"Excuse me?!" A thread to vent about all the weird, rude and inappropriate things people have said about your pregnancy - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 127 Old 09-22-2011, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I actually don't know which of these two comments compliment me whenever I am asked how far along I am being pregnant and I answered 5 months.

1. " Why it seems small? " (Do I look undernourished?)

2. " Why is it big?" (Should I diet?)

I actually don't know how to answer both question and which one to believe (small or big)  or maybe it is in the way it's being delivered since I encounter having both comments from two different person that sounds rude :)

#122 of 127 Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 AM

I work with a LOT of customers, some of which are pregnant..not unusual..and I really try hard to refrain from saying anything "oh you're so __" I usually just say something like oh my gosh you look so cute!! When are you due? (: lol. And then we talk about our baby bumps. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#123 of 127 Old 09-24-2011, 11:10 AM

OK, I've got a good one.  We are at a soccer game this morning and my in-laws are talking to a friend of theirs.  My FIL mentions the baby and out of nowhere dd1 pops up and says "Mom likes the names Fiona Meadow and Penelope Snow for the baby", then the lady says "Well, I'm not sure if Penelope would appreciate you when she's an adult".  I then turn to dd1 and nicely say "honey, we don't mention our possible name choice to people, b/c they may say rude things and we really don't appreciate that."  (Loud enough that she could hear me of course) Then I walked away.  rolleyes.gif

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#124 of 127 Old 09-24-2011, 12:27 PM

^^^ Which is why I *never* speak the name to anybody but my partner before the child is born and named. People are just asses!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#125 of 127 Old 09-24-2011, 02:21 PM

Yeah, I never talk about it IRL except for to my kids, dh and my mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

^^^ Which is why I *never* speak the name to anybody but my partner before the child is born and named. People are just asses!

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#126 of 127 Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_bella1050 View Post

OK, I've got a good one.  We are at a soccer game this morning and my in-laws are talking to a friend of theirs.  My FIL mentions the baby and out of nowhere dd1 pops up and says "Mom likes the names Fiona Meadow and Penelope Snow for the baby", then the lady says "Well, I'm not sure if Penelope would appreciate you when she's an adult".  I then turn to dd1 and nicely say "honey, we don't mention our possible name choice to people, b/c they may say rude things and we really don't appreciate that."  (Loud enough that she could hear me of course) Then I walked away.  rolleyes.gif

Way to go!!  orngbiggrin.gif

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#127 of 127 Old 12-15-2011, 07:53 PM

I had to bump this up..

Twice now at work I've been asked if I'm having twins. TWINS! My belly really is not that big..I'm measuring pretty spot on. The first time I was asked was a while ago but on Wednesday a woman says "Oh my you're HUGE! Are you having twins?" Her daughter (adult) was there to say "No mom! She's freakin' due!" Like really? The ONLY time it is EVER appropriate to ask a woman if she's having twins is if she's in labor and pushing out the second child. Just totally not OK. How about "oh congrats" or "good luck" or "when are you due?" People. 

Then of course, throughout the semester/pregnancy I've had people tell me how I should raise my child (involving her father, etc) and I just LOVE the questions: are you with the father? why aren't you with the father? what happened? what did he do? do you talk to him still? And it goes on and on and on..why does anyone think that's appropriate? I don't openly share any of that information. Some of you on here if you've followed my 'story' are..and my some very close friends and family. But not even all of my family knows what happened. They don't need to. I just don't see how people think it's alright to ask those kind of questions. 

/Rant over. (:

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page