Questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are expecting our first. What cream works best for stretch marks that is natural/organic?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 AM

Hi,

I used whatever belly balm Burt's Bees has, and I did not have any stretch marks with my 1st pregnancy. However, I heard from many, many sources, that no cream can help those marks, some just get lucky not to get them (I had a very small baby and a very small belly, perhaps that was it). And if you do get them, they are there to stay, as beautiful mementos of your expecting months... I guess it's easy to say this with no marks (yet), but one can look at it as something beautiful too.

I know Weleda and Dr. Hauschka also have some things you can pamper your belly with, so for the purpose of pampering, I'd also recommend those.

stillheart.gifwife to M (36), mommy to M Zs (May 2009) and B D (Oct 2013)angel1.gif 4.5wks Feb 2011, angel1.gif 9.5wks June 2011, angel1.gif 9.5wks Nov 2011, angel1.gif 7.5wks Oct 2012.

#3 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 AM

Drink lots and lots of water. I'm going to try coconut oil this time around. It can't hurt anything to give it a shot. :)

#4 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 AM

I agree with Maszat...lots of reports state that no creams help.  You either get them or you don't.  If you get them, consider it a "badge" of courage.  If anything, probably just a normal moisturizer would help with the occasional itching.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#5 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 12:37 PM

Lush makes great body lotion bars with all natural ingredients inculding coco butter and they smell great!  I gained a lot of weight with my first and had a huge belly with many stretch marks that are pretty light and not very noticeable now:)

#6 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've also heard the creams don't make a difference.  It's a genetic thing, and unfortunately I have the stretch mark genes!  They look way darker at first, but then fade and aren't that noticeable.  Creams can be nice for the pampering and relaxation either way and certainly won't hurt.  I also used the Burt's Bees brand, but as I mentioned, I did get stretch marks!

--dana

#7 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Me too.  Lots of them.  Really, though, it is kinda cool to look down and have a reminder of which side my DD preferred to be on (left side...stretch marks are higher).  They do fade over time.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#8 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM

Trofolastin http://www.pharmamundi.com/baby/baby-maternity/trofolastin-anti-stretch.html/

is the only cream that research has shown to prevent stretch marks. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-2494.1991.tb00547.x/abstract

I don't have access to the full ingredient list, so I don't know how they would rate on, say, the Skin Deep database.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#9 of 9 Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 PM

I've heard great things about Earth Mama Angel Baby belly oil.  I'm only in my 7th week though so I don't have any personal experience with it yet other than it smells great!

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page