Belly photo's already?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay...is it just me or am I way to early for my first pregnancy to be showing. Or am I just getting bigger. Maybe I'm farther along than I thought, or maybe it really is twins. (or I'm just fatter) Gah...My pants don't fit and I have to use a hair-tie loopy thing to even wear them. :( Any comments?

Week 4.jpg

week 4

week 7.jpg

week 7

belly.gif Nova born on 12/15/11 
belly.gifCapri expected 1/26/14

#2 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

And those are both sucking in...

#3 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM

Whoa! As far as I know (I'm a first timer too) it's a little soon to be showing, but it's not too soon to have your pants fitting a bit tighter..I'm there with ya! I think now I'm further along than I originally thought..so confusing..

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#4 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM

My before (around BFP) and after belly (7 weeks) look exactly like yours so it's got to be all good! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#5 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM

well, the pooch is real, but the belly is not from the baby.  the uterus is still well hidden under your pubic bone (until about 12 weeks). the intestines are getting pushed out of the way by the expanding uterus though and that + bloating is what causes the early pooch.

sadly I look way bigger than that by nightfall.  I am 8 weeks and could pass for 16 at least when the day is done.  It's my 4th though.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah the first photo is my normal tummy. I have only gained a couple lbs. and both pictures where in the morning after using the bathroom but who knows. :) I'm just a little concerned. I have my first apt tomorrow and they will let me know how far along I am, since I am unsure about my dates. I've just been averaging them, my periods where all screwed up before hand. So I'll let you all know how tomorrow. :)

#7 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

thorn- that explains alot. :) Thanks. 

As for the last sentence I ment: I let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

#8 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 PM

I have an "organ pregnancy" too.  It's way up high, right under my ribs, but I have a really short torso.  The same thing happened when I was pregnant with DS.  I already decided to just give in and start wearing my maternity pants.  Most are WAY too big, but I have a pair of jeans and some cargo khakis with a drawstring that I'm much more comfy in than my non pregnancy clothes.

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#9 of 24 Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 PM

Well I'm jealous!  I'm pregnant for the second time but still have no signs of a baby belly.  I did break out my maternity pants once, but only because I was washing

my regular clothes.  It felt like cheating.  Enjoy your bumps!

--Dana

#10 of 24 Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post

I already decided to just give in and start wearing my maternity pants.  Most are WAY too big, but I have a pair of jeans and some cargo khakis with a drawstring that I'm much more comfy in than my non pregnancy clothes.

They aren't maternity, but I have two pairs of cargo capris that have an elastic waist and drawstring that are much more comfy than my regular stuff :-)

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#11 of 24 Old 05-24-2011, 06:21 AM

My bump started pooching, too.  It's a shame as we're going on vacation in two weeks and I'm going to be in a bikini the majority of the time.  Now I just look like I couldn't lay off the potato chips and beer!

We're already planning our next vacation around Thanksgiving and I plan on sharing the bump to the world in a bikini then too.  I have this thing about warm son on my full belly. :)

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#12 of 24 Old 05-24-2011, 06:25 AM

Well, its kinda hard to tell but I took this at about 6 weeks along. Im usually flat bellied so its real obvius to me. People keep thinking I am lying about how far along I am. I look more like 3 or 4 months, lol. This is my 6th though.6.jpg

#13 of 24 Old 05-24-2011, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Hey ladies, everything went great. I am 8 weeks exactly I guess! AND only one baby...so thankful for that. :) Yah! The doctor said everything is perfect.

#14 of 24 Old 05-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Kelsey that's great news about your dates and the singleton.  So exciting that things are perfect in there!

I'm only 5 weeks but starting to pouch a little.  I had a loss in feb. that i never really went back to my pre-pregnancy figure from so it makes sense to me that it's starting early again. I'll try to take some belly pics soon!

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#15 of 24 Old 05-24-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post

well, the pooch is real, but the belly is not from the baby.  the uterus is still well hidden under your pubic bone (until about 12 weeks). the intestines are getting pushed out of the way by the expanding uterus though and that + bloating is what causes the early pooch.

sadly I look way bigger than that by nightfall.  I am 8 weeks and could pass for 16 at least when the day is done.  It's my 4th though.

Right there with you. I am overweight and this is my 4th baby, I'm only 5 weeks but definitely having some issues buttoning my pants. It's not fat though, I've lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks from the nausea.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#16 of 24 Old 05-24-2011, 05:22 PM

I feel like I'm showing already too, but it's mostly just bloat at this point...my DH commented that my belly felt harder already and my upper stomach is puffing out with all the gas!  I'm 6.5 wks with #2.  My skinny cousin who's had 3 and still looks fabulous told me I'd probably be in maternity this time by 15 weeks, I laughed and said I'd be lucky to get to 8 wks w/o maternity pants!

treehugger.gifAP mama to lovable, energetic DS born 4/9/08, expecting #2 mid Jan 2012, wife to German Professor, friend to many. namaste.gif

#17 of 24 Old 05-24-2011, 09:26 PM

I've somehow gained a couple pounds already. I'm overweight so I've been watching my diet, especially since I found out. Not cutting calories, but just making sure I'm right around what I need to take in without extra calories. I think it is mostly bloating at this point. I've got a post c-section/giant baby stomach from last time, and things seem to be sticking out further than last go-round. My husband swears he can't tell, but I feel like I look four months pregnant.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#18 of 24 Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM

I'm 5w4d with number two and am super bloated and my intestines are all filled with gas bubbles and pushed up. I look normal in the AM but by 3 in the afternoon I look about four months. DH has noticed and thinks it's cute...I told him it's just gas and retained fluids...not so cute anymore!

#19 of 24 Old 05-25-2011, 01:36 PM

Speaking of growing bellies...I went to DD's pre K graduation today and my jeans were so uncomfortable with the gas and bloat...and we have some seriously weird weather. I went to Target today to get a belly band. They had taken all but a few maternity clothes out and filled it with clearance. Grr. I decided to go to the other Target in town, and they did the same thing. They don't even carry L or XL bands in the stores - only online. Talk about not knowing your demographic. I'll just go spend my money somewhere else, but with the hormones, I was getting a little hot under the collar.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#20 of 24 Old 05-25-2011, 01:47 PM

I don't think I am getting any baby belly yet.  My pants fit pretty much the same.  I had been working on losing weight though and some were getting too big.  I suppose that means I will be able to keep wearing regular pants longer since I have room to expand in them.  I am up 2-3 pounds or so, but I can't be sure if it is from pregnancy or eating junk since Easter :p

I do need to take some belly shots this week though!  I didn't take any with my last pregnancy and I regret that.

Meghan~~ Mommy to 4 kiddos with feet and one with a halo.  ribbonpb.gif Our rainbow1284.gif is due January 2012~
#21 of 24 Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Well 11 weeks...I think my bump is still bloating but the last few days it seems more permanent after bathroom visits and before meals. It's just kind of fun to look at and be way too excited, but a lot of you might have bumps so here's me bumping this forum. ;)

week 11. :) 
week 11.jpg

#22 of 24 Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Cute bump!  :) 

I caught a glance of my body from the side in a store window today and for the first time I actually looked kinda pregnant and not just fat (I'm at 9w4d with my first)!  Very exciting moment for me, I'll have to wear this outfit more often... :)

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#23 of 24 Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM

Omg a bump! So cute.  Excited for you for you both!  I just look a bit pudgy lol!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#24 of 24 Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 PM

lol im on my 2nd baby and i go a bump to i was so excited lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page