The Nursing While Pregnant Thread... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2011, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have one of those avid nursers, was hn kids. Now she is gettign eye teeth and we're moving cross country in two weeks. she nurses ALL.NIGHT.LONG and two night ago i didnt sleep till 5 am. But when i lost it and wouldn't nurse her again after just nursing she cried and screamed for an hour before dh got ehr to sleep then she sobbed in her sleep for hours. It's not a good time, I'm just going to suck it up. I know my kid, and unfortunately I am not sure if she is even nightweanable, I wish she were mellower...the more i refuse, the more she will want it. I did see some awesome gentle suggestions my friends have used from dr. jay gordon. if you google "dr. jay gordon weaning" you'll get the article. good luck mamas.

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Any other things you gals are doing to supplement your milk drying up?
Just giving cow's milk.

I've been letting him ask me when he wants to nurse, but he went a few days without request so I asked him last night before bed if he'd like to nurse and he shook his head no. greensad.gif Broke my heart! My tandem dreams are dead. At least I can be proud of our 18 months and live under the illusion that he's in control of stopping.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012

User Tag List