on my own.

Keep us posted.  You'll be in my prayers.

#18 of 41 Old 05-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Oh my heavens, here we go again!

I was so happy to log on and find this thread. It is a wonderful feeling to have you women walking down the same road. I know that miscarriage and loss is common, but I seem to be the only one of my friends to go through it. Reading all your responses just now was so familiar and comforting. Thank you Krista for starting this thread!

My story...First pregnancy normal, healthy baby girl at term. Then a complete surprise loss at 11 weeks with pregnancy #2. That loss hit me super hard and I also couldn't conceive until after the due date for that baby had passed. I had a 5 week loss with pregnancy #3 and then healthy term baby boy in September 08. When we decided to go for baby 3 I guess I sort of thought "I've had my share of sadness, this is going to work," but I guess not. Ultrasounds showed only a sac, no baby. What was sooooooo unfair was that my hcg levels were super high and I had debilitating nausea. The whole time my friends kept saying "your nausea is so bad this baby is doing great." I tried to miscarry at home but it didn't work so I had a D&C in feb this year.  

Now a positive pregnancy test today and I feel......a little empty, very very scared, and way way underneath it all there's happiness. I have no desire to rush out and get HCG's done because they meant nothing last time. I will for sure ask for an early ultrasound to check for a heart beat.

Thank you for reading and I am sincerely hoping we all keep these pregnancies! I have dropped out of 3 due date clubs in the past and don't want this to be the 4th.

~Sandra

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#19 of 41 Old 05-15-2011, 04:00 PM

I had a 24 week stillbirth in May 2009.  We are cautiously optimistic this time around.  Last time I just never felt right about it from the beginning.  I didn't expect to find a HB at 15 weeks, and when we did I was very, very surprised.  I didn't expect to see a living baby when I went for hte 20 wk ultrasound, yet there he was kicking and pumping his fist.  Then I stopped feeling him move a few weeks later and at a routine appointment the day before I hit 24 weeks there was no HB.  I had my hubby come with me, normally he didn't come to routine appts, but I knew I would need him. They sent us to get an US to confirm and of course it showed our very still little boy just floating there with his hand in the same 'fist pump' position.

I knew from teh beginning that wasn't right, and mentioned it a few times in my DDC.  After I got past all those milestones though, I figured maybe my intuition was wrong.   I had spent a lot of time during my 4th and 5th pregnancy reading about stillborn babies, looking at their pictures and stuff...knowing I would be posting some of my own some day.  Is that strange?  I have never worried about miscarriage, but knew deep down inside I would have a stillbirth.

THis time I don't have all those feelings.  So maybe that is a good sign.

I am not sure how much I believe in coincidence but, I found out the Tuesday after Mother's Day 2009 that he was gone and he was born the next morning.  I found out I was pregnant this time the Wednesday after Mother's Day.  I tested again on the 13th, his remembrance day, and gave my hubby the pee stick while it developed, so he could tell me if it was BFP or not.  He thinks he knew first, which makes him happy ;)  Not only that, but the baby is due on hubby's birthday.  So just interesting.

Yes, I still worry, I suppose i will worry even more as 20 weeks approaches.  But, I really don't have any negative thoughts this time.

Meghan~~ Mommy to 4 kiddos with feet and one with a halo.  ribbonpb.gif Our rainbow1284.gif is due January 2012~
#20 of 41 Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM

Ablepearl - Sorry to hear about your previous loss.  It does sound like you have several good 'signs' this time around, especially not having negative feelings about the pregnancy.  I hope all ends well for you. 

AFM - I just called today to schedule my sono and my first prenatal appt.  The sono is next Tuesday, I'll be exactly 8 wks.  It feels really far away still, but we felt like it was best to wait til 8 wks in case our dates aren't exactly right.  I'm feeling excited about the sono and I think all is well, esp bc I have nausea this preg, for the first time.  But we're not telling til after the sono.  Then I have the first prenatal appt at 11 wks just for the bloodwork and to hear the HB.  It's nice to have dates to look forward to...

#21 of 41 Old 05-16-2011, 12:07 PM

As I said earlier, I have dealt with the tragedy of losing one baby through an early miscarriage, and also the death of our beautiful son, stillborn from a cord accident. While the miscarriage was so sad and such a heartbreaking event, holding our son's beautiful but lifeless body in the hospital, because of a freak accident with his cord, was tragedy and horror I never want to go through again. If I lose this baby, I hope it's soon. I wouldn't take back the experience my husband and I had with our precious son who died last year, but I also would never want to go through it again, given the choice (obviously). I had really bad cramping Friday night after our first ob visit. I thought, for sure, that it was done and I would miscarry this past weekend. But the next day I had really strong nausea, no cramping, and I've been really nauseous since. First u/s is scheduled for next Friday, when I'll be about 7.5 weeks along. I am still just trying to be grateful for every moment I'm pregnant, but after our son was stillborn so close to term, there are no more "safety milestones" for us anymore. The only thing I'll feel if I make it past the first trimester is that I'm out of the woods for having an early miscarriage. Unfortunately, my experience doesn't allow me the luxury of a sigh of relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonenamedleah View Post

I hope it's ok if I post here... I posted on the pg after loss board as well.  I have a 10 year old DD, from my first marriage, no problems conceiving her or with that pg.  DH and I had some known fertility issues, TTC for a while (starting in earnest in June 2007) and quickly sought out an RE.  After a few IUIs, IVF was recommended as our best shot.  We decided to pursue adoption instead.  Shortly after our homestudy was complete, I had a surprise pregnancy which ended in an early miscarriage...that was in July 2008.  Then I became pregnant AGAIN which resulted in the stillbirth of our son Stephen Ali, due to cord accident at 40 weeks.   

Milly, stumbling horribly on God's path, married to my amazing Superhero, and mama to my 3 awesome boys, and my amazing rainbow baby girl!  Missing our Little One, lost 11/09, and our son, stillborn 11/10

#22 of 41 Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
As I said earlier, I have dealt with the tragedy of losing one baby through an early miscarriage, and also the death of our beautiful son, stillborn from a cord accident. While the miscarriage was so sad and such a heartbreaking event, holding our son's beautiful but lifeless body in the hospital, because of a freak accident with his cord, was tragedy and horror I never want to go through again. If I lose this baby, I hope it's soon. I wouldn't take back the experience my husband and I had with our precious son who died last year, but I also would never want to go through it again, given the choice (obviously). I had really bad cramping Friday night after our first ob visit. I thought, for sure, that it was done and I would miscarry this past weekend. But the next day I had really strong nausea, no cramping, and I've been really nauseous since. First u/s is scheduled for next Friday, when I'll be about 7.5 weeks along. I am still just trying to be grateful for every moment I'm pregnant, but after our son was stillborn so close to term, there are no more "safety milestones" for us anymore. The only thing I'll feel if I make it past the first trimester is that I'm out of the woods for having an early miscarriage. Unfortunately, my experience doesn't allow me the luxury of a sigh of relief.

I know exactly what you mean... I'm feeling "unpregnant" right now, after being pretty nauseous last week. I hope everything is ok, but a part of me is like, "oh well, better to get it over with sooner, rather than later". I am really worried about how I'm going to be able to handle the rest of this pregnancy (however long it may last).

Good luck with your u/s next week. Mine is on the 31st.

Leah mom to Delilah 9/00, angel Stephen lost 5/25/09 at 40 weeks, and twins Gus and Cash 1/10

#23 of 41 Old 05-17-2011, 01:19 PM

Well I scheduled my first ultrasound for June 3rd. I'll be 6 weeks 3 days if I make it that far. I don't see any point in making a normal prenatal appointment before I find out if this is going to stick around or not. I hate this pessimist side of me, but it seems important to protect myself from being too invested. I'm not sure if pretending like I'm not pregnant is the most healthy thing emotionally, but it's keeping me sane right now. These boards are the only place I can admit there's something real about it all.

Leah and Milly I'm sorry for your losses. I hope these little beans stick stick stick!

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#24 of 41 Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Thank you for posting this thread. I was originally in the Jan 12' DDC, however, I had a miscarriage last week at 5 wks, 3 days (blighted ovum). I hope to start trying again very soon once my period comes back. I hope to join this thread soon, good luck ladies:)

#25 of 41 Old 05-19-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle0522 View Post

Thank you for posting this thread. I was originally in the Jan 12' DDC, however, I had a miscarriage last week at 5 wks, 3 days (blighted ovum). I hope to start trying again very soon once my period comes back. I hope to join this thread soon, good luck ladies:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockels View Post

Well I scheduled my first ultrasound for June 3rd. I'll be 6 weeks 3 days if I make it that far. I don't see any point in making a normal prenatal appointment before I find out if this is going to stick around or not. I hate this pessimist side of me, but it seems important to protect myself from being too invested. I'm not sure if pretending like I'm not pregnant is the most healthy thing emotionally, but it's keeping me sane right now. These boards are the only place I can admit there's something real about it all.

Leah and Milly I'm sorry for your losses. I hope these little beans stick stick stick!

Your ultrasound is just a few days after mine... I should be 7 weeks 3 days then by lmp, but I think a little less by O day.  I'm kind of in a bit of denial as well... DH and I don't talk about it at all, and no one else IRL knows.  I say, when it comes to PAL, we do whatever we have to do to stay sane, kwim???

#26 of 41 Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 AM

I just had a ultrasound today (7w4d) that was scheduled last week after some minor spotting. I was worried then but as the date approached (and the spotting stopped), I knew everything was all good and sure enough it was!  We saw our baby! It had a heartbeat of 138 and she gave me a due date of January 5th but I'm just going to stick with the 6th. We have a few pictures...it actually looks human....head, body, arm buds & leg buds. We saw the long cord (so cool), the heart beating (awesome!), the yolk sac and what appears to be only one baby! Yay! I had absolutely no anxiety about the appointment today---so amazing how mother intuition is so clear. With my miscarriage, I just knew I wasn't going to see the baby.

#27 of 41 Old 05-24-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

I just had a ultrasound today (7w4d) that was scheduled last week after some minor spotting. I was worried then but as the date approached (and the spotting stopped), I knew everything was all good and sure enough it was!  We saw our baby! It had a heartbeat of 130 and she gave me a due date of January 5th but I'm just going to stick with the 6th. We have a few pictures...it actually looks human....head, body, arm buds & leg buds. We saw the long cord (so cool), the heart beating (awesome!), the yolk sac and what appears to be only one baby! Yay! I had absolutely no anxiety about the appointment today---so amazing how mother intuition is so clear. With my miscarriage, I just knew I wasn't going to see the baby.

Yay Kindermama!  So happy for you!  =)

AFM, I also had a sono today!  We hadn't had any spotting or anything, just paranoia from the m/c.  I've been nauseas for a few weeks now so I guess that's a good sign anyway.  We just wanted the sono for the reassurance of seeing the HB and confirming dates.
I calculated 8w0d, they told me 8w1d, so that's fine with me either way.  They saw a heartbeat at 173, a clear yolk sac, fetal pole, great placenta forming... they couldn't see baby details (maybe different machine?) but said everything looked really good for this gestational age.  DH and I were so happy and relieved.  =)  Now we feel like we can tell family, so maybe this weekend we will when we see them.

#28 of 41 Old 05-24-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacm View Post

Yay Kindermama!  So happy for you!  =)

Likewise!!! What a relief, right! :) 

#29 of 41 Old 05-24-2011, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Michelle, I'm so sorry!  :(((((  We've all been there and we know how hard it is.  My thoughts are with you.  Take time to grieve.  Good luck TTC again; it happened for us really quickly and I hope it does for you as well!

Yay, Kindermama and mariacm! 

I have a better feeling about this one, as well, and my ultrasound is Thursday at 8w4d. I hope it's good news and I can get more excited about it then.  For now I'm just feeling so sick with a bad cold that won't go away, plus all the early pregnancy symptoms, plus chasing around a very active toddler that won't sleep.  Ugh.   

--Dana

#30 of 41 Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 PM

Hooray Kindermama and mariacm! That's awesome news!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danamichele View Post

I have a better feeling about this one, as well, and my ultrasound is Thursday at 8w4d. I hope it's good news and I can get more excited about it then.  For now I'm just feeling so sick with a bad cold that won't go away, plus all the early pregnancy symptoms, plus chasing around a very active toddler that won't sleep.  Ugh.   

--Dana

How did it go today Dana???

AFM, I'm just incredibly, ridiculously exhausted.  All I can think about is wanting to go back to bed.  Luckily, I've been able to get a nap in the past couple of days!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page