July Chat Thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 85 Old 07-01-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Should we start our July thread so the other doesn't get massively large?

I've had an amazing day today! Really productive this morning and then even when the nausea hit in the evening I've been able to solider on (at least so far).  I've had a week off and head back to work tomorrow. I'm on call at 3 am and if I get called in I'll work 16 hours total tomorrow. It's something I could do with ease before pregnancy, but to tell the truth I'm scared of  if I can make it! At least I'm the #2 nurse on call so I'll only get called if it's super busy.

HCM...I love what you said about your body not remembering about your previous health problems, but your head is. That has struck such a chord with me! It's absolutely all in my head.  Although when I have my Ultrasound on Wednesday my head will be able to find that measure of peace much easier.

Okay, it's scary how much water it sounds like is ending up on my bathroom floor from the kids' bath. Must go check!

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#2 of 85 Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 PM

It's been a good week for me.  I had an u/s at 6w0d to determine there was a viable pregnancy and went back to see my OB at 10w0d, but he couldn't find a heartbeat so I had an uber quick u/s peek and saw an actual baby shaped fetus.  Woot!  I *so* want to hear an audible heartbeat, but this was pretty darn good.  Next appointment is 16w0d...and I have to think about the penta screen as I'll just be days under 38.  Old lady here!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 85 Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 AM

Hi everyone :) Been a while since I posted. We have company this week and next week..... I am so not amused! Its my FIL and I feel so invaded and am over having house guest!

I had my first appt with the new midwife group I switched to, love them! The midwife I saw was so awesome and attentive and we talked out so much. We spent 3min with the doppler trying to find baby heart beat and had to go use an ultrasound machine to make sure things were ok. This was my choice and little bit was off to the side hiding in boxer mode lol. Bratty baby already!

I have started pick up a few things here and there that are gender nutreral. Like the swaddle blankets I wanted :) I cant believe I am in the second trimester now! The time is just going by so quick. Pretty sure I feel baby flutters now and then. Awesome!

Whats everyone doing for the weekend?

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#4 of 85 Old 07-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Welcome to July!  I will be 14 weeks on monday, feeling great.  I think I have felt movement once or twice but nothing consistent, so that is what I am really looking forward to :)  My next OB appt is at 16 weeks.  Now that the first trimester is over I really need to get my butt in gear and start walking every day.  I take metformin through the first trimester (for PCOS) and as soon as i go off of it the weight tends to pile on if I am not careful.  I have a prenatal yoga DVD as well that I haven't even watched yet bag.gif

#5 of 85 Old 07-02-2011, 01:23 PM

I need to get my butt moving too. I'm 13weeks today I've gotten some energy back and the nausea seems to be gone but I still feel kinda blah after eating... or if I go too long without eating.  

I still hate this insanely out of shape feeling.  It's not about looks or gaining weight - i'm fine with that. This is my 3-rd, for my other 2 I lost the weight very quickly after their births.  I just feel so weak and gross when I try to do anything  - I HATE getting out of breath walking up the stairs or a throbbing headache after cleaning up the apartment.  sigh...dizzy.gif I've just got to get back to some regular exercise.  Light at first and progress from there, I need some extra endorphins in the day.

Creative - Wife to heartbeat.gif mother to 4  biggrinbounce.gif bouncy.gif jog.gif3rdtri.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gifhomeschool.gif and always praying.gif. (Learning Grace and patience)

#6 of 85 Old 07-02-2011, 01:26 PM

last week was a rough, rough week! work plus the morning sickness are killing me, and now the fatigue is starting to set in. i also get out of breath really easily- ugh! ms is not terrible today though, which i'm always thankful for on a weekend. i got a ton of stuff done this morning before dh woke up (it's easier for me to work around the house with him out of the way- teehee!). now i'm working on attacking the huge piles of laundry that have been building up. poor dh is trying to help me out around the house, but he's a messy guy and just isn't seeing what areas really need help. our place is TRASHED, and the apartment is tiny so it really looks awful. i can't wait for the 2nd tri so i can sort all this out! i've been super snappy lately too, and my poor 2 year old is taking the brunt of it :( . i work with two year olds during the day, and sometimes i get home and i am just DONE with toddlers. hsing dd1 has gone out the window, but that's ok. i'm just considering my first tri icky period our summer vacay, lol. we'll start working again when this is over  and go through the rest of the summer.

next week is my first appt! i really need this, and i'm praying we'll hear a hb even though i know at just over 10 weeks it may be too early. i really need something to get my excited about this, because this pg has been sort of rough so far. i feel like i've gained a ton of weight, which i'm NOT excited about. i'll weigh myself next week and see just how much has piled on. this may be our last baby though, so i'm going to try and not let it get to me too much so i can enjoy the pg. i'll have the rest of my life to get my body back!

and a question- anyone out there having a hard time getting themselves excited about bfing? i bf'd dd2 for 2 years, and honestly, by the time the end came i was hating it. i think by the time the baby is actually  born again i'll be happier about it, but for right now i'm just thinking BLAH.

wow, sorry this post turned out a little on the negative side! geesh.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#7 of 85 Old 07-02-2011, 05:23 PM

I'm right with you all on the shortness of breath.  It sucks!  My husband and I went for a long walk with the pups this morning. It's super hot and humid here and when I got back I felt sick and weak and gross.  He was a sweetie and made me lunch while I rested and then I took a nap for like 4 hours!  What is up with that?  

Other than that, the 2nd trimester is treating me soo much better than the first.  My nausea is pretty much gone, for which I am beyond grateful.  My belly is somewhere between "looking a little pudgy" and "that's definitely a baby."  On one hand I can't wait for it to pop out, but I'm interviewing for a job the week of the 11th and I'm nervous that an obvious pregnant belly would not be in my favor for getting hired.  I really want this job since I've been unemployed for a month and a half.  It's hard to motivate myself to do anything when all of my time is free time, plus it would be great to be able to save money before the baby gets here.

I had my second prenatal visit with my midwife on Wednesday and she's supportive of my dogs hanging out at the house during the whole thing.  I can't imagine shipping them off or locking them in another room while I labor and give birth, so I'm really glad she gave the ok.   I can't wait to be able to hear a heartbeat with the fetoscope and for my little bean to be big enough for me to feel it kick.  

My estimated due date according to the pregnancy wheel is 1/6, which is a few days before my husband's last semester of school starts.  Yesterday he had a talk with the baby through my belly about how it would be nice to come a little early, but if it doesn't want to it should come on Friday the 6th or Friday the 13th so he'll have a whole weekend to stay at home with us.  My husband was born on a Friday the 13th, so I think it would be pretty cool if our first baby was born on one too.  

#8 of 85 Old 07-02-2011, 05:46 PM

12 weeks and still feeling nauseous and exhausted. I'm hoping the exhaustion is just because I need my thyroid meds increased a bit more. There's so much I want to do and I just have no energy.

Anyone else on their 3rd or more who is already having trouble bending over & feeling like your belly is getting in the way a little? It's really freaking me out.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#9 of 85 Old 07-02-2011, 06:09 PM

This is number 6 for me and I look well more then 13 weeks. Its just depressing!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#10 of 85 Old 07-02-2011, 08:00 PM

Welcome HCM!

inky leuhh--I feel pretty miserable and sorry for myself lately.  I don't worry about BFing (after the first terrible 2 months I've always loved and cherished it), but there are a lot of mixed emotions right now. And the m/s doesn't help any!  I think I've been feeling worse at 11wks than I did before, which is quite depressing.  I hate to admit this, but I guess sometimes I wonder if I should have waited longer to get pg again. . .there are just a lot of fear I guess about adding a second child into the mix.  So that's been my negative vibe. . .I'm sure it will pass and I'll get super excited. . .but just wanted to say that I can relate to how you're feeling.

Congrats Pilar!  (I seriously have to remember your name b/c no way I can type montessorimama every time! I can't even spell it!)  Let us know when you're back in the USA!  And yes, maternity clothes are really comfy . . .good thing I got so sick of all of mine last time or I would have never switched back to normal clothes PP. (It did take me a good two months to make the switch after ds was born though!)

I'm feeling out of shape myself. I need to find a Pilates class that a pg lady can take, b/c I don't think yoga is enough for me. I need some real core work (which yes, you can do while pg as long as you know what to do and what not to do).

Mostly though I am just a bit overwhelmed by taking care of a toddler, summer heat, m/s, and tiredness. Then I start thinking that I'm going to be adding a new baby into my life and I get really freaked out. We are also going  be moving in November. . .which still seems like a better option than moving after the baby is born . . .but still makes me anxious thinking about it.

But if I can get out of my negative rut here, I did find a great MW that I really clicked with and I am super excited to start working with her.  I have high, high hopes for this birth (and my first was great).  I really hope to be able to do a lot more myself and stay more active rather than just taking instruction from the MW.  I'd love to catch my own baby if possible.  Also, have my 12wk screening a week from Monday. . .mostly excited about that although it does come with a bit of anxiety.  I haven't heard the baby's hb since my 7wk u/s though, so I'll be really really grateful and happy to see a kicking bean in there.  I can't wait till I can feel this baby move and have that constant reassurance of their presence.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#11 of 85 Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 AM

It seems like we're all kind of whiny right now, so I'll share my misery with you ladies too.  I was just starting to get over the morning sickness when DS and I both got the flu (or something).  He was sick all night a few days ago, then ran a fever and had a runny nose.  I broke my no-TV rule and tried to watch the Jungle Book with him, just to get him to stop running around for 5 minutes.  This kid never stops, even when he's sick.  We made it about 30 minutes in before he totally lost interest, and it was on-and-off before that.  I was a little disappointed that I couldn't keep him still for longer, but partly relieved that even when the opportunity presents itself, he's not glued to the screen.

Then I got sick.  I had a pretty high fever yesterday, and I threw up 8 times.  I couldn't even keep water down.  My face is all puffy from throwing up, and I broke a lot of blood vessels around my eyes (I guess I'm a violent puker.  Especially when my stomach is already empty but seems to think maybe I could vomit out my intestines as well).  I feel terrible - and look it too.  MIL came over to take care of DS, and today my mom is going to help out...  Thank God for family!  DH said that he has a runny nose, which is how mine started, so I'm hoping he manages to avoid getting as sick as I did.  The fever is gone today, but I just feel so drained.  I'm going to go nap as soon as my mom gets here.

I hate being sick while pregnant. 

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#12 of 85 Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 AM

<hugs> Diana! That's the worst! I hate being sick while pg too and the flu is awful. I am a violent puker too and often break blood vessels and stuff.  Make extra sure you don't get dehydrated and get some rest!  Hope you're better soon.  And btw my ds is a non-stopper too. . .man that kid never slows down.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#13 of 85 Old 07-03-2011, 11:45 AM

On the subject of "non-stoppers"...enter exhibit A, my daughter. Thank god she was followed by exhibit B, my son...the most mellow human being ever! Hopefully your second (third, two, Diana!) will follow suit. smile.gif

Angela
#14 of 85 Old 07-03-2011, 01:42 PM

I'm 12 weeks today, and all I have to say is not being able to bitch about morning sickness on Facebook is killing me! irked.gif But we'll be announcing the news within the next couple weeks here. I will be sooooo happy to say goodbye to the first trimester (and HOPEFULLY morning sickness!)

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#15 of 85 Old 07-03-2011, 06:07 PM

I'm 14 weeks today and finally starting to feel so much better!  My food aversions are decreasing and my morning sickness is decreasing.  I'm relieved that fresh, homemade food sounds good again!  I'm still napping when my toddler naps though.  I can definitely identify with feeling out of shape, and even though this is just my second, my belly is already getting in the way.  We went to Mt. Rainier National Park last week and enjoyed going on (very short and flat) hikes, even pregnant with a toddler in the backpack-- man I feel tough after that! Places like that are so invigorating to me that I don't care if I'm exhausted. It sure makes me want to get out more, especially now that the weather here in the dark and damp Pacific NW is starting to get sunny and warm!  (Even though that means allergy season is in full swing. Boooo!)

We're hosing a big Fourth of July bash tomorrow and I feel like we're ready.  It's so nice to have the house cleaner and more organized than it has been in what feels like years.

I'm feeling quite a bit of movement already with this baby.  It's so much fun and I'm starting to feel more connected-- especially after a short impromptu ultrasound showed this tiny little person bouncing all around!  But I'm also a little nervous, because my daughter is super active and I was hoping the next one would be more mellow.  I LOVE having such an active and inquisitive kid, but it's so much more demanding of my energy!  I guess this isn't necessarily a sign of permanent temperamental traits yet, but I'm a little anxious by the thought...

#16 of 85 Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 PM

Diana- Eek, so sorry you are sick!  That really sucks and is definitely a justifiable reason to whine IMO.

Kismet-  You sound like you are are in the same place I was when pg with dd2 and it's a rough place to be.  Just try to cherish you pg and this time alone with dd1, take it easy and cut yourself a LOT of slack.  It will all work out OK.  My dds play so well together now and I couldn't have imagined better spacing.

Devaskyla- this is # 3 for me too, I'm huge (or at least I feel huge)  Even though I have only gained about 3-4lbs my belly is the size of about 4 months along (and I'm only 13 weeks!).  I am full time in maternity clothes LOL.

I am actually feeling really good now.  Certainly not my normal level of energy, but that's totally OK with me.  I'm catching up on my netflix and knitting and just letting life have a slower pace in general.  This pregnancy just has me so happy, I think mostly b/c we waited so long for it, that I am cherishing every moment of it.  Just taking to time to enjoy my 2 girls and the summer and making lots of little baby things!

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#17 of 85 Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 PM

Thanks all, for the good wishes.  I'm feeling much better, though still stuffed up.  I've cheated and took a single sudafed before bed twice; otherwise when I lay down I can't breathe.  I have post-nasal drip pretty bad, and I just can't deal with it at night.  I tried my son's herbal chest rub under my nose, but I'm so stuffy I can't even tell it's there!  sneeze.gif

I also have a big belly.  My abs never recovered from when I was pregnant with DS, so they're already really separated.  I've been in maternity pants since maybe 7 weeks, and shirts since 9 or 10.  I look about like I did when I was 20 weeks last time.  Part of it is just the fact that there's two babies in there (my uterus is already at my belly button, and there's a definite bump when I'm laying flat), but I know some of it is just my sad abs...

I'm a little worried because I'm still spotting... or something.  I've been having brown, mucus-y discharge for about 5 days now.  I have cramps occasionally, but I suppose they could be BH contractions, since they don't last long.  I have an appointment on Friday, so I'll talk to my OB then.  It's unsettling, even though I can't quite say that I'm worried.  I'll be glad to know that everything's okay in there, though.  I don't like interventions during birth, but I like (need?) lots of reassurance during pregnancy!

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#18 of 85 Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 PM

diana- i have been thinking of you a lot this weekend, wondering about the spotting.  i'm so sorry you were sick.  that sounds like the absolute pits.

i wish i could reply more to everyone, myself, but i have been feeling so terrible lately, all i have energy for is lurking and clicking.  i can't believe it.  i want to exercise and engage with everyone and feel like myself.  all i can do is sleep and stare off into fatigue-land.

and get this- i was taking a shower tonight, and like never before, my gag reflex was going crazy.  it took me a minute to figure it out, but every time water touched my lips, i would gag and choke back the puke.  water.  on my lips.  oh, this is the insanest first trimester i have ever had.  now i'm scared to take another shower.  for reals.  it was terrible.

i'm glad to hear so many of you are feeling better as you crawl out of your first trimesters!  i'm clawing my way behind you!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#19 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 03:16 AM

When I got up at 5:30 to use the bathroom, the spotting had changed from light pink to dark pink.  I'm also having somewhat rhythmic pain down low in my pelvis.  I can't tell if they're contractions, but that seems to make sense.  Just waiting for DH to get home from work and my mom to get here to watch DS so we can go to the ER...  bawling.gif

#20 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 05:18 AM

Sending you serious love and healthy baby vibes, Diana...

Angela
#21 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 AM

Diana, i am sending you hugs and healthy babies vibes.  I will keep you in my thoughts today and have fx that everything will be fine.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#22 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 08:04 AM

Diana - Thinking about you.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#23 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Diana, wishing you the best. Fingers crossed everything is ok.

#24 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Hi, I thought I’d join in this daily chit chat. My due date  is jan26, so right at the end, im 11weeks today.  Yesterday I ate a whole container of boursin (you know that cream cheese that is pure fat?) instead of a coffee. Must be really needing exta fats or something, it made me feel so much better.

Devaskyla-yes! On my third here, and I feel like I cant bend down. I think I ‘popped’ as early as 7-8 weeks. Two people who didn’t know I was pregnant (im only 11weeks and am not telling anyone) commented. One said-Oh congratulations! I said, oh no, I always have a bit of a tummy . She said, no! You are usually so slim! (thanks so much, not true btw)  

Inky leuhh-breastfeeding a toddler is definitely easier than a newborn. Newborns take FOREVER, and there is always something going on, latch problems or too much let down, or not enough…i find after 4 months  everything starts to get much easier.
 Im still nursing my 3yo.  But he is slowly self weaning. Sometimes only once a day. The nursing isnt bothering me. I was able to nurse his brother during pregnancy too, but he was only 2.
Just be grateful our due dates are on the winter (if youre in the northern hemisphere that is) and not the summer. (sorry if youre down under :-))With my first, each let down came with a let down of copious sweat  in august. It was aweful…..

#25 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 AM

And on to the pure fluff...

We *might* have settled on a boy name!  My husband really likes it, but refused to "shake on it" so early.  I think he still thinks the name he wanted for our son still has a shot (it doesn't!).  We haven't really even talked girl names since we are both feeling boy on this one. :)

Angela
#26 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 12:05 PM

thinking of you diana, hoping everything is ok hug2.gif

#27 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 12:35 PM

Thanks everyone.  I really appreciate the support.  grouphug.gif

Babies are fine, and I am fine.  But what an ordeal.  I had a pelvic exam, cultures, urine screen, and a very thorough ultrasound.  Both babies are doing well and were wiggling around.  Baby A is slightly larger and has a heart rate of 171, and baby B is a day smaller with a heart rate of 160.  Both are measuring "ahead" at 15 weeks 2/3 days (I'm 14 weeks 3 days), but DS was a big baby too.  They did what they could of an anatomy scan, and both have no abnormalities that they could see.  I'm SO glad that the babies are okay.  

The only really bad part was that they insisted on a catheter for the ultrasound.  I would have just walked out, and was going to sign a waiver that I was leaving against medical advice, except that when I called my midwife, they were unable to schedule me for an u/s at the office.  So I sucked it up and got the cath.  Oh.My.Goodness.  It was uncomfortable while it was in, but now it BURNS when I pee.  Like the worst UTI ever.  So even though I feel better emotionally, I'm worse off physically...

They found I had really low potassium levels.  They said some of it was probably from being sick, but I was likely low to start with.  It may be the cause for some of my nausea and fatigue.  It can also cause cramping.  I got some potassium pills and was told to eat lots of potatoes and bananas.

This is why I hate pregnancy!  The spotting was okay by itself, and I wouldn't worry about cramps alone, either.  Then I get both, freak out a bit, and it's still normal.  I'm not complaining, since obviously I'm glad there are no problems.  But I'll be so happy when I can hold my babies on the outside.  I'm probably coming across as the most obsessive, worried pregnant woman ever...  I'm a really easy-going mama - once my babies are out where I can see them!

#28 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Fantastic news, Diana!  (Well, aside from the spotting, the cramping and the UTI-ish pain!  But you know what I mean.) :)

Angela
#29 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 01:20 PM

so glad everything is ok. why in the world would they need to cath you for the u/s??

#30 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM

diana- i'm so sorry for the ordeal, but thrilled to know everything is ok.  it must have been so wonderful to see them both. luxlove.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page