Cramping/Slight Pain on One Side - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was 11 weeks yesterday, and I'd felt some mild cramping on and off throughout the pregnancy so far. It started right after we conceived until I was about 7 weeks. Then it subsided for a few weeks, but yesterday and today I've felt some very specific cramping/pain on my left side. Have any of you experienced this? I know they say that cramping is normal so long as it's not accompanied with bleeding, but the one side stuff creeps me out. I had an ultrasound at almost 9 weeks and everything looked great and it was not ectopic or anything, so that is good to know, but I'm worried that there could be something wrong with my left ovary. Could it be a cyst?

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#2 of 5 Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 AM

I'm no expert, but definitely sounds like it could be a cyst to me. They seem to be pretty common and most resolve themselves . .again I'm no expert, but I think most cysts are nothing to worry about.  But I would ask your OB/MW about it. They might want to do a u/s just to check it out.

Is it also possible that it is some sort of ligament pain?  I know I get my ligament pain mostly on one side (just b/c I use one side more I think) and it started pretty early this time.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#3 of 5 Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 AM

I'm twelve weeks & 1 day pregnant, and I had some cramping/pain in a specific place on my right side throughout my first trimester.  It always freaked me out, but everything (including my ovaries) looked good at both my 8 week ultrasound and my 12 week ultrasound, which was on Friday.  

#4 of 5 Old 06-27-2011, 01:18 PM

I've been having the same thing on my left side, and I know from my ultrasound a few weeks ago that this baby came from an egg on the left side, because we saw the corpus luteum cyst that was still there.  I am wondering if that is the cause of the pain. Maybe mention it at your next visit? That's my plan.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#5 of 5 Old 07-03-2011, 08:02 AM

Hello, I am new to the forum, I will be ten weeks tomorrow.

I do have a cyst, a rather large one on my left ovary, and the DR. said specifcally  if i feel pain and it would be a very clear type of pain and feel nothing like a regular cramping, reg cramping is normal due to our growing uterus, so I would still get it checked out, but wouldnt be too concerned. 

I am praying praying praying that mine disappers by the 12 week mark. good luck and stay positive....:)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page