Who is finding out and who is waiting? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Providing there is just one we are going to be suprised. If its twins, I made a clause, that we will find out. I like the idea of waiting until the birth to find out what it is. With DD when we adopted, we knew she was going to be a girl so I like the idea of a suprise this time. I also *cough cough* may have already bought a gender neutral crib set at Target on Clearance.. it was normaly $179 and I found it for $35. And I LOVE it!!! I told DH if it is more than 1 we will be driving to every Target I can think of to find another, since the set was discontinued.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 09:18 AM

We'll be finding out. Though I'm 99% sure it's another girl. I'd be FLOORED if it was a boy. But I'd want to know.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:21 AM

With my first my husband really wanted to know...so we found out.  With my second I needed to mentally prepare if it was a boy...so we found out.  I just talked to the old man and he agreed we would find out at birth if we can come up a reasonable name list.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 06-03-2011, 12:11 PM

If it's a boy I want to be suprised. If it's a girl I want to find out (well, mainly DH wants to know!). So, since there isn't a third gender, haha, I guess we will find out at the u/s. I do want to have the tech write it down and put it in an envelope for us to find out later, though. I think it would be fun to let a bakery bake a cake with the gender color of icing, and us cut the cake later to find out what if it's a boy or a girl. It was too impersonal for the tech to just go "it's a boy" with DS. If we have a third I would love to wait to find out... I just have to convince DH!! :)

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:54 PM

I've seen the cake idea too and thought it was really cute!

Old 06-13-2011, 01:25 AM

We didn't find out with ds1 (not our choice, the tech lied when I asked and claimed it was too early) although we suspected when the doctor started saying 'he' after the ultrasound. Did find out with ds2 & tried to with ds3, but he wasn't having any of that. :) Definitely going to try to find out this time. This is definitely the last (dh wanted ds3 to be the last) and we both really, really want a girl. Hopefully it is & we can find out. It might even make telling certain people easier.

Not really having any feelings either way. Just too stressed.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I do not plan on having any ultrasounds, so we will not be finding out.  Husband and I want to be surprised!  And we also don't want any gender-specific clothes, so it works out great.  Gonna be lots of cream, yellow, green, orange, and rainbow stuff!  This is exciting. love.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 AM

We are waiting. I have found out with the past 6 babies and DH really wants to wait this time and I am ok with that. I will just get gender nuetral stuff for baby.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We will wait too! It's our first so it really just adds to the excitement... I, so far, am planning on being as low tech as possible, so really how would we find out? orngbiggrin.gif

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

User Tag List