January 2012 ladies who took a bit longer to get pregnant - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 403 Old 09-03-2011, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OMG, Emaya! I can't even imagine how shocked you must feel! Amazing, amazing, amazing! Your belly is so little too---who would have known!  Congratulations x 3 !!!!! joy.gif

Emaya likes this.

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#242 of 403 Old 09-04-2011, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Kewpie, yay for one of each! If tomorrow's appointment confirms girl, then it looks like we'll have one of each, too. It's nice to be able to buy/do boy and girl things. smile.gif

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#243 of 403 Old 09-05-2011, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

So, back from today's checkup. Everything looks good, and we're having a girl!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#244 of 403 Old 09-05-2011, 07:56 AM

yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! A girl! 

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#245 of 403 Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

sweetbee - Yay! Now you'll have one of each too!

AFM - I'm getting BHs like crazy the last 24 hours.  Last night they were coming every 10 minutes.  Thankfully they tapered off after an hour an a half.  I cleaned out my freezer yesterday and I guess that was too much.  Babies' kicks have started getting stronger this morning and I may have felt one of them from the outside.  I hope so, cause I'd love for DH to start feeling them move too.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#246 of 403 Old 09-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Had our ultrasound today and found out...it's a boy!!  So funny...never had discussed boy baby names we were so sure that this one was a girl, but my husband and I agreed on a name we both loved during the fifteen minute wait between ultrasound and doctor appointments:  Henry Magnus :o)  Sounds good when you compare it to our older son's name, Floyd Maximus!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#247 of 403 Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 AM

20 weeks yesterday!

20 weeks.JPG

I've got an appointment with my midwife today.  At my last appointment, she could only hear a few beats of the heart with the fetoscope so I'm hoping she can hear it a lot easier today.  

Am I the only here who is not getting ultrasounds and not finding out the gender of my baby?  I feel so alone!  LOL

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#248 of 403 Old 09-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Kewpie, I hope you are getting lots of rest and drinking plenty of water. I'm in the middle of reading Luke's book (when you're expecting twins, triplets, quads, and more) and got so freaked out about early labor that I went on sick leave (my doc wanted me off work two weeks ago and I laughed at her), and am not doing anything strenuous. Multiple pregenancies are different, I'm convinced. 

Chili! A brother for your son -- how exciting! That's funny that you had no clue. Same thing happened with my daughter. I was so sure she was a boy the whole time (and we didn't peek) that I saw boy parts when they held her up the first time. So much for women's intuition. I think there's something very special about same sex siblings -- they can be close in a way that sometimes opposite sex siblings aren't (though of course every set of siblings is different). 

Anna, beautiful picture! Now I just wish I could find my cameral cord to upload a picture, because while our bumps were similar just a month ago, now people say I look 9 months pregnant. It has gone so shockingly fast. I understand your desire to go low-tech. I was planning on not having an ultrasound this time (I didn't like how they made my "due date" earlier last time after measuring my dd in womb -- didn't want to be induced if I went over the 2 week limit as I feel due dates can be arbitrary if everything is looking good), and certainly not finding out the sex (I loved the surprise of it last time!), but since I felt so, well, different with this pregnancy and it had taken so darn long to get pregnant, I decided to go for it and get some peace of mind. Peace of mind wasn't actually what came out of it, but you know the rest :)

Ladies, I am P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T! Holy cow. With the emphasis on COW. I am HUGE. I'm still reeling from the shock of having spontaneously occuring multiples. I mean, the irony after not getting pregnant for 19 months and then getting three at once! I think I'm still in shock...

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#249 of 403 Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 PM

Emaya - The BHs ended up coming back the next day and were every 7 minutes for a couple hours.  They had me come in and they monitored and gave me a HUGE dose of ibuprofen and that stopped them right away.  Since then, they've been irregular again, thank goodness.  

I'm reading that same book!  It's so full of info, I feel like I'm never going to get it all read and remember it.  I had a singleton full term pregnancy quite awhile ago and this pregnancy is very different.  I didn't feel much different in the beginning, but by about 12 weeks, there was no denying it.  I know you felt very different this time too, and no wonder, carrying 3!!  

The biggest differences I'm noticing are how much more tired I am, the feeling of "fullness" so early, pelvic soreness, cramping, intense morning sickness, and of course the octopus-like movement all over.  I've been needing a bath nightly to relieve the soreness in my pelvic bones and around my bladder.  

I have a friend who had triplets and 3 friends that have had twins and they all tell me you get so uncomfortable by the end of 27-28 weeks and they begged to be induced by 35 weeks. One said she cried in the doctor's office cause she hurt so bad (she delivered 2 boys, one at 7 pounds 5 oz and the other at 8 pounds 2 oz at 36 weeks).  I don't want to be induced at all, but it does scare me a little thinking about how bad and uncomfortable it may be.  

I am drinking heaps of water, 3 liters per day is what I can usually get down and I don't work, so I'm able to get in a couple naps when I get tired.  I hope you're able to rest too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaya View Post

Kewpie, I hope you are getting lots of rest and drinking plenty of water. I'm in the middle of reading Luke's book (when you're expecting twins, triplets, quads, and more) and got so freaked out about early labor that I went on sick leave (my doc wanted me off work two weeks ago and I laughed at her), and am not doing anything strenuous. Multiple pregenancies are different, I'm convinced. 

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#250 of 403 Old 09-20-2011, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, ladies! How is everyone?

We took a tour of a birthing house last night, and it was great. So homely. Our insurance covers all of pregnancy and birth, but there will be some extra costs for this place, as it's independent rather than one of the public hospitals. Still, I really liked it! I know I would be more comfortable there than in one of the hospitals in our area (long story but they are all overcrowded due to many being merged/closed because our canton is being cheap with funding). There is the option to have one of the midwives come to us for a home birth, but I'm not sure about that. I like the "home" feel, but not sure I want chaos in our apartment. winky.gif If it happens that baby is born at home (I had a really fast labor last time), then we're ok with it, but this birthing house feels like home without actually being at home. If that makes sense. smile.gif

We are having a consultation with a midwife there next week. The big questions now are when to switch prenatal care over to them from my obgyn (they would like us to do it no later than week 37) and what to do with our son for the birth. I'm thinking we will switch over care closer to the end (they won't attend a birth with a pre-term baby anyway and last time I was a bit early at 38 weeks), but we'll have to see what the midwife says at our meeting. As for our son, I'm going back and forth with what to do.

Hope everyone is well!

#251 of 403 Old 09-20-2011, 11:46 AM

A birthing house sounds wonderful, Sweetbee! How early do they consider pre-term? Your son coming at 38 weeks doesn't sound like any definition of pre-term, or? I think due dates are so arbitrary. 

All good here. Not enjoying all the medical intervention (just check-ups, really, but ultrasounds every two weeks feel a bit much), but I'm trying to remember that I got my wonderful all-natural pregnancy and birth last time, and now I get to experience everything that medical science has to offer. And I trust these Swedish physicians as they are so into letting nature take its course as much as possible.

Remember those long lists I used to write about what I ate? At the time, I was just astonished at my appetite, and didn't know it was because I was eating for four. Here's what I ate today:

-6:30: Big bowl of full-fat yogurt with musli and berries, black tea
-8:00: Two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- 9:00: Split pea soup with tons of olive oil mixed in
- 10:30: Brown rice and broccoli with halloumi cheese
- 11:30: High-protein, high-calorie nutrition supplement drink (chocolate)
- 12:30: Finally lunch! Two hard-boiled eggs on hard bread with butter and caviar; split pea soup with olive oil, big glass of milk
- 14:00: A bowl full of cashews, almonds, raisins and a black currant/blueberry smoothie
-15:00: Two green apples, a banana, and "some" chocolate chip cookies
- 17:00: Dinner #1: whole grain pasta with tomato sauce, and Parmesan cheese
- 19:30: Dinner #2: Baked zucchini stuffed with meat sauce, brown rice, tomato-fennel salad
- 20.30: High-protein, high-calorie nutrition supplement drink (chocolate)

And I'll have a big bowl of oatmeal before bed to try to stay full during the night. I have to eat most of my food before 14.00 as I get heartburn in the afternoon and eating becomes more of a chore.
How are the rest of you doing?

#252 of 403 Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM

Emaya- I am so darned jealous of your appetite!!  I am still battling constant nausea and can't keep a thing down.  Its a rare occasion that I am even able to feel hunger these days. Keep telling myself that I only have 18 weeks left....

Hope all you other mommies are doing well!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#253 of 403 Old 09-21-2011, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Emaya, they won't take anyone before 37 weeks (pre-term), pregnant with multiples, or otherwise high-risk. So, 38 weeks would be ok. There's the worry, though, that if I went 2 weeks early the first time, I could go even earlier the second. Not so likely, I suppose, but it's something we've been thinking about. It could also go the other way. The night after we toured the birthing house, I had a dream that I was "late" and freaking out about not having any contractions yet. I was really crazy, and it took awhile after I woke up to calm down and realize I'm only 23 weeks! Pregnancy does strange things to us.

Wow, your babies must certainly be getting enough to eat! I'm not a big eater (our 2-year-old sometimes eats more than I do, and he's not a big eater either), though I'm eating more than when not pregnant. It depends on the day. Still gaining a lot of weight, haha. How do you have time to cook all those things? I cooked a potato casserole last night, and then I was wiped out. Ok, I also spent the morning chasing alongside him as he rode his bicycle and lugged a few heavy bags of groceries home (I walk to the grocery store). But still.

Has anyone else been wiped out lately? It's not like the need-to-sleep exhaustion of the 1st trimester, but more like feeling heavy and out of breath. And I know I will be getting much bigger before the end.

chili, sorry you're not feeling well. Do any foods help?

I still get queasy when I wake up and sometimes during the day. The gagging is really getting old, but it's better than it was before. At my next checkup, I have my GD test, so no eating beforehand. That is just a recipe for gagging, ick.

Just about a month until the 3rd trimester, ladies! Can you believe we're almost 2/3 of the way there?

#254 of 403 Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 PM

I still don't have an appetite either.  The babies are growing well and are really active, so I figure they are getting what they need.  I usually have to force myself to eat cause food just doesn't appeal.  I've been told by other twin mamas that this changes and I'll become famished close to third trimester. We'll see, I guess.

We had our fetal echocardiogram today.  The babies spent the entire scan punching and kicking each other.  The sonographer laughed a few times cause it was just too darn funny to watch.  At one point though, Maisie looked like she was crying.  Her little chest rose and fell quickly and she had her mouth open.  I've seen videos of babies crying in utero before and the sonographer said that's what it looked like to her too.  It broke my heart knowing I couldn't comfort her.

I'm starting to get uncomfortable.  I'm usually feeling great in the morning, but by about 7pm, my hips and pelvic bones ache so badly.  I'm measuring at 29 weeks right now.  I haven't passed my prepregnancy weight yet, but I'm only about a pound away.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#255 of 403 Old 09-27-2011, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

So, belly pic at 24 weeks:

24 weeks

Come on, ladies, show me your bumps! winky.gif

#256 of 403 Old 10-01-2011, 04:44 AM

Hi all! The family is out of town this weekend, so I've got some time to eat black bean nachos, Belgian Chocolate Hagendaaz, and catch up with you :) DH is off on a fishing trip with his 5 closest guy friends, and DD is with her cousin until tomorrow. Quiet here.

Lovely picture, Sweetbee! Your belly is growing nicely there. 

Kewpie, your account of the echocardiogram made me really sad! It hadn't ever occured to me that babies would cry in the womb. And to think that, with more than one inside, they could actually hurt each other is heartbreaking! I've been talking to my little ones and telling them to chill out and play nice, but it's hard not to be able to comfort them...

Went to my fourth ultrasound on Wednesday, and all looks good. No sign of twin transfusion syndrome, and they're all growing well. Week 24 completed now, and that was my frist goal. Now on to goal number two: week 32 (the average gestation period for triplets). After that, my goal is to take them through week 36, which is when they usually take out triplets in a planned cesarean. I'm still researching pros and cons of vaginal birth for triplets, but am totally ok with a cesarean if that's what's best for babies. I already got my blissful all-natural birth, and am content.

I will put up a belly pic as soon as I can find the charger for the camera (I know, I know, if it isn't the cord I'm missing, it's something else. Time to get organized before the hurricanes hit). It's not grotesque yet, but it's just about the size it was at 9 months with dd.

I'm at 90 kg now (almost 200 lbs), and I usually weigh about 72 (160 lbs) at 6 feet tall (181 cm). So I'm pretty pleased at my weight gain. It's just a funny feeling to boast to my girlfriends about how much weight I've managed to gain. I do get some funny looks. But every ounce is good for the babies, and I keep mixing that olive oil into everything I eat :)

Hope all is well with you ladies.

E. 

#257 of 403 Old 10-02-2011, 06:29 PM

I saw the perinatologist on friday and it wasn't the greatest news.  The babies are measuring well (1lb3oz and 1lb4oz) but my cervix has started shortening.  I'll be seeing him again on thursday and if it continues, I'll be moved to full bedrest.  I'm on partial bedrest now.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#258 of 403 Old 10-02-2011, 10:35 PM

Kewpie, I'm sorry to hear that your cervix is starting to shorten. Maybe try for full-ish bedrest until Thursday? Did you talk about a cerclage? I'm thinking about you and sending you long, closed cervix vibes.

#259 of 403 Old 10-05-2011, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Emaya, go babies! It's funny how weight gain is a different matter during pregnancy, isn't it? Though I'm still hoping I don't gain too much because I don't want to waddle around uncomfortably. orngtongue.gif I'm up just a few kg (can't check exact # right now b/c I don't know where my pregnancy sheets are), but then I never got back down to pre-pregnancy weight last time (had ~3kg to go). That's my postpartum goal this time! A tough one b/c I'm a relatively light girl when I'm fit (54kg). But I'm afraid it will take lots of running to get back there, and that will be hard with 2 children around.

Kewpie, sorry to hear that. How do they check that? Through ultrasound? Some days my cervix hurts, so I'm wondering if there's something weird there. And then there were those possible contractions last week. Not fun! Anyway, hope it doesn't become a problem for you. Maybe you can do swimming or something to take the strain off your body?

#260 of 403 Old 10-05-2011, 08:35 AM

Yeah, they checked with transvaginal u/s. I have my followup tomorrow, hopefully things haven't gotten worse.  I really haven't felt much of anything except for a pushing down feeling and a weird sensation like someone scratching their nails over my cervix.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

Kewpie, sorry to hear that. How do they check that? Through ultrasound? Some days my cervix hurts, so I'm wondering if there's something weird there. And then there were those possible contractions last week. Not fun! Anyway, hope it doesn't become a problem for you. Maybe you can do swimming or something to take the strain off your body?

IVF #1 11 weeks

#261 of 403 Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Here's my belly in all it's glory at 24 weeks.  I want to see everyone else's, too!  orngbiggrin.gif

24 weeks 2.JPG

I had my 24-week appointment with my midwife yesterday.  Everything is measuring right on time and she was able to actually palpate the baby so that was pretty exciting!

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#262 of 403 Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 AM

Very nice picture, Anna! Always with the sunglasses, slippers and tank top, man, I'm missing my home right about now as Sweden gets a little chilly and wet.

KEWPIE, how did your follow-up appointment go? I'm thinking about you.

#263 of 403 Old 10-10-2011, 10:23 AM

Kewpie, I stalked you  to the Fall IVF thread, so I know what the latest is (as of your last post yesterday). Sounds like you've been through a lot the last few days but that things are stable. I'm hoping for the best for you and your little ones and a loooooong pregnancy! 

#264 of 403 Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM

Emaya, we need to see a picture of YOU!

#265 of 403 Old 10-11-2011, 12:22 AM

One of my goals for the day is to find the friggin camera charger so I can take a picture! Until then, I can tell you that my belly is 9-month size and looking good. Every evening I oil it in with almond oil and admire myself endlessly in the mirror - I'm totally shameless but I love all the roundness going on (upstairs too - just about a full B CUP NOW WOOHOO!!!) and I just love being pregnant, especially after it took so dang long. joy.gif

chilichiki likes this.

#266 of 403 Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post

Emaya, we need to see a picture of YOU!

Yeah! Use your webcam. Or do I need to come up there with my camera? orngtongue.gif

MommyM, nice bump!

Kewpie, hope you and your babies are doing well.

My next appointment is on Monday, when I will be 27 weeks. I have the GD test, ick. We've set up the baby's room with all the big furniture, and now I just need to find items like hangers, curtains, and a soft carpet. Other than that, just feeling big and tired again, but I have so many things to do before xmas when I hit 37 weeks!

#267 of 403 Old 10-11-2011, 06:00 PM

LOL!  You're so cute!  I love being pregnant, too, and feel much more beautiful and sexy now that I do when not pregnant so I totally get it!  love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaya View Post

One of my goals for the day is to find the friggin camera charger so I can take a picture! Until then, I can tell you that my belly is 9-month size and looking good. Every evening I oil it in with almond oil and admire myself endlessly in the mirror - I'm totally shameless but I love all the roundness going on (upstairs too - just about a full B CUP NOW WOOHOO!!!) and I just love being pregnant, especially after it took so dang long. joy.gif

#268 of 403 Old 10-11-2011, 08:57 PM

henrybelly.jpg

First time posting a picture...a little fuzzy, but since my camera is not working right now, this is all I have so far.  A friend took it of me this past weekend and sent it to me the other day.  I absolutely hate the picture, but I figure since everyone else is being good sports about sharing pictures, I might as well bite the bullet and share mine winky.gif

#269 of 403 Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 PM

Aww, that's a nice photo Chili! And you've got like a halo of light all around you -- or maybe that's just the pregnant glow you're sending out :)

I found my charger, so my photo will come up soon. In the mean time, enjoy this one that I found on pinterest.com (I have no idea who they are, but obviously they have a good sense of humor):
funny maternity pic.jpg

#270 of 403 Old 10-13-2011, 12:39 AM

Ok, here we go, hot off the press -- 26 weeks + 1 day:

P1020060.JPG

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page