Cramping? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 06-16-2011, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I observed I had frequent cramping at 4 to 6 weeks that 7 to 8 weeks. This week I seldom have cramping even mild cramps. Is it normal? Is it better to feel cramps than no cramps at all

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had cramping from about week 7 to week 9.  Then it all stopped and I haven't felt any cramping since.

Every one is different...some feel cramping, some don't feel any at all.  If you experience cramping with any bleeding, you may wish to call your care provider (if you have one).  But cramping by itself early in pregnancy is pretty normal.

Sprat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, the most loving and gentle man in the world, our little Sprout, and now someone new!
#3 of 10 Old 06-16-2011, 09:03 AM

I feel cramping every time my toddler  nurses and I think it's pretty normal unless there is bleeding, like wombjuice said.

#4 of 10 Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have been having so much cramping this time around. It's really annoying. It does seem to be lessening, but for a few weeks there it was really intense and near daily.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#5 of 10 Old 06-17-2011, 08:14 AM

I've had cramping here and there, more so before 9 weeks. I usually spot right after..but it's just brown discharge. The same thing happened the last two pregnancies. We had an ultrasound and the baby is looking good! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#6 of 10 Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 PM

I think cramping is pretty normal. I had pretty bad cramping but just on my one side and when we had our ultrasound she found a cyst. It will go away on its own but there can be so many reasons why women have cramps, if your overly concerned I would just get it checked out.

#7 of 10 Old 06-17-2011, 01:24 PM

I had cramps from 7-8.5 weeks but was a bit freaked because i had some spotting too. I think now it was normal, but at the time it could easily have been the beginning of a m/c. we had the u/s at 9 weeks and all seems well so...maybe it was stretching or is suspected a uti too

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#8 of 10 Old 06-17-2011, 04:09 PM

I've had period-like cramping with all three of my pregnancies. Usually at the beginning (4-6 wks) but I noticed that I was having some yesterday as well. I think it is normal.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

#9 of 10 Old 06-19-2011, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 11 w 5 d and having severe cramping just below my belly button which seems to be in a straight line of pain from hip to hip. Is this normal. I just lay here and cry wanting it to go away. There's no blood, but it just hurts soooooo  bad. Sometimes it shoots pain down to my lower tummy and I can see my heartbeat at the top of my tummy where its throbbing.

Nova 12/11
Capri 1/14
Camry 11/15.
#10 of 10 Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Mine leaves me crying in pain too. I actually think it's contractions, not cramping. My "cramps" were 10 minutes apart for awhile last night. I'm pretty sure it's from dehydration. On Monday I had massive cramping after a big shopping trip. I'd barely drank anything before I left and ds1, ds3 & I shared a bottle of iced tea over the 2+ hours we were shopping. Yesterday was a lot hotter than it had been for days and I only had a couple bottles of water.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page