The Official Morning Sickness Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 83 Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today I can't even walk into the kitchen without gagging.  How am I supposed to feed myself and my kidlet when I can't even go into the room to prep food?  mecry.gif

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 83 Old 05-26-2011, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I was doing fine all morning until my trainer decided we were going to study bulbs (aka, the dreaded onion) and cut one in half.  The darned thing sat in the heat of the non-air-conditioned classroom all afternoon, making me gag.  And then we studied flowers all afternoon, so you can imagine the combination of onion and lilies.  The smells were beyond disgusting and I had to put up with them for three hours... GAG, GAG, GAG!  irked.gif  It doesn't help that I'm in a miserable mood...

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#63 of 83 Old 05-27-2011, 02:17 PM

There IS a book - about how to manage MS.  I haven't read it yet, I just heard about it, but it's by Marilyn Shannon, who also wrote Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition, which I love.  Here's a link http://artofnfp.org/2011/03/morning-sickness-is-it-inevitable/  .  HTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna tree View Post

Ugghh!  Today I was sitting in town and looking at all the mamas, wondering if all or most or any went through what I am going through right now.  How did they survive?  I wish there was a book dedicated soley to the ladies in their first trimester having ms.  I don't want to read anything about the 2nd trimester or 3rd trimester yet.  I need to get through THIS trimester.  A book authored by many different ladies and how they triumphed, wondering if they would or could make it through.  The first trimester is also a lonely time for some because we aren't telling many people.  I had to tell some folks at work because I am having a hard time at work being nauseous.  Some of us only have our online "friends" to confide in.  Who wants to be so sick AND alone?  This morning sickness makes me feel so weak, physically, spiritually, and mentally.  I do get by knowing that you ladies are right there with me, feeling sick 24/7.  As I was walking home from town I had to tell myself that I could do it.  Plotting out points in case I had to suddenly throw up because I felt as if I could at any point, but lord knows I didn't want to in public, in the grass or sidewalk or alley.  I didn't want to throw up because I know I need that food in my stomach to actually digest so my baby can get something, anything (even if it was a slice of pizza-hey whatever works sometimes!).  I made it home without puking and found this website.  I can't take my prenatals now because I can't swallow pills.  I bought some MultiVites Adult Gummy Vitamins and man do they taste good!  I want to eat the whole bottle!  Ha!  I actually just texted my bf to bring me some organic gummy bears from the co-op so I can eat those.  I also got disappointed reading this article on ms because I thought ms was supposed to end after 12 weeks and this article said 14 weeks.  2 more weeks LATER than I was counting on???  WHY???  Why, god, why?  Just kidding.  Had to get overly dramatic for a minute!  bellyhair.gif

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#64 of 83 Old 05-30-2011, 12:19 AM

Uuuggghhh... What a crappy, nauseous weekend... If I eat I feel nauseous, if I don't eat I feel nauseous, thinking of food makes me feel nauseous... If I Iay down I feel nauseous, and guess what happens if I sit up?  Yep, you guessed it.  Nauseous.

It seems as if every time I eat something and I become nauseous, I never want to eat it again.  I'm running out of food options!  4 weeks to go until the first trimester is over!  I just hope and pray this feeling leaves me before I have to fly back from Italy to San Diego, CA.  I can't imagine having to sit on a plane for a million hours with all those disgusting smells.  crap.gif

#65 of 83 Old 05-31-2011, 04:45 PM

It's here :(. Hit me a few days ago. No vomiting, but the nausea is FIERCE! and constant. I have way more aversions than cravings, so my diet is really limited. Thankfully I still swallow my prenatal and what appeals is mostly healthy. I feel bad for DS and DH. Mama is this zombie who moves from the bed to the couch to the toilet!

#66 of 83 Old 06-02-2011, 09:27 PM

I hope this ends soon for all of us!  I have started throwing up more and have been doing it a couple times a day at work.  The past couple of days after throwing up at work, I sit there, locked in the public bathroom stall, sobbing.  I cry after I get sick and lately it just really needs to come out.  I now truly understand the saying "sick and tired"!  Lol!  mecry.gif

#67 of 83 Old 06-02-2011, 09:30 PM

Mine just started today... got home from the grocery store and before I could even unload any groceries I was running to the bathroom. I really hope this doesn't get worse and I also hope it goes away soon! It's been so hot out and I only want to eat popsicles and soup.... It makes no sense!

#68 of 83 Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 PM

Boy, do I feel pathetic these days.  On top of morning sickness, I've got a head cold.  A lovely gift from my 1st child who is also sick.  Supposed to be on 'vacation' from work this week.  I suppose lying on the couch all day is better than going to work when I feel awful.  As someone else posted, I'm sick & tired.  Taking it day by day.  But feeling like it's never going to end.  It's been 4 weeks now.  I'm 9 weeks.  Another month + of this is just unbearable.  And to think it could continue on for the entire pregnancy just makes me... honestly, I think I'm developing prenatal depression.  This pregnancy was unexpected.  I barely had a week before the morning sickness started (at least I had that much time and it wasn't the morning sickness that clued me in to the pregnancy).  But I'm really resentful that I'm so sick.  All I've been able to eat is protein and carbs and an occasional fruit.  Veggies are out. I feel like I'm on the Atkins diet.  I'm just not dealing with this well.  I know with the first child I was miserable with morning sickness, but I don't remember crying so much.  Maybe this is for another thread, but my feelings about the pregnancy are so intertwined with the morning sickness and feeling awful.  I mean how can I come around and enjoy being pregnant when I feel so utterly awful?  I just don't want to be pregnant.  I don't want to deal with this.  I just want it to end.

Of course I feel awful saying all of that.  There is an innocent child inside me who feels that energy and it's not fair to them.  I don't want the baby to feel rejected, but I can't deal with life right now. It doesn't help that my husband is out of town for the week and I'm struggling by on my own.  I'm so tired.  I just want to run away from it all, but can't.

#69 of 83 Old 06-04-2011, 11:47 PM

Joining in. Ugh. I was hoping to avoid this thread altogether, but here I am. Nausea started yesterday. 6 weeks along. 

#70 of 83 Old 06-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Hey mama.  I really don't have the energy to write right now but I wanted to tell you that I feel the exact same way.  I feel so bad for how I feel.  I'm not bonding with my baby yet.  I hate being pregnant.  Those are the hardest words to say out loud.  I feel so ungrateful.  I feel like I am starting to get depressed as well.  I just want to be holding my baby now.  I can't handle being so sick.  I couldn't imagine having to take care of another child while feeling like this.  I can't wait for all of us to be on the other side of this morning sickness and perhaps complaining about something else!  Ha!  Hang in there, mama.  We will get through this.  Much love to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower18 View Post

Boy, do I feel pathetic these days.  On top of morning sickness, I've got a head cold.  A lovely gift from my 1st child who is also sick.  Supposed to be on 'vacation' from work this week.  I suppose lying on the couch all day is better than going to work when I feel awful.  As someone else posted, I'm sick & tired.  Taking it day by day.  But feeling like it's never going to end.  It's been 4 weeks now.  I'm 9 weeks.  Another month + of this is just unbearable.  And to think it could continue on for the entire pregnancy just makes me... honestly, I think I'm developing prenatal depression.  This pregnancy was unexpected.  I barely had a week before the morning sickness started (at least I had that much time and it wasn't the morning sickness that clued me in to the pregnancy).  But I'm really resentful that I'm so sick.  All I've been able to eat is protein and carbs and an occasional fruit.  Veggies are out. I feel like I'm on the Atkins diet.  I'm just not dealing with this well.  I know with the first child I was miserable with morning sickness, but I don't remember crying so much.  Maybe this is for another thread, but my feelings about the pregnancy are so intertwined with the morning sickness and feeling awful.  I mean how can I come around and enjoy being pregnant when I feel so utterly awful?  I just don't want to be pregnant.  I don't want to deal with this.  I just want it to end.

Of course I feel awful saying all of that.  There is an innocent child inside me who feels that energy and it's not fair to them.  I don't want the baby to feel rejected, but I can't deal with life right now. It doesn't help that my husband is out of town for the week and I'm struggling by on my own.  I'm so tired.  I just want to run away from it all, but can't.

#71 of 83 Old 06-05-2011, 02:05 PM

Eating lots of alkalinizing foods seems to help keep mine at bay. I get super nauseous if I overdo the grains and meat for a day or two in a row, and then it's a viscous cycle because when I'm sick all my tummy wants is more carbs.

#72 of 83 Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 PM

The nausea has gotten better since I realized that I have to have a huge breakfast first thing in the morning.  But I still can't get used to feeling queasy and burpy after every meal.  I forget that it's going to happen and it catches me off guard...

#73 of 83 Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower18 View Post

Yeah, me too...  Our pregnancy was planned, but when we found out it was twins, it really threw me for a loop.  I haven't really cried yet (though I know it's coming), but I've had times where I've thought, "But we never wanted to have 3 kids!"  And then I feel horrible, and whiny, and ungrateful.  I'm not a happy pregnant woman anyways.  I don't like the discomfort and not being able to do what I did pre-pregnancy.  I'm also a bit resentful of how my body has changed since having DS.  I never had a great body or anything, but my belly never bounced back, and I have a lot of loose skin.  Fat I could deal with, since I could diet/exercise.  Loose skin is just something I have to live with I guess.  

I also feel guilty for not spending more time with DS.  DH has been awesome, and he's letting me sleep in and takes care of DS any time he's not at work or sleeping.  I know the extra sleep and help is making me feel less sick and stressed, but I don't want DS to feel like I don't have time for him anymore! 

Hopefully we'll both feel more positive when we're not so sick!  hug2.gif

#74 of 83 Old 06-06-2011, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ugh, I feel nauseous all the time, but so far no throwing up.  I get hungry, but absolutely nothing sounds good to eat.  my stomach feels like its the size of a friggin watermelon and I can't have a bowel movement to save my life!!

yay for pity parties!!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon :o)

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#75 of 83 Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I feel so horrible. Unisom and B6 is helping, but I can only take 1/2 because I am oncall and can't risk being too tired to drive because one of these nights my phone is going to ring. And it all feels rather messed up that having protein makes me so ill, but carbs are great.... especially things like chips. Those sit just fine. Here I had been really making my diet fantastic and that is all slipping away. I have to remind myself that this doesn't last forever. Eventually I should feel normal again.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#76 of 83 Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Lemonade has been helping alot to settle my stomach.  My cousin that is on chemo suggested I try root beer flavored candies to help with the nausea.  Apparently thats what her doctor recommends for her and it works wonders!  I have yet to try it though.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#77 of 83 Old 06-07-2011, 06:21 PM

Thanks Sienna & Diana!  It's good to know I am not alone.  Can't imagine wrapping my head around twins!  I had an u/s and it was a singleton at 5 weeks.  By belly is about twice the size it was with my 1st pg at this stage.  I look about 16-18 weeks preggo if I compare myself to my first pg.  Sometimes makes me wonder if they missed one when they were looking.

Husband back in town and is some help.  DS still wants me all the time and won't accept DH's help much of the time.  Head cold is starting to fade and I'm feeling a bit better.  Glad to have a 2nd week off work so I can hopefully recuperate and get some energy back before heading back to work.

#78 of 83 Old 06-20-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Is anyone else starting to feel better? I was 12 weeks yesterday.  I've had 3 days now with very little nausea/gagginess, and it's been sooo nice.  I still feel a little queasy when I'm tired, and I need more sleep than pre-preg, but I haven't thrown up since last week.  My sense of smell seems to have settled down a bit too, and the odor of my vitamins no longer makes me puke (or even want to).  

Hang in there everyone, the end is near!!  

#79 of 83 Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 AM

Not feeling any better here yet, but I'm only 10 weeks and some change.  And I'm finally into the full on vomiting up everything part of m/s.  Last pregnancy, mine lasted til 20 weeks... I'm really hoping that's not the case this time around.

I'm really glad to hear you're starting to come out of it diana!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#80 of 83 Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mine lasted til 20 weeks with my first...  Even if this is just a temporary reprieve, I'm still soooo grateful!

#81 of 83 Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 PM

My sickness got out of control the other week, and since I have a history of hyperemesis, my doctor was very adamant and on top of giving me something to help.  The down side: its a suppository. Uck.  But it has helped me wonders!!! I am so happy to actually eat every once in awhile.  I still do not have much of an appetite, but at least I am not losing any more weight!

Also, a side effect of the medicine is fatigue.  So for an hour or so after I take it I usually have to nap...

But am feeling ridiculously better! Aside from the crazy dreams pregnancy is giving me...

On a side note, has anyone here tried taking ginger capsules??  Ginger itself has never done too much to ease my stomach, but I was wondering if it would be better in the pill form.

#82 of 83 Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

I tried the pills, but they didn't work for me...  I may try them again, though, since I seem to be tending towards indigestion rather than nausea now.

#83 of 83 Old 06-23-2011, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi Ladies, I feel for you sooo much! I just wanted to throw this out there and hopefully it will help some of you.  I haven't really had much nausea to speak of; like on a scale of 1-10, 10 being head in the toilet, green all day- I've had at times maybe a 3. I was researching prenatal vitamins because I realized the one I've been taking since we started "not not trying" to get pregnant is relatively cheap.  It has ginger and some other bonus stuff in it.  I saw this article selling another product but basically singing praises of the prenatal I am taking http://prenatalvitamins.org/rainbow-light-prenatal-one/

It's only $10 at the Whole Foods near me... I really hope it helps some of you!grouphug.gif

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page