Supplements? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-22-2011, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering what/if any of you were taking supplements?  I'm about to make myself a cup of RRL tea and I've been taking cal/mag/vitD for months now along with an EPO/Flax blend. I added in B vitamins while trying to correct my LP defect.  I've started taking it again to combat "morning sickness."  Any other ideas?  

#2 of 11 Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 PM

I'm just taking New Chapter's Perfect Prenatal and Carlson cod liver oil. I also got Ginger Trips at Whole Foods. It's a chewable ginger and B6 tablet that turns into gum. Hard to explain and funky the first time, but now I like it.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#3 of 11 Old 05-23-2011, 06:12 PM

I take a Rainbow Light prenatal vitamin, 5,000 IU vitamin D, fish oil, and probiotics.  I have also ordered some Earth Mama Angel Baby teas that I'll drink when I get them.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#4 of 11 Old 06-03-2011, 11:56 AM

My midwife started me on Hemaplex (because I tend to run on the anemic side during pregnancy) and alfalfa tablets, and one cup of red raspberry leaf tea per day in addition to the normal prenatals.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#5 of 11 Old 06-13-2011, 12:32 AM

I don't take RRL until mid 3rd trimester because it causes contractions for me. I'll probably also start taking nettle around then, too. Right now, I'm taking calcium/magnesium, folic acid, 2000IU Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, a B complex that also has vitamin C and fish oil. After 12 weeks, I'll take another vitamin C (so 500mg 2x a day) and another fish oil. I got some prenatals, but couldn't keep them down this time around. Last pregnancy I alternated the prenatal with all the other supplements.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#6 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Any recommended iron supplements for vegetarians? I'm taking a raw prenatal and absorb as much iron as I can but I'm having a hard time now that the baby is getting bigger. 

#7 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM

I take gummy prenatals from Target because I've never been able to stomach normal prenatals.  I also take a flax/dha blend and a cal/mag supplement because I don't drink much milk.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#8 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 02:44 PM

funny that so many of us are taking the same things!

i take rainbow light prenatals and cal/mag/vit D, additional vit D, b12, b6, DHA, and digestive enzymes.  and i throw in something extra (flax, hemp) with my daily green smoothie.

i stopped taking EPO once i got pregnant, but i'll pick it up again towards the end, and probably some teas.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#9 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 04:14 PM

I'm taking probiotics, cod liver oil, D, Thorne prenatal vitamins, mag, and sometimes C and zinc (particularly if I'm sick). I also take some extra folate sometimes (I take a version by Thorne that is more bioavailable than folic acid - if you have the MTHFR mutation, folate vs. folic acid can make a big difference). I also drink some prenatal teas occassionally (will probably increase these).

#10 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 06:21 AM

I'm taking the Jamieson prenatal and an iron supplement just to make sure my levels stay up, and its plant based iron, which is easier to absorb than the man made stuff.

#11 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 AM

Just a prenatal (Rainbow Light;  I took the New Chapter ones last time around but this time I absolutely couldn't stomach them for some reason) and a DHA supplement.  (Want to say it's 1000mg, but I can't remember for sure without the bottle in front of me.)  I'm also thinking about starting a plant-based iron supplement though would like to have my levels tested to make sure it's necessary, because thus far I've dodged pregnancy constipation and I'm worried adding iron will set that off again...

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

Tags
Floradix Iron Herb Tables Dietary Supplement 180 Count Tablets , Vitamins Supplements

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page