If you had 2+ of 1 gender then 1 of the other - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-14-2011, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
did your symptoms change?

I've had 3 boys and with all of them I had nausea once or twice, I gagged nearly every time I brushed my teeth and I had horrible heartburn from early on

This time I can't keep prenatals down, I feel utterly lethargic, no heartburn, no gagging doing my teeth and I have a zit for the first time in about 5 years. Maybe even longer.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I figured I'd ask and see what people had to say.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 06-14-2011, 06:20 AM

lurk.gif I'm curious about this too. I've had two boys and although of course I'd be happy with another boy, I'd love to have another girl to even things out. DD also really wants a sister.

With DD I had a lot of nausea but no vomiting, and I was more tired than I've ever been in my life.  I had a lot of cravings with her too.  With my boys I had some vomiting but it didn't seem like I was nauseated ALL the time with them, the way I was with DD. With DD I had horribly sore breasts and with my boys I didn't have that at all.

On the other hand it seems like my morning sickness has just tended to get worse with each subsequent pregnancy regardless of gender, and I'm wondering if the worse nausea this time around means nothing except that this is my 4th pregnancy.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#3 of 10 Old 06-14-2011, 07:33 AM

I had two girls first, then a boy.  The first pregnancy, I vomited everything for the first 4 months, felt horrible, and then was fine.  Second pregnancy, all was fine until the last two months, when I felt like getting up to go to the bathroom was a chore.  The third one (boy) was a breeze, for the most part, but I had other, very stressful stuff going on in my life that I had to focus on, and I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

This one, I've had some nausea, but very little actual vomiting.  My boobs are more sore than they've ever been.  I am EXHAUSTED, and at the end of what would normally be a normal-activity day for me, I feel like I've been hit by a truck, which hasn't happened with previous pregnancies.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#4 of 10 Old 06-14-2011, 01:45 PM

so far i just have the two girls. i would love a boy of course, but i'm not counting on one. lol. this pg is different though- tons more nausea mainly, but when i say tons, i mean TONS. thankfully i've only thrown up once, but i think that's just because i'm stubborn and i hold it in if i can. i really feel awful, and i don't remember feeling this bad with the two previous pgs. of course it could mean nothing at all, lol. also my breasts are not sore like they were with the last two.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#5 of 10 Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 PM

I have 2 girls then a boy. Never really had MS with any of them. I think I threw up 2 times with my first and that's it. This time around I have all-day-nausea, Super tired. I feel like I'm breaking out like a teen. No heartburn which I always have, I'm assuming that will come later.

So from the looks of it I must be having an alien or a puppy??

#6 of 10 Old 06-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have 2 girls and 1 boy. My pregnancies did not vary by the sex of the baby. I had a girl first, then boy, then girl. Instead, I found that my symptoms were simply stronger each time.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#7 of 10 Old 06-18-2011, 05:24 PM

I'm in the same boat as you Deva... I have 3 boys and those pregnancies were SO easy, no nausea, no being overly tired (until the end), I felt basically normal.  This time?  I am EXHAUSTED and I just feel... ick.  I hope it is a girl but I am trying not to get my hopes up...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#8 of 10 Old 06-18-2011, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm really, really trying not to get my hopes up. It's so hard not to, though when this time is so different. My 2nd & 3rd pregnancies were actually easier than my 1st, except for the increasingly early issues with my pelvis. This one is so different, though.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#9 of 10 Old 06-18-2011, 09:43 PM

Well, I have 3 girls and 2 boys. And the symptoms of my pregnancies differed depending on the sex of the baby I was carrying. With a boy, I have constant nausea or vomiting, no real tiredness, and I had the pregnancy "glow" the whole time and looked great. With a girl, I don't have morning sickness but I am tired all the time and look like crap for the duration of the pregnancy, lol. So for me, yes I can tell what I am having based on my symptoms. I

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#10 of 10 Old 06-19-2011, 10:59 AM

Yeah, it is really hard not to read too much into things... 10 weeks until we can find out!!  

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page