when are you telling? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know exactly when I'm due so I'm sure I'll have an early ultrasound to give me an accurate due date. We'll tell the older children once we see a heartbeat on ultrasound. We are going to tell our families on Father's Day. I've told my good friends but I haven't decided when I'll tell my other coworkers yet.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#32 of 45 Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 AM

The father has already started to tell people! As soon as I had a positive pregnancy test he told his dad and several others, lol. But I've had a couple miscarriages in the past (God decided it wasn't the right time I guess) so I'm wanting to wait (at the earliest) end of June when we'll be on vaca with his family. And then in July (end of my first trimester) when we're on vaca with my family. Actually I'm really apprehensive to tell my family so I was thinking of sending them a post card with an ultrasound picture on it...and letting them know that way. Any opinions on this? 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#33 of 45 Old 05-18-2011, 08:46 AM

We used to tell people immediately. I figured that the ppl I would tell I was pregnant to would be the same ppl I'd want support from if I had a miscarriage, so it didn't matter to wait. Now with the past couple of experiences we've had, there are only a couple people I'd want to tell if I had another tragedy, so basically my husband is the only person who knows. We are going to tell after/if we see the heartbeat at my sono next week.

Milly, stumbling horribly on God's path, married to my amazing Superhero, and mama to my 3 awesome boys, and my amazing rainbow baby girl!  Missing our Little One, lost 11/09, and our son, stillborn 11/10

#34 of 45 Old 05-18-2011, 10:55 AM

We are not telling everyone yet, but not really hiding it either.  WIth my last pregnancy I was so 'tight fisted' about telling people and tried to keep it a secret as long as possible.  Outside of our immediate friends/family and my work we really didn't tell anyone until 20+ weeks.  We thought we were safe at tthat point, but found out we were wrong.  When we lost the baby so many people never even knew I was pregnant.  I missed out on enjoying the pregnancy and having people be happy for us by waiting so long.

This time I am not going to be so quiet about it.  Once I tell my parents and my close friend, I will annoucne it on Facebook and let everyone know.  Even if this pregnancy ends in loss too, I want people to be able to honor this baby's life too, no matter how short it may be.  The support we got from the people that knew we were pregnant was much better then those that didn't find out until it was too late.

I am not sure when to tell my good friend though.  We found out I was pregnant for sure on May 13th, the day her mother passed away.  Also the anniversary of my son's stillbirth.  Yeah, a real heavy day now for sure!  So, I am not sure if she is ready to hear about it, but I don't want to wait too long, you know?

Meghan~~ Mommy to 4 kiddos with feet and one with a halo.  ribbonpb.gif Our rainbow1284.gif is due January 2012~
#35 of 45 Old 05-18-2011, 11:16 AM

we went fully public yesterday after my first OB appointment and seeing the heartbeat again.  7w1d

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#36 of 45 Old 05-18-2011, 12:20 PM

I've told a handful of close friends and co-workers. We are holding off to tell the family and our larger circle of friends until the beginning of the second trimester. 

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#37 of 45 Old 05-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I told DH right away over the phone (I'm living in Italy, he's in CA) and then told my mom and dad (it was Mother's Day).  My roommate/close friend found out right away (she knew I'd be testing and has been my moral support through the 2ww).  Then I waited about two days before telling three close friends in grad school, and I had to tell my best friend about a week ago because I was going to be her MOH at her wedding and had to back out.

Other than that, I've kept it quiet (DH hasn't even told his family yet, although I'd be fine if he told his folks and sisters). 

We've written a haiku to share the news, but I'm going to wait until after my first MW appointment so that we can hear the HB (on week 14 because that's when I finish school and move back to CA).

I'm so excited to share the news, I can't wait!!!!!  We have three friends who are also pregnant and I want to share our pregnacy with them so badly... Just a few more weeks...

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#38 of 45 Old 05-22-2011, 01:40 PM

There are a couple of MDCers that I know IRL that obviously know smile.gif . Other than that, I told my best friend when I was nervous about the potential about getting pg, but she hasnt asked if Ive tested yet, so I havent told her. DH's little sister is in Jordan right now and will be home the first week of June, which would (if my calculations are right) put me right at about 6 weeks. We'll probably tell her then because we are picking her up from the airport in Chicago and it would be a long drive trying to make small talk and not tell her. That would mean that we'd have to tell his mom that day (his sis is only 19, and she will be excited). MIL is the main person Im worried about as far as a negative reaction goes. I dont think she is going to be stoked. So, after the two of them know, I think we'll tell my family and close friends. I'd like to wait to announce it on fb until I have an ultrasound pic, but I dont know if I can wait that long.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#39 of 45 Old 05-22-2011, 03:07 PM

Uh, I suppose never wouldn't be an appropriate answer?  A few friends of mine know, but nobody else because I don't want to tell my parents.  This is our 4th (and a total surprise) and we got pregnant during RnR.  To give you some idea of how well received the news will be by my parents... before DH came home for his 2 weeks my dad asked me if I was on BC to prevent myself getting into "this situation" again...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#40 of 45 Old 05-22-2011, 05:28 PM

I told a couple close friends first, and then my mom. My mom was so excited that my daughter figured something was up, so now she knows, too. They told my sisters. I was planning on waiting, but can't treat my migraines and they kind of figured something was up. I'll probably wait a few weeks to tell extended family.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#41 of 45 Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 PM

i haven't even told dh yet! ROTFLMAO.gif . took a test saturday am on an internet cheapie, and got a very very faint positive. got super excited and showed it to dh, and he told me i was crazy- no way was that a bfp! took a first response today in private and sure enough, bfp! i want to find a funny way to tell him just because he was so snarky to me yesterday. i think i'm going to wait a day until the line is a little darker and just have dd2 carry the test in to him before dinner or something. we'll probably wait until 10 or so weeks to tell the rest of the family, but i'll tell my boss and co teacher ( i work with 2 year olds, so they will know something is up- it's a hard job while pg) by the end of the week. chances are pretty good my co teacher will blab to everyone at work, but they're all my friends there so it's not a huge deal to me. our family is a ways away, and won't be supportive (well, dh's wont- mine will at least pretend they're happy), so no need to rush into telling them. we aren't married, and this has caused some issues on his side of the family. we're engaged, and made it very clear that SOME DAY we'll get hitched whistling.gif , but that isn't good enough for them. anyway, that's the plan!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#42 of 45 Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post

Uh, I suppose never wouldn't be an appropriate answer?  A few friends of mine know, but nobody else because I don't want to tell my parents.  This is our 4th (and a total surprise) and we got pregnant during RnR.  To give you some idea of how well received the news will be by my parents... before DH came home for his 2 weeks my dad asked me if I was on BC to prevent myself getting into "this situation" again...

Sending you hugs   

hug2.gif

Mama to Ahnna-Bella (Dec 05) dust.gif, Harrison (Oct 08) kid.gif, and Kellan Wilder (Jan '12) baby.gif

#43 of 45 Old 05-23-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post

Chely, not in your exact situation but I'm feeling like telling people never would be telling too soon.  Hugs mama. 

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#44 of 45 Old 05-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Thanks guys... I guess we will probably tell around 12 weeks?  I have no idea, I haven't really thought it thru yet.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#45 of 45 Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM

i keep almost saying something to my sister and another close friend of mine, but then I stop.  My first appt is Wednesday.  I'll see how I feel after that.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page