January 2012 ladies who took a bit longer to get pregnant - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 403 Old 07-10-2011, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

chili, sorry about your sister. I still worry if everything is ok with our baby, and I think having tried for awhile makes me a bit jumpier than otherwise, too.

Regarding 2nd trimester, I've read so many different things. The most common I've seen were 13 weeks and 14 weeks. So, I'm either in the 2nd trimester already or will be next Sunday! smile.gif

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#182 of 403 Old 07-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Hello all! I'm back from a 10 day trip to El Salvador (gruelling, amazing, delicious, and intense, among other things). I'm glad to see a new face here, preggomamma! Sorry to hear about your sister, chili. I hope she gets pregnant again very soon, especially before before you give birth, so her niece/nefew isn't a painful reminder to her...

All well here. I didn't get sick while there, and thoroughly enjoyed the food (beans cooked over a fire, so they have a smokey taste to them, fresh cheese, corn tortillas, crispy veggies with lime and salt, chicken soup -- but the chickens run free eating anything they come across and taste AMAZING compared to supermarket chickens -- and tamales). I still can't stay full for more than two hours, no matter what I eat.

In fun news, I got called out for the first time today by a stranger. I was at the beach with my family, and a women (friend of a friend) asked me straight up if I was pregnant. I waited for just a couple seconds (I couldn't help the wicked desire to give her to get that panicky feeling of embarassment at asking someone with merely a pot belly...) and said, "yes, but that was a pretty gutsy question"... She said, she was just about 100% sure considering the shape of my bump. I was pleased :)

Sweetbee - nice picture! Keep posting them. I STILL haven't gotten around to taking any. Someday.

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#183 of 403 Old 07-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Well, I think my bump is starting... I just moved my arm and whacked myself in the belly and thought, "hey! that wasn't there a few days ago!"  According to the OB last week, my fundus is already right below my navel.  The babies are measuring a bit ahead, so I guess I'm not surprised.  It's coming sooner than I expected, though. haha

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#184 of 403 Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Well im 12 weeks today. I woke up *not* feeling nauseous and excessively hungry. Yay! Made myself a 3 egged omelette and immediately had to lie down and take nap.

Emaya, i got the question yesterday too as i was pulling my stroller up the stairs of  the subway. I just laughed,  as i didnt want to say yes or no...

chilichiki likes this.
#185 of 403 Old 07-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Well, I had my first ob appt yesterday (Was seeing the RE until now) and I hated him. Ugh!! I feel like........well it took us 9 1/2 years to get pregnant. Give us a flippin second to look at the baby on the monitor. UGH!! The whole appt was SO rushed and it drives me crazy. I don't know. Anyway, we are switching but I really want to find a midwife. That's a whole other long story but we are planning on moving and I'm not sure I want to find a midwife here. 

On a positive note baby is doing very well. She/he measured at 12w5d (That's what he said. Photo says 12w2d....ugh) and I'm at 12 weeks today. :D Heartbeat was at 158 (And of course he only turned the sound on for that for about 4 seconds...literally. We couldn't hear it for just a second longer?????????????). 

Okay, deep breath, release. :D BABY IS WELL!! I'm so happy. It was also the first u/s where baby didn't look like a bean. We've had three and the other two looked like a lima bean...LOL. 

Hope everyone is well. I am so happy today because it has finally sunk in. I'm pregnant. Like, really really pregnant. I still can't believe it. 

#186 of 403 Old 07-13-2011, 11:36 AM

Yay preggomama!!! Im so glad everything looked good even if your RE was a twat.

Hey, we are a due date twins, both exactly 12 weeks today :-)

#187 of 403 Old 07-13-2011, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

preggomama- sounds like a very odd doctor indeed.

When they did my first u/s at 7 weeks, the nurse took her time and showed me everything I could possibly want to know and more.  Heard the heartbeat then and again two weeks ago with my regular appointment with the doctor.  It took a minute to locate, but once he did, he let it sit there for awhile so I could enjoy it.

hopefully you find a better doctor soon!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#188 of 403 Old 07-14-2011, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Emaya, glad your trip went well. I guess you don't have any nausea? I'm still anxious about the ~5 hours will be be driving next month to visit family because of how sick I get in the car when pregnant. We did do a lovely hike with our 2-year-old 2 weeks ago, and I didn't feel sick during the almost 1 hour drive.

kewpie, any belly pics to share? smile.gif

maya, glad you're not feeling sick anymore. I'm almost 14 weeks, and I still feel icky in the morning. . . and at night. . . and several times during the day. winky.gif

mamma, I'm glad you're going with your gut feeling on the dr. I had a weird feeling about a dr (this was before getting pregnant; I wanted to be tested for why we still weren't pregnant), but I ignored it, thinking, "well, she seems to be doing something at least to test". Well, that was the only test she did and then wanted to put me on progesterone before ovulation to regulate my cycles, which sounded completely counterproductive to me (how was I then to ovulate?), and she was rude/aggressive to top it off. Ugh, should have trusted that first feeling.

chili, you got to hear the heartbeat. I'm so jealous! We've seen it on the monitor (along with some squirming smile.gif), but I want to hear it. I loved that test they do near the end (not sure what it's called) where they hook you up to this machine to see if you're having any contractions. Well, that part was boring b/c I never had any until I went into labor, but then they also had the baby's heart beat playing the whole time. Like little galloping horses! love.gif

Not much going on here. Still feeling the nausea, as mentioned, but otherwise just tired. And hungry! I'm afraid to look at the scale when we next go to the dr. Speaking of which, that will be in 3.5 weeks. I'll be 17 weeks, so hopefully we will be able to find out the sex of the baby. fingersx.gif I'm eager to start thinking of names and setting up his/her room.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#189 of 403 Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 AM

Hi all! Pretty quiet in here. I hope everyone is feeling well and eating well, and just happy as clams with the knowledge of a little one growing and growing. I'm feeling physically kind of crappy which is interesting when I feel emotionally so happy to finally be pregant. It's just funny the juxtaposition of moaning about being starving or nauseous or exhausted all the while with a smile on my face (I'm pregnant!). My daughter is in an especially lovely period right now (I say that every month, basically, after she was about 4 months old -- I wasn't really a newborn type -- and I imagine I'll keep saying it until she's like 13. Or forever. Who knows), with all her talking and philosiphizing and imaginative play. She'll be three in September. I just can't believe my luck that I get to do this all again (if everything goes well) - all the joy and love of it (and of course the hard nights and anxiety too).

I'm so jealous of all of you who have proof positive of having a baby in your bellies! All I have to go on is a faint pregnancy test in week like 4 or 5! They didn't even do a pregnancy test at my one and only appointment so far (in week 6 or 7), let alone an ultrasound, beta or a blood test. My next appointment is August 1st, and then I imagine she'll do a doppler. If it weren't for the fact that I'm a little jumpy this time around, I'd be all for the low-tech, relaxed approach.

How are all of you eating? I just ate a huge plate of reindeer, fried egg, and potatoes and it was AWESOME (I live in Sweden and eating reindeer once in a while is normal). My whole body is buzzing with energy and contentedness. It was my second lunch, and fourth large meal of the day (after first breakfast, brunch, and first lunch) and it's almost 4 p.m. Good thing we don't have a scale in the house. As long as I keep myself regularly fed, I feel ok. Otherwise, panic attacks and nausea. This is completely different from my first pregnancy, so I'm wondering with this one is a little boy...

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#190 of 403 Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 AM

haha... no. I'm on the heavy side, so even though my bump is definitely growing, I just look fat. orngbiggrin.gif  I will post some before too long, though.  Anyone care to explain how to post a picture?  I tried once and it didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

kewpie, any belly pics to share? smile.gif

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#191 of 403 Old 07-19-2011, 01:10 PM

Hi, friends!  Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.  I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and will take a belly pic to show you.  My next prenatal appointment is August 8th and my midwife said she thinks she'll be able to hear the baby's heartbeat with a fetoscope so I'm stoked about that!  Other than that, there aren't any real updates.  I'm still feeling a bit nauseous at times and am now down 7 lbs. since I got pregnant.  With my DD I lost 11 so I'm not all too concerned yet.  I hope everyone is feeling well and things are going along swimmingly.  love.gif

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#192 of 403 Old 07-21-2011, 02:25 PM

Here it is, as promised.  I feel so huge with #2 compared to how I was with my DD.

014.JPG

chilichiki likes this.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#193 of 403 Old 07-22-2011, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, MommyM, you look great! I feel bigger this time as well. I think it's normal when pregnant with #2.

I'm still feeling sick (nausea) a lot of the day. This is worse than last time. I also feel drained/dizzy, like a vampire has bitten me. orngtongue.gif I've been eating ok and taking my vitamin every day (thank you chewables!), so I'm not sure why I'm feeling like this. I like doing prenatal workouts, but I don't do them often enough due to the lightheadedness.

And I've had a feel more spotting episodes. I think it could be a sensitive cervix because it's always the next day after we. . . well, you know. innocent.gif

#194 of 403 Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 AM

MommyM you do look great! - I really need to get myself in gear and follow your and Sweetbee's lead on the photos. My belly looks pretty much the same as yours, MommyM -- and I too feel definitely bigger faster this time around too! It's nice to have a face with a name, too :)

Sweetbee - I'm sorry that you're still feeling sick, hope things pick up soon. How's your iron? My sister had some bad nausea during her second pregnancy; it didn't stop after the first trimester (as it had with her first), and the midwife said that as long as her iron was low (it was at 90, I believe), she'd continue to feel sick. Mine is low (106), but up from 92 which is where it was two months ago.

It sounds like you have a good theory on the spotting - must be a bit of a relief to see a correlation there. Even if it's a naughty one :)

#195 of 403 Old 07-26-2011, 06:47 PM

Thanks, ladies!  You're too sweet.  :o)

I think you're right about the spotting, SweetBee.  When you're pregnant you have increased blood flow to those regions during sex and I'm pretty sure spotting is common afterwards for that reason.

#196 of 403 Old 07-29-2011, 08:24 PM

Love the belly pictures! So cute!

Totally off topic, but since this is the thread for other mommies who have had hard times conceiving...

I have been so worried lately about baby.  I know it is totally unwarranted given everything has been going pretty darn great with this pregnancy, but hard to convince myself to think otherwise.

After reading other threads on here about women who recently and unexpectedly lost their babies in the second trimester, my mind is going in to overdrive and I am just making myself sick.  I know thats not good for the baby or I, but like I said...my mind runs on its own.

My sister just lost her baby last month at 18 weeks. Two friends or friends of friends have lost their baby around the 16-17 week mark this month.  I keep thinking, "Oh god...is this going to happen?"  I am not far enough long where I can feel the baby yet, so I don't  have the reassuring kicks (darnit!)

Had my doctors appointment last week and I swear I held my breath for the five or seconds it took him to find the baby's heartbeat!!

Any of you mommies feeling this way?  I remember having all sorts of emotions with my first pregnancy, but none of these.  Maybe its because that pregnancy was a pleasant, unplanned surprised...and I was too sick through most of it to worry.

Sorry to be a debbie downer here guys.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#197 of 403 Old 07-30-2011, 06:54 AM

Hi Chilichiki, your feelings are natural, especially if you are hearing about 2nd trimester losses.  I think  when you have taken such a long time to conceive, you dont take anything for granted. I have to admit, i have begun to relax a bit more, and actually believe i am pregnant since hitting the 2nd trimester ( a few days ago)

So many women in my age group have first trimester miscarriages if  they get pregnant at all (im44).   I try to enjoy each moment, but also be realistic. Nonetheless, the odds are definitely in our favor once in the 2nd trimester. So try to relax and enjoy! I am going to buy myself some of that anti stretch mark cream for my growing belly, as my first official 'i am really pregnant and going to have a baby' purchase. Im so excited!!!  

chilichiki likes this.
#198 of 403 Old 07-30-2011, 05:24 PM

chilichicki - I do understand how you feel.  Everytime I read of a loss, my heart aches for them, but also feels scared for myself especially when they were in a similar situation to what I'm in.    I'm on a couple different boards and everyone feels this way especially after previous losses or trouble conceiving. One board I"m on in particular calls this, "the loss of pregnancy innocence." 

What makes me feel better is knowing what a large group we have here and the chance of NO ONE having a loss is sadly unlikely, but knowing that it is only a few of many is comforting.  Does that make sense?  It helps calm my fears, anyway.  Having people in your personal life suffer later losses is more difficult cause it hits closer to home, but remember their fate is not your fate.  How many women in your life have you known to have healthy babies?  Maybe it will help to focus on that instead.  Each week that passes we're a little closer to holding our babies.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#199 of 403 Old 07-31-2011, 01:37 AM

I could have written what you wrote, Chili, right down to the happy-go-lucky surprise first pregnancy. I too am going through what kewpie calls "the loss of pregnancy innocence" with this one. But, like contactmaya, I'm also trying to enjoy every day that I AM PREGNANT now. I also think there have been some real positives to come out of the long road: humility, for one; sensitivity toward my fellow women (knowing now what I do, any one of those lovely women at work could be stinging with hurt from a loss or infertililty when I go back to my teaching position with a prominent belly on August 15th), and most excitingly, a real sense of living and loving every moment with my belly and my little family -- much more so than that first year or two with an accidental (though happy) pregnancy and taking for granted my healthy baby. This time around (if I am granted a healthy pregnancy again), I think I will breath in every moment even more carefully and perhaps not be quite so anxiety-ridden about the lack of sleep and being suddenly stuck at home... I think I will see it all as the miracle it is. I think so. I hope so. It seems that way so far, anyway...

Tomorrow is my first chance to actually know if there is a live baby inside. I'm at almost 15 weeks and haven't felt a quickening yet. So I'm looking forward (though very anxiously) to hearing a heartbeat at my midwife's office. I'll let you know.

chilichiki likes this.

#200 of 403 Old 07-31-2011, 01:08 PM

So glad to know I am not the only one going through this unneccessary anxiety!!  Most of the days, I do just fine and am in happy or normal moods.  It's every night when I lay down to go to sleep that all these doubts and anxieties creep into my head.

#201 of 403 Old 07-31-2011, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emaya View Post

I could have written what you wrote, Chili, right down to the happy-go-lucky surprise first pregnancy.

Same here. And I've even felt some movement. Oh, how much easier it was not to worry last time! But we're all in the 2nd trimester now. We have at least made it through the toughest part.

#202 of 403 Old 08-01-2011, 12:55 AM

Heartbeat there! 145 beats a minute. I'm glad. And, my midwife will try to get me a test for Listeria (something I've been worried about after being in El Salvador for 10 days, and realizing all that yummy cheese I ate was fresh out of the cow non-pasturized...) which is hard to get in Sweden since there are only like 10 cases a year...So I'm glad.

#203 of 403 Old 08-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Funny that you mention Listeria, because my husband and I were just talking about that today!  I've really been dying for a coney dog and he is absolutely against it.  No hot dogs!! Of course everything that sounds good to me is on the no-no list!

Emaya- so glad you go to hear the heartbeat!  thats the best! I am ready to go and get one of those DIY monitors that let you listen to the heartbeat whenever you want to calm myself down!!

Went to the grocery store before work the other day.  Bought a salad in the deli and the woman working there informed me that I am going to have a girl.  Was really odd...don't shop at the store that often and definitely do not know her.  Apparently she saw my newly popped stomach and decided to give her two cents.  Should have told her I wasn't pregnant and let her feel like an ass, haha.

#204 of 403 Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Emaya, yay! I really want to hear the heartbeat. I've seen it, but hearing it is so much sweeter, I think. smile.gif

So, latest belly pic from Sunday (16 weeks):

16weeks.jpg

The bump looks much more even with my shirt down. winky.gif

#205 of 403 Old 08-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Lovely belly there, Sweetbee! Keep the pictures coming. I will catch up one day...

#206 of 403 Old 08-08-2011, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

So, 17-week appointment today. Baby is measuring right on schedule, though the head is a few days ahead. orngtongue.gif This was the same with my son. By the end, his head was estimated even a few weeks ahead of everything else.

The doctor said it could be a girl, but it's a bit early to know.

Edit: Pic.

#207 of 403 Old 08-10-2011, 02:41 PM

I had my 16-week appt yesterday and verything seems to be going well.  My midwife detected the heartbeat for about 6 beats and then the peanut moved and wouldn't cooperate.  Here's a picture of the midwife using a fetoscope.  (We're foregoing Doppler and ultrasound unless necessary.)

005.JPG

#208 of 403 Old 08-11-2011, 05:16 PM

And here's my 16-week belly pic:

16 weeks 7.JPG

I want to see everyone else's bellies!!

#209 of 403 Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Very cute belly Anna!

I finally took some pictures today, but we're out in the country and I don't have my cord to upload. So it'll be sometime next week. It'll be interesting to see my bump in a photo, because in the mirror, I'm looking like double the size of you two (Anna and Sweetbee)! Got my ultrasound on Wednesday to make sure there aren't two in there...(though of course a blessing is a blessing, and two blessings, however overwhelming, are two blessings).

Edit: that is, I will have my ultrasound this Wednesday.

#210 of 403 Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 AM

I can't wait to see your belly!  I thought I felt a lot smaller than I looked in the photo.  It's weird how our minds perceive things one way and they're really another!  LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page