Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   January 2012 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16935-january-2012/)
-   -   feeling the baby move in your 2nd pregnancy (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16935-january-2012/1318524-feeling-baby-move-your-2nd-pregnancy.html)

proud2bemommy 06-20-2011 10:55 PM

so this is my 2nd viable pregnancy and iw as just wondering how early you woman who have already had a healthy 2nd pregnancy felt baby move im 11 wks 4 days andi cant wait i felt my baby at 14 weeks with my daughter and i heard you feel things sooner with your 2nd can you feel it sooner than 14 weeks?? please any comments would be nice :)

danamichele 06-20-2011 11:30 PM

I felt the baby just before 11 weeks, but I haven't felt it definitively since (now I'm 12 weeks).  I was sitting on my side but propped up watching a movie, and I could feel a turning sensation.  I felt my first baby, I think, in week 14 or 15.  So it should be anytime!  I definitely know what I felt, even though I was so surprised to feel it early.  Can't wait for more!

Dana

proud2bemommy 06-20-2011 11:34 PM

well ive been feeling fluttering but i keep just thinking gas it feels like it could be the baby but with my daughter  i had more of a tapping on my right lower abdomon im not very far along so im not sure i just wish i had a my own ultrasound machine lol

samstress 06-21-2011 12:18 AM

DDCC

i think it's a myth that you feel the second one (and subsequent ones) sooner.

i felt both my first and second at the same time (17 weeks).

danamichele 06-21-2011 12:30 AM

Also check the thread, "Baby movement, already?"  I started that when I felt the first movement and there are a lot of comments there, too.  :)  A lot of women have felt movement earlier with their second, but I guess everyone is different. 

proud2bemommy 06-21-2011 11:35 PM

thank you

ziursrm 06-23-2011 04:48 PM

My experience is that many women recognize the movement earlier the second time around. The babies probably start moving at the same stages though.

proud2bemommy 06-24-2011 04:03 PM

thank you i keep feeling something but i cant determin baby or gas i dont wanna get my hopes up o guess lol

bcblondie 06-25-2011 03:36 PM

DDCC but I felt my first at 14 weeks. I anticipate feeling the second sooner because my uterus settled back down higher than it used to be. (and I think this is true for more women, as I've seen threads about feeling the fundus sooner.) I guess being higher won't affect the strength of the baby's kicks, but if the reason I didn't feel it earlier last time was because it was deep in my pelvis, well, that won't be an issue this time.

proud2bemommy 06-25-2011 11:34 PM

that makes sense thank you guys if any one else wants to tell me when they felt  their baby also i would love to hear if your baby was a boy or a girl and what side you felt them on im trying to guess whether the old wives tale is true