June chat thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 138 Old 06-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies!  I'm a bit late to the party... I just saw this thread last night and it took a bit of catch-up reading.

I'm Diana and I'm 10 weeks 2 days pg with #2 and #3.  We have a 20 month old DS who is very easy-going, but very busy.  With the exhaustion and nausea, I've been having a bit of trouble keeping up with him.  

Regarding the PP period, I found it to be much easier than pregnancy.  By the end, I was just SO READY to be done, that anything seemed better.  DS latched well, woke to eat every 2 hours like clockwork, and I actually got more sleep than I did when I was pg.  I'd spend 10 hours in bed, then just lounge around the house all day.  I did have a few rough patches when people would come to visit.  I liked having company, but after about 30-45 minutes, I wanted them gone.  I cried in the kitchen one day because my MIL and FIL came on a scheduled visit, then my BIL showed up as well.  I remember telling DH to just get everyone out of the house NOW.  My mom was there also, but I don't count her as a visitor.  It didn't take much to overwhelm me for the first 3-4 weeks PP.  

I found it very helpful to have lots of meals pre-cooked in the freezer, and my mom and I plan on setting aside a few days this fall just to cook.  Also, don't sweat the small stuff.  I was constantly questioning how all my decisions would affect my baby later on.  Like, if I give him a boob every time he cries, will he ever learn to comfort himself?  If I give him a pacifier because I know he just needs to suck and not eat (and I had terrible thrush and the most painful nipples ever), will I be betraying his trust in me?  Is it okay to let him nap in his crib sometimes, or will he feel abandoned?  I drove myself nuts.  I felt unprepared for all the decisions I'd have to make.  Hundreds of decisions every day, and I didn't feel like I was equipped to make them.  But I was.  All mamas are.  You just trust yourself to do what's best for your baby, trust your baby to let you know what he needs, and just go with the flow.  I wasn't a helicopter mom, constantly hovering, but I just worried I wasn't doing the "right" thing.  

And remember to take care of yourself.  Get lots of sleep, eat often, drink a TON of water, and let the housework go.  I made the mistake initially of constantly feeling like I had to be doing something.  You don't.  Just relax.  Take a walk every day if you can, just to have a few minutes to yourself.  Let your DH or DP take care of the baby.  It's good for both of them.  I see so many stressed out mamas on here who don't let their partners help with their newborns.  It's their baby too.  No, they don't have boobs, but there are other ways to comfort a crying baby.  He won't do everything the way that you will, but don't criticize unless it's something harmful.

Wow...  I feel like I just delivered a lecture.  I'll get off my soapbox now...  lol.gif

Kismet - that's so awesome that you have an u/s picture already!  I know just being able to see a heartbeat makes me feel so much better.

I'll share mine too: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3Fv6RQVgHXI/Tda7H6ScXQI/AAAAAAAAAzU/gmnpsMRonGA/s1600/ultrasound.JPG  At the time (7 weeks 1 day), they were both measuring spot-on for dates, and both had good heartbeats (though I don't remember them).  

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 138 Old 06-07-2011, 10:06 AM

I am finally getting the ball rolling on a midwife search today and I'm excited. :)

#63 of 138 Old 06-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Awesome advice Diana! I have to agree. I told my husband I want NO visitors for the first 6 weeks. I don't care whos feelings I hurt. I don't need spectators while I am bleeding all over, trying to learn how to have 7 children, learning to breast feed this new little person, and being just very much hormonal PP chick lol. I see a psychologist and she even said it was reasonable lol.

I tour a midwife group/birth center tonight. I am so excited!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#64 of 138 Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 PM

Hi Diana! Fun to have a fellow Sept 09er here.  Glad you joined the chat thread and I LOVED your u/s pic. I wondered what twins would look like when I was at mine (although I was very relieved to obviously only see one). What an adventure you will have!  Good to find out early and be prepared, but I'm sure it will all be great.

GL with the MW search and the birth center tour ladies!

I so need to get into my MW search!  There are only a handful in our area and I know they book up fast.  I already have all the names, so I just need to search out the phone numbers and start calling. . .of course finding quiet time for phone calls with a toddler is not easy.  And our house is so small that when he naps I try not to be on the phone for fear of waking him. Oiy. 

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#65 of 138 Old 06-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Banned

I had my first official MW appointment yesterday at 10w5d.  Unfortunately, we did not get to hear the hb. It doesn't bother me very much because with my last dc I did completely unassisted prenatals and couldn't pick up a hb til well into my second trimester with a fetoscope.  I have another appointment scheduled in 3 weeks so I'm expecting to hear it then. I think this also confirms that my dates are never right, and I'm really 2 weeks behind where I'm supposed to be.

#66 of 138 Old 06-08-2011, 08:16 AM

Kismet - I'm a little nervous about having two newborns at once, but if they're both as easy as DS was, it shouldn't be all that difficult.  Tiring, yes, but he was a very contented baby.  If they both are colicky... Yikes.  horrors.gif

I think I am finally starting to get over my morning sickness (yay!!).  The past two mornings I haven't felt nauseous at all, though I did end up throwing up yesterday after pouring some not-too-fresh milk down the drain.  I'm still sensitive to smells, and obviously my stomach will rebel pretty easily, but no nausea or gagginess.  I was sick til about 18 weeks with DS, so an early end to morning sickness would be a very welcome gift.

mommyofalmost6 - I totally agree on imposing restrictions on guests.  My aunt and grandma are already talking about packing up and coming to visit (though they'd stay with my mom and not me) as soon as they hear I'm in labor.  I don't mind family visiting, or at least I don't think I will, but maybe 2 or 3 guests per week.  Last time, two of my best buddies from work (guys), showed up about 4 hours after I gave birth.  I was in the bathroom, and I told the nurse to make them leave.  She must have thought I was just talking nonsense, because I was pretty woozy from blood loss, since they came in right after I got out of the bathroom.  I love knowing that they cared so much about me, and that they were excited for me to have a baby, but OMG.  DH's mom hadn't even been there yet!  Oh well.  Learn from the mistakes, and do what is comfortable for you.  It sounds like you know what you need PP, and you only get one babymoon!

#67 of 138 Old 06-08-2011, 08:44 AM

Sorry if this post is too happy for some...

Well, I don't want to curse myself, and I really hope everything's OK, but my nausea seems to have gone away!   I woke up this morning feeling really, really good!  Then I stepped on the scale and I haven't gained weight this week!

My last pregnancy, I gained a total of 80 pounds.  So that's why I'm happy about seeing no weight change in a week.  Last time, it seemed like every time I stepped on the scale, I had gained 5 pounds.  (And yes, I know I need to gain weight and I will.  It's just a small miracle that this is happening and I'm enjoying it because it'll probably be the last time it happens).

Again, I'm hoping everything's OK.  I feel fine and I'm not spotting.  Just enjoying the small miracles!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#68 of 138 Old 06-08-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post

. . .of course finding quiet time for phone calls with a toddler is not easy.  And our house is so small that when he naps I try not to be on the phone for fear of waking him. Oiy. 

Good luck!! I know that struggle all too well lol.

#69 of 138 Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM

I did the birth center open house last night. I am in LOVE. They have queen size beds, rocking chairs and HUGE tubs in the rooms. Its perfect! I am so excited! I feel so much better about this birth now. The hospital has the lowest section rate in the state for their birth volume (4th in the state ranks) highest breast feeding rate, they encourage VBACS if a mama wants one and even in the regular L&D ward you will 99% of the time have a midwife at your feet. The OBs are there for special cases ect. Its SO perfect. I feel so good about this now.

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#70 of 138 Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofalmost6 View Post

I did the birth center open house last night. I am in LOVE. They have queen size beds, rocking chairs and HUGE tubs in the rooms. Its perfect! I am so excited! I feel so much better about this birth now. The hospital has the lowest section rate in the state for their birth volume (4th in the state ranks) highest breast feeding rate, they encourage VBACS if a mama wants one and even in the regular L&D ward you will 99% of the time have a midwife at your feet. The OBs are there for special cases ect. Its SO perfect. I feel so good about this now.

Wow, sounds perfect!!  I am so glad you found a place you are comfortable with... I'm sure it makes all the difference in the world!

So... I had thought I would have to fly back home on my own from Italy because DH had conferences to attend in July and couldn't make it to Europe.  I was pretty bummed and worried about having to carry two huge suitcases by myself on the bus, the train, and the airplane.  This morning I woke up and SURPRISE!  DH will be here on June 30th, just in time for my graduation, and then we get to spend two weeks traveling around Italy before flying home TOGETHER!!  I am the happiest person ever!  love.gif  I guess all my e-mails to him about how big my boobs are getting had their intended effect!  thumb.gif

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#71 of 138 Old 06-09-2011, 11:17 AM

HAHAHA!  Congrats!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#72 of 138 Old 06-09-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Yay.  .sounds perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

Wow, sounds perfect!!  I am so glad you found a place you are comfortable with... I'm sure it makes all the difference in the world!

So... I had thought I would have to fly back home on my own from Italy because DH had conferences to attend in July and couldn't make it to Europe.  I was pretty bummed and worried about having to carry two huge suitcases by myself on the bus, the train, and the airplane.  This morning I woke up and SURPRISE!  DH will be here on June 30th, just in time for my graduation, and then we get to spend two weeks traveling around Italy before flying home TOGETHER!!  I am the happiest person ever!  love.gif  I guess all my e-mails to him about how big my boobs are getting had their intended effect!  thumb.gif

woohoo! So glad that worked out. . .and yes, those DHs do seem to love the big-boobs of pg. LOL

Nothing new here.  Just wondering if I will indeed be able to hold out on telling people till after 12wks.  I don't know. I'll be 8wks tomorrow and I already want to tell people and feel like my "beer-gut" is going to start giving me away.  I keep wondering if there is anything that would come up at the 12wk scan we're doing that would make me wish I had NOT told anyone yet. . .?  Even if we are given a high risk for Down's I feel in my heart pf hearts that I couldn't choose termination.  And if they found something else terribly wrong than I would want the support, right?  I guess maybe it's just that if there is something wrong, we'd like the space to make a decision and tell people on our own time and not have people already clamoring to ask "how was the u/s?"  For some reason this is a hard choice for me. . .the privacy vs. the sharing.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#73 of 138 Old 06-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post

Nothing new here.  Just wondering if I will indeed be able to hold out on telling people till after 12wks.  I don't know. I'll be 8wks tomorrow and I already want to tell people and feel like my "beer-gut" is going to start giving me away.  I keep wondering if there is anything that would come up at the 12wk scan we're doing that would make me wish I had NOT told anyone yet. . .?  Even if we are given a high risk for Down's I feel in my heart pf hearts that I couldn't choose termination.  And if they found something else terribly wrong than I would want the support, right?  I guess maybe it's just that if there is something wrong, we'd like the space to make a decision and tell people on our own time and not have people already clamoring to ask "how was the u/s?"  For some reason this is a hard choice for me. . .the privacy vs. the sharing.

You could always tell them about the pregnancy if you want to, and not the upcoming ultrasound so you can keep your space and privacy about that.

#74 of 138 Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 PM

I had my ultrasound yesterday, showed one baby with a strong little heartbeat, measuring exactly where I was expecting from date of ovulation. At first the tech was concerned but I explained that I know my LMP makes me 8.5 weeks but that I am 100% certain I ovulated on day 21 which makes me 7.5 weeks. Changed my edc in the computer to the one I thought it was in the first place. So I'm officially due 1/22, and that means exactly nothing because the baby will come when s/he wants anyway. I am assuming I'll have a baby sometime in January. wink1.gif

Anyway it was a good appointment, relieved there is only one baby and glad my dates are finally "settled" in terms of my prenatal care!

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#75 of 138 Old 06-10-2011, 01:47 PM

Yay Beansproutmama!  So glad it went well and you saw your little one!

I too know I ovulated late, so I just lied about my LMP, so I didn't have to try and explain every time that yes, I know when I ovulated, blah, blah. And I measured exactly right.

#76 of 138 Old 06-12-2011, 02:27 PM

Re: ovulation dates: I wasn't sure when I ovulated OR when my last period started, but I was pretty sure on conception date so I just worked backwards from there and gave them a "LMP" based on that.  Ultrasound agreed with me on this.  I wonder how many people do it this way.  It really seems like those little due date wheels should be able to do date of conception too.

Re: PP visitors:  with my son, we said no visitors for the first two months.  This was mainly to deter some of my relatives who were hell bent on visiting right away and who would NOT have been helpful at all to first time parents trying to figure things out at our own speed.  My family is about as mainstream as you can get with child birth and rearing and they are also extremely vocal about their opinions.  I thought about it a lot and realized my options were either a) tell them ahead of time that they couldn't come and have one less thing to stress about or b) let them come, take on all that extra stress, and possibly have a huge falling out as a result.  I went with choice A and have not regretted it.

But this time around, we are hoping to have family visit pretty close to right away.  My husband isn't covered by FMLA anymore (job change since last baby) and he absolutely cannot lose his job, so we don't know if he is going to get to stay home with me at all.  And the idea of being at home by myself with a 1 or 2 week old baby and a toddler... to me, that is the stuff of nightmares.  This time I'll take any warm body over no help at all, thank you very much.

Fortunately, my in-laws are VERY helpful people and very, very accepting of our parenting choices, and I think they will be happy to come stay for some of those early weeks, and I'll be happy to have them.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#77 of 138 Old 06-13-2011, 09:39 PM

I did the same thing with my conception date.  Just counted backwards ultrasound was spot on.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#78 of 138 Old 06-14-2011, 03:51 AM

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Lisa & this will be my 4th. I've had multiple early miscarriages, I stopped counting around 10, but none after 7 weeks and I'm over 10 weeks now. I have 3 boys. The oldest 2 will be turning 10 & 6 in the next couple months & the youngest is 27 mths.

This pregnancy was completely unplanned and a real shock, especially since dh nearly died last year and had an uncountable number of unshielded abdominal CT scans & cholangiograms. Lots of radiation. He's still not completely recovered and really not happy about the pregnancy, but I'm sure he'll adore the baby once it's here. And if it does end up being a girl, I suspect he'll be over the moon. Either way, this is my last baby.

I've had one unnecessarian and 2 UBAC's. I'm actually considering a solo birth this time, but we'll see how it goes.

I've told my Twitter followers and a few people on FB. I've also told my eldest and dh told his dad. I haven't told my middle son or my family. To tell the truth, I'm terrified to tell my mother. I waited until 25 weeks to tell her with ds3. Lately ( including tonight) she's been going on about how I must be so happy/relieved to be nearly done with diapers. I know she's going to freak out. It doesn't help we have no car and hers is only a 5 seater so we already can't all go somewhere together. I've actually considered trying to pull off the whole didn't know I was pregnant thing. Ds1 suggested I hide the baby under my shirt when she comes in. lol

If we could just get a car of our own & a decent income, I think she'd freak less. Dh is unable to work and I'd like something I can do from home, but legit jobs are hard to find. I've done a lot of studying to be a midwife, but can't get practical experience and that's not really a career to try to start up while pregnant/ post partum anyway.

Guess I'm just going to have to win the lottery. smile.gif

And now it's very late and I should have gone to sleep an hour ago, so zzzzzzzz

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#79 of 138 Old 06-14-2011, 04:08 AM

Apparently I will be unable to sleep until I mention, at risk of having roten tomatoes thrown, that I greatly dislike Ina May. I started reading 1 of her books and was so disturbed I couldn't finish it. I will also never be able to forget the harm she caused a lot of women with her stance on women with single layer closure when she declared it to dangerous to have a VBAC unless you had a double layer.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#80 of 138 Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 AM

OK seriously, I am ready for the totally drained feeling to pass. I am really tired of just being tired. And I am so dang hormonal and emotional more then normal its driving me batty.

Just had to put that out there :)

#81 of 138 Old 06-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:

OK seriously, I am ready for the totally drained feeling to pass. I am really tired of just being tired. And I am so dang hormonal and emotional more then normal its driving me batty.

I am sooooo with you here.  I am ready for the second tri already!

#82 of 138 Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:

I'm so sorry you're feeling that way. :(  2nd trimester is just around the corner!  Is there something nice you can do for yourself to help you feel better?

I feel your pain... I'm irrationally grumpy and irritated most of the time (probably due to hormone-induced insomnia), I hate being around people, loud people annoy me, and I thought my m/s was getting better but I've been nauseous all morning.  Yesterday I ate two tiny pieces of chocolate for the first time since I got pregnant (because I had a total aversion) and they made me want to barf.  Chocolate!  Why chocolate????  Grad school and 1st trimester will be over at the same time, and I get to see DH again.  Talk about a reason to celebrate!!!

#83 of 138 Old 06-15-2011, 05:50 AM

I'm starting to wonder how often family size is linked to severity of morning sickness!  I thought I wanted 4 or 5, but I have been feeling so awful this whole pregnancy (my 2nd) that I don't think I can go through this again!  And still only 9 weeks...even if this ends with the first trimester, that's still another month...ugh...

#84 of 138 Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

I feel your pain... I'm irrationally grumpy and irritated most of the time (probably due to hormone-induced insomnia)...

Insomnia?  Wow, that must be awful.  Every time I've been pregnant, I'm sooo tired I feel like I could just sleep forever.  Luckily, my DH is awesome and lets me sleep til 9 every morning (though I don't get to bed til 11:30 pm, since I work second shift).  DS also started mostly sleeping through the night (joy.gif) so I think I'm also trying to make up for the past 20 months of cruddy, interrupted sleep.

#85 of 138 Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 AM

I'm having a hard time with actually feeling pregnant, and I keep getting myself so overworked and worried that somethings going to go wrong.
:( I haven't felt pregnant at all this whole time, and I feel more like I have a yucky cold that's running down my body...it's hard for me to believe that the baby is actually okay and still growing. I just want to be showing so I know it's okay and even than there's so many scary thoughts.
I have a doctors apt this next Tuesday, but I don't know what they're going to do, it's my 12 weeks. And here in Utah (to my understanding, what they told me) they only do a 20 weeks ultrasound covered by insurance that one time. Which is good because of the health issues us present...but I got away with an 8 week one because it was deemed medically necessary since I had no clue about the dates at all. But that ultrasound made me feel better for the last 3ish weeks so I just want one every 4 weeks. Selfish I know. 
But I'm just so scared, I have never been pregnant before and this was a surprise and not planned. But now me and my husband have gotten so excited all of that doesn't matter and all that does matter is that in the end of this year we have a sweet baby to hold.
How do I deal with this? How do I know my baby is okay and still growing...I haven't had any ms at all, or anything that's made me feel pregnant (besides the ups and downs that make me feel insane).

belly.gif Nova born on 12/15/11 
belly.gifCapri expected 1/26/14

#86 of 138 Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post

Insomnia?  Wow, that must be awful.  Every time I've been pregnant, I'm sooo tired I feel like I could just sleep forever.  Luckily, my DH is awesome and lets me sleep til 9 every morning (though I don't get to bed til 11:30 pm, since I work second shift).  DS also started mostly sleeping through the night (joy.gif) so I think I'm also trying to make up for the past 20 months of cruddy, interrupted sleep.

Ooooh, I am so jealous!!  (but in a good way!)  I fall asleep no problem, but since I became pregnant I get up to pee at least three times a night (even though I stop drinking water at 5pm) and then at 2am I wake up for good and lie in bed for hours... I fall back asleep around 5am but have to get up at 6:30 for a full day of school.  *sigh*  I'm hoping it's a first trimester thing.  And I know I won't be getting sleep once the baby comes, which makes me feel miserable in the middle of the night.  Sleep an extra hour for me!!!

#87 of 138 Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseywhitney View Post

I'm having a hard time with actually feeling pregnant, and I keep getting myself so overworked and worried that somethings going to go wrong.
:( I haven't felt pregnant at all this whole time, and I feel more like I have a yucky cold that's running down my body...it's hard for me to believe that the baby is actually okay and still growing. I just want to be showing so I know it's okay and even than there's so many scary thoughts.
I have a doctors apt this next Tuesday, but I don't know what they're going to do, it's my 12 weeks. And here in Utah (to my understanding, what they told me) they only do a 20 weeks ultrasound covered by insurance that one time. Which is good because of the health issues us present...but I got away with an 8 week one because it was deemed medically necessary since I had no clue about the dates at all. But that ultrasound made me feel better for the last 3ish weeks so I just want one every 4 weeks. Selfish I know. 
But I'm just so scared, I have never been pregnant before and this was a surprise and not planned. But now me and my husband have gotten so excited all of that doesn't matter and all that does matter is that in the end of this year we have a sweet baby to hold.
How do I deal with this? How do I know my baby is okay and still growing...I haven't had any ms at all, or anything that's made me feel pregnant (besides the ups and downs that make me feel insane).

Hey kelsey, this might sound nutty, but even though I had tons of symptoms I also spent the first few weeks worrying something would go wrong.  What has helped me ENORMOUSLY has been doing positive affirmations.  Every time I get a negative thought into my head, I immediately exchange it for a positive one, such as: "My baby is strong, healthy, and beautiful."  I repeat it over and over again in my head, and sometimes even out loud if nobody's around.  It's almost like turning the page in a magazine.  It took me a while to "buy" into it, but now it's just automatic and it has made such a difference.  Your tummy is clearly growing, from what the pictures show, and your u/s was perfectly normal, right?  All great signs (the ups and downs and the exhaustion are big signs of pregnancy hormones at work, so take that as a positive thing).  Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be sporting a lovely tummy before you know it and the baby will be kicking up a storm.  Have faith in Nature. Look around you and see how many people were created in the same way your baby is being created... And feel free to vent here!  HUGS!!

#88 of 138 Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 AM

Kelsey - just to ease your fears (hopefully!)...I've had two perfectly healthy babies grow inside me and not ONE symptom for either pregnancy.  Seriously.  I felt dizzy once with my daughter.  And I felt a hot flash once with my son.  It's so easy to think there's a problem if you don't "feel" pregnant, but not everybody "feels" it the same way.  Once you get to the point of hearing the heartbeat at appointments it might alleviate some of your worries...at least, it does for me.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#89 of 138 Old 06-15-2011, 11:05 AM

Can I just complain here for a minute?  My hips, pelvis and sacrum hurt SOOOO bad.  Every night I go to bed and I am so uncomfortable that I toss and turn all night.  I wake up with aching teeth and a sore jaw every morning due to clenching my jaw in my sleep from the pain.  I remember this at the end of my 3rd trimester with dd2, but do I have to put up with this the whole pregnancy???  I'm keeping up with my yoga and applying heat and I just can't afford a whole pregnancy worth of chiro care.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

On a more positive note my morning sickness seems to be mostly gone!  It started right at four weeks though, so I did get a good month and a half of it in.  Still tired, grumpy and have huge aching boobs though, so I know I'm still pg.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#90 of 138 Old 06-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am still so sick. 4 weeks so far of throwing up and feeling exhausted. I am just hoping that maybe it will lighten up before the end of the first trimester..... doing this for another 5 ish weeks just seems like torture.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page