Maternity Underwear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ever since baby #2, I've always carried very low.  Maternity pants and underwear that sit under the belly never work for me, because I spend 90% of my time trying to keep them yanked UP.  I tried over-the-belly maternity underwear from Old Navy last pregnancy, but I couldn't keep the butt parts to stay put. 

My regular underwear is digging into my lower belly when I sit down, so it's time to go searching for maternity stuff...

Anyone have recommendations for good over-the-belly maternity underwear that stays put?

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#2 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I wish I could help, but this is my first pregnancy so I have no idea.  However, I am secretly hoping that other mamas will respond and will also include info about maternity BRAS.  Mine no longer fit at all (34DD, still fits fine around the back, but boobs are bursting out of the cups!), and are really uncomfortable.  I was going to get a nursing bra, but my friends all told me that it would be pointless because when my milk comes in, the nursing bra won't fit either.  I need something comfortable, though.  These things hurt!

Good luck with your underwear search, redbirdlady! innocent.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#3 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

At least I can help on the bras!  ;)  I sized up to the next cup size this past week, in just a regular bra.  (Normally a 36D, went with a DD and my boobs are SO much happier.)

Nursing bras were always too much of a pain for me, so I got rid of them all and just use regular ones and pull up the cup.  Not everyone agrees with that, though.  Mine always get a cup size bigger right when my milk comes in, then, within a month, are back down to whatever size they are during my pregnancy.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#4 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh, this is very helpful!  Thank you!! smile.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#5 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 01:20 PM

Maternity underwear, I found some at Motherhood last pregnancy but I dont remember what exactly they were :( I think I had found some comfy ones at Target too.

Bras, I swear by my Medela bras. Worth the cost! They last and are comfy. I always go with the non underwired ones. I also love their sleep bra. Its So soft and comfy and easy to use at night.

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#6 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 01:47 PM

I checked out a Motherhood store IRL and saw that they carried underwear. Might be worth checking out since I didn't look too close. I did have to buy some new undies at Target and I just went up a size.

#7 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirdlady View Post

Ever since baby #2, I've always carried very low.  Maternity pants and underwear that sit under the belly never work for me, because I spend 90% of my time trying to keep them yanked UP.  I tried over-the-belly maternity underwear from Old Navy last pregnancy, but I couldn't keep the butt parts to stay put. 

My regular underwear is digging into my lower belly when I sit down, so it's time to go searching for maternity stuff...

Anyone have recommendations for good over-the-belly maternity underwear that stays put?

lmao, no real advice, but this part made me lmao!

oh wait, i have some seamless underwear that fit great. no seam to bother the under part of the belly, but they're low cut so you don't have to try and coordinate the front and back. maybe something like that would work? i got mine from old navy, but i dont think they have them there anymore. i might have to check and see  now!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#8 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 04:18 PM

For underwear, I got some Hanes Cotton Stretch bikinis last time.  They sit low enough on me that it was under the belly, and the butt stayed put.  I got one size up later in preg, bc my legs and butt got bigger.  They are 95% cotton and 5% spandex.

For bras, I got some Hanes T-shirt bras with no underwire during last preg.  I did go up a cup size during preg.  They were soft cotton feel and didn't dig in under the boobs/over the belly.  Now that i'm nursing DS while preg, I just wear nursing bras so far (motherhood brand).

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#9 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 04:25 PM

Maybe some microfiber ones?  Those always stay put on my thushie even when under the belly. 

I usually use nursing bras for the first couple of months and then after that just switch to a regular bra and just pull it down.  I love the Bravado nursing bras, they are $$, but they are comfy and they are flexible on sizing.  I can still wear mine even when I am full with milk and almost a cup size bigger.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page