Confession Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2011, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just need to confess.  Super healthy kombucha and sprout eating me, just ate a corndog and cookies for lunchyummy.gifduck.gif

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 02:53 PM

Ah well, the hotdog was cooked, right?  Raw sprouts should be avoided too, since they can harbor bacteria!  The corndog was 'safer' ;)

I was eating pretty bad last wekk, so I am getting myself back into my normal eating habits again!

Meghan~~ Mommy to 4 kiddos with feet and one with a halo.  ribbonpb.gif Our rainbow1284.gif is due January 2012~
Old 05-23-2011, 02:54 PM

I cut down from 3+ cups of coffee per day to one, and should probably cut out that one, but I just can't do it. I need my coffee! That's my confession.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

Old 05-23-2011, 03:44 PM

I uh... haven't changed my eating habits at all?  I haven't for any of my PGs... even though I probably should!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 PM

Ugh, my confession? Most fruits, veggies, and dairy products are total yuck to me. Before I got pregnant I was dieting and working out for 2 hrs a day and doing sooo well. And now..baby hit and morning sickness causes me to not be hungry til about 10:30 am and when hunger hits I want cereals, carbs..everything bad it seems ): It's depressing me. and (I'm sure everyone will understand)..guys are always pretty open about bodily functions..I am NOT, females usually aren't. But I've been warning the father to stay away. It's embarrassing! Gas, constipation, bloating...I feel like a walking blimp. Not to mention my BOOBS! They HURT!! Ok. Rant over. Sorry!

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 05-23-2011, 06:18 PM

First, I was like "wait? sprouts are eating her?? WTF"......dizzy.gifpreggo brain already? 

Anyway, you're in good company. I *had* to have spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips the other day....you know, the one with cream cheese, sour cream AND mayo.....(ewww, that sounds really disgusting right now). I sent DH with the list because I can't food shop. Everything looks so gross, I get really nauseous and I end up buying frozen or pre-made food....which I *never* do. I bought Annie's pizza bites for me---like 4 boxes and all kinds of frozen stuff to feed the kids because I can't cook without getting sick either. A corn-dog sounds kinda good though! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 05-24-2011, 07:31 AM

I had two krispy kreme glazed donuts right before bed last night. I heated them in the oven til they got a little crispy on the outside. (just describing it made my mouth just fill up with saliva) I was in heaven. And I normal despise all bakery goods and sweets. A little indulgence wont do any harm. ;)

Old 05-24-2011, 10:17 AM

There is a box of fudgesicles in my freezer 2whistle.gif But in my defense I am getting over pneumonia and they were for my sore throat and sweet tooth!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:53 AM

Well, I did really well all day yesterday until a bowl of oce cream magically appeared in my hand after dinner!  I was good for dinner though, steak, brussel sprouts, cauliflower and a slice of bacon...nom!

Meghan~~ Mommy to 4 kiddos with feet and one with a halo.  ribbonpb.gif Our rainbow1284.gif is due January 2012~
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post

There is a box of fudgesicles in my freezer 2whistle.gif But in my defense I am getting over pneumonia and they were for my sore throat and sweet tooth!

damn, that sounds so good! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 05-24-2011, 12:05 PM

Serious preggo brain over here. I write and edit for a living and I can barely focus on a sentence. I drink a hot chocolate with skim milk and whipped cream! every day in place of my coffee. I miss coffee so much. And my breast hurt and I my pants are already uncomfortable when I am sitting at my desk. And the I have the dreaded "H" already. I can't even write it. I'm craving corn dogs now. eyesroll.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

(Oh man!  I did editing my last pregnancy and it was tough!  I think I actually fell asleep trying to rewrite a paper written by a non-native English speaker/writer.)

I normally make nearly all of my food from whole ingredients.  My staples now?  Top Ramen, white-flour bagels, Cheerios.   I even ate a whole, cheap frozen pizza for dinner the other day and it was GOOD!  Yes, that which would normally upset my stomach made me feel so much better.  Go figure.  Yesterday I had boxed macaroni and cheese with (cooked, nitrate-free) hot dog slices-- and peas to make it a little healthier. 

I'm looking forward for this stage to be over.  I want to have a little more energy to enjoy the weather and playing with my daughter, and to focus on eating healthier food again!

Tonight we're having salmon for dinner though.  And maybe some popcorn as my side.  So that's a little better.  ;)

--Dana

Old 05-25-2011, 12:56 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I'm in grad school, two weeks away from the beginning of final exam month (4 finals in 3 weeks, oh joy) and all I want to do is sleep. I sit in a catatonic state through most of my classes, get home, eat and fall asleep. How am I going to study when all I want to do is sleep?

What's the dreaded "H", by the way? Just wondering if there's something else to look forward to...

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:25 AM

I had a glass of coke and a bowl of frosted flakes for breakfast this morning *sigh* however I dont feel quite so full and bloated and uncomfy like normal so it works for me.

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
Old 05-25-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

What's the dreaded "H", by the way? Just wondering if there's something else to look forward to...

Hemorrhoids?

I've been eating out a ton.  The idea of preparing food... Yuk.  I seriously just gagged thinking about it.  greensad.gif  I've also been craving McDonald's cheeseburgers.  I'm normally not a fast food kind of gal, but McD's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut...  They're all calling me!

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 AM

I am in love with food that takes little to no prep right now. I just cant look at food. Makes me ill thinking of it!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
Old 05-25-2011, 08:45 AM

hotdogs (regular ones.  ball park beef franks!) are a protein staple for me right now.  toss in a whole wheat bun, wrap in a paper towel, microwave for 40 seconds... you just can't beat protein in under a minute. plus individual microwave servings of veggies.  i have also been eating more than my share of fast food and boxed macaroni products.  but overall I am pleased because I am still sort-of cooking, and one of my favorite fast food meals right now is a chicken strip salad from chick fil a - I figure any salad is better than no salad!  

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM

In the past week, I've had McDonald's for breakfast, massive cravings for steak fries swimming in ranch dressing, canned condensed chicken soup, and yesterday I ate a HUGE bowl of baby carrots and raw broccoli dipped in bleu cheese dressing.

I told DF that I wanted to go to our local minor league team's baseball game soon so I could have a hot dog smothered in mustard and onions and a big huge pretzel.  And the other night, I begged him to run to the grocery store at 11pm to get me those nasty prepackaged, full of preservatives brownies with the chunks of M&Ms on top. 

A friend of mine said the baby is eating all of my hippie-ness.  ;)

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

Old 05-25-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirdlady View Post

In the past week, I've had McDonald's for breakfast, massive cravings for steak fries swimming in ranch dressing, canned condensed chicken soup, and yesterday I ate a HUGE bowl of baby carrots and raw broccoli dipped in bleu cheese dressing.

I told DF that I wanted to go to our local minor league team's baseball game soon so I could have a hot dog smothered in mustard and onions and a big huge pretzel.  And the other night, I begged him to run to the grocery store at 11pm to get me those nasty prepackaged, full of preservatives brownies with the chunks of M&Ms on top. 

A friend of mine said the baby is eating all of my hippie-ness.  ;)

ok, i get all of this except the baby carrots and raw broccoli.  why is that a confession?  

I ate a hotdog and a pretzel AND a frozen pink lemonade at the Paul Simon concert on friday.  mmmmmm...

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 05-25-2011, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post

Hemorrhoids?

Oh.  Thanks for the translation.  So many things to look forward to!   jaw.gif

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:31 AM

Well, if you saw the mass amounts of bleu cheese dressing it was dipped in, it was far from healthy.  ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post

ok, i get all of this except the baby carrots and raw broccoli.  why is that a confession?  

I ate a hotdog and a pretzel AND a frozen pink lemonade at the Paul Simon concert on friday.  mmmmmm...

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 AM

well, healthier than say, potato chips :P  it's all relative!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:26 PM

Well, this isn't a food confession but it is a confession.  I secretly wish I was mandated to be on bedrest.  Just for the next month or so till I get through this morning sickness thing.  It is just so hard to go to work while sick 24/7.  I work in a bakery and all the smells and the physical labor are really getting to me.  Forgive me for those that are actually on bedrest and wish they weren't.  Hey, enjoy the downtime because the rest of us are jealous (at least me)!  sleepytime.gif

Old 05-25-2011, 03:18 PM

I am eating, as we speak....lunch meat!  Ahhhh!  It is cajun flavored chicken.  I don't normally eat lunchmeats at all, so it is weird for me.  But it was there and easy, so there ya go.

I also have some brie I will eat today, but I won't buy anymore after this is gone.  It is made with pastuerized milk, so technically it is safe, but still will try to avoid it the rest of pregnancy.  Well, except now I REALLY want some brie wrapped in puff pastry with some fruit preserves on top and baked....nom, nom, nom.  Hmmm, my son's birthday is today, do you think that would be a good birthday treat?  He likes it too :D

Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM

This thread makes me feel so much better about my eating habits LMBO! It seems like I'm hungry CONSTANTLY! The DBF (darling boyfriend) thinks I'm pregnant with multiples because of my appetite. It's killing me..I had lost a lot of weight and was dieting and now I feel sooo self conscious about being a blimp and blowing up. Ugh ):

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 05-26-2011, 03:24 PM

lol, this thread makes me giggle!  I wonder what it is about pregnancy that makes me eat like I did when I was 12?  All I want are ramens, mac & cheese and beefaroni (!?!?!).  Oh, and popsicles.

Mama to Ahnna-Bella (Dec 05) dust.gif, Harrison (Oct 08) kid.gif, and Kellan Wilder (Jan '12) baby.gif

Old 05-26-2011, 04:39 PM

DF just came home from work, and we were planning on having BLTs.  I negotiated with him that I would prepare the L and T if he dealt with the B, because I wouldn't be able to handle the smell.

He walked in the door, and in the next two minutes, someone made an oyster po'boy on the Food Network, and I officially had a po' boy craving.  Well, we don't really live in an area that has po'boys (and it's the wrong time of year for oysters anyway), so I whined for Long John Silver's, which is right down the street.  And then when he agreed, I told him that his embryo said "thank you."

Totally gross, especially since I grew up in the land of fresh seafood (Florida) and lived in Louisiana for awhile, but I think it'll hit the spot.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:25 PM

Today all I want to eat is Cheerios.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

Old 05-30-2011, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

All I want right now is a soft pretzel with cheese.  Thinking I may make dh drive by the ball park to see if any little league games are playing....

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia Starr View Post

I had two krispy kreme glazed donuts right before bed last night. I heated them in the oven til they got a little crispy on the outside. (just describing it made my mouth just fill up with saliva) I was in heaven. And I normal despise all bakery goods and sweets. A little indulgence wont do any harm. wink1.gif

OMG my stomach growled OUT LOUD reading that, good thing we don't have KK in Canada!

User Tag List