Gender Feelings... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Obviously we are all still at the guessing point. Do YOU have a feeling, one way or the other? How did you get to that point?

My old man and I both started referring to this pregnancy as "he", separately. No idea why, but it's odd that we both were doing it without realizing. Maybe it's because our son is soooo much easier than our daughter!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#2 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 AM

My partner and I have both been feeling 'girl', each separately. We'd both be thrilled with either sex, and have chosen to wait until the birth to find out. That being said, as strong as my gender guess is, I am hesitant to start referring to the baby as 'she' quite yet :)

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

#3 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 02:40 PM

I'm almost certain I'm carrying a boy. I had dreams about him for years prior to his conception and he even told me his name in one of the dreams (the most vivid one). Now that I'm pregnant, I can only think of boy names (though we'll most likely use the name he told me in the dream) and I'm only buying boy stuff. I just "know". I'll laugh at myself if I'm wrong! Just to be a devil's advocate (as always), my DH says it's a girl. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#4 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 05:52 PM

I will be truly shocked if this baby comes out a boy. My husband is 2 for 2 bio children for girls. The Chinese calender has been right for all my kids and it says girl. My last daughters pregnancy was a doozy for me, and this one is just as bad.

All signs lead to pink but we could be wrong! My husband is REALLY hoping for a boy!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#5 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 PM

This is my first one..but I refer to bean as a she. I'll be surprised if it's not. I've had a LOT of morning sickness, my skin has been all sorts of 16 yr old break out like, and my LORD am I hormonal..and that makes me think it's a girl. Though I have no other examples to base it off (: lol

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#6 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

I'm almost certain I'm carrying a boy. I had dreams about him for years prior to his conception and he even told me his name in one of the dreams (the most vivid one).

Don't leave us hanging!  What name did he tell you?  Are you seriously considering it?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#7 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would be happy with either sex, but I must admit that I'm really hoping it's a girl.  (My daughter would LOVE a sister and has several imaginary ones already.)  I have, however, found myself thinking of it as a boy.  Maybe that's my way of protecting myself from getting too attached to one idea?  We're going to find out at the ultrasound if we can, which is scheduled for August 9th.  I can't wait!

#8 of 21 Old 07-04-2011, 01:48 AM

I'm trying not to have feelings about gender. Dh & I would like a daughter too much, and I really don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed. Not that we won't adore another little boy; we were disappointed ds3 wasn't a girl but we got over it :)

i'm really hoping we'll be able to tell at the ultrasound. And I'm really, really hoping the fact this pregnancy is so different than my other 3 (that went this long) actually means something

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#9 of 21 Old 07-04-2011, 05:00 AM

Ds1 is convinced baby is a girl. He refers to baby as girl, her and my sister all the time. I had a strong feeling at around 5 weeks that it's a girl also. Dp on the other hand has no idea either way. We will be ok with another boy though if that's what happens, smile.gif

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#10 of 21 Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 AM

I feel it's a boy, DH thinks it's another girl, DD thinks it's a rooster.

wombjuice and chilichiki like this.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#11 of 21 Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 PM

I'm not sure.  Half the time I think boy, half the time I think girl, and since I know there's only one in there I guess I'm right about 50% of the time (but I don't know which 50%!).  I can't wait to find out.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#12 of 21 Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 PM

Haha, Conchobhar!  My daughter thinks it's a hippopotamus!

#13 of 21 Old 07-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danamichele View Post

Haha, Conchobhar!  My daughter thinks it's a hippopotamus!

Hahaha!  Think I'd have a heart attack if my DD said that to me!  I love what kids say sometimes!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#14 of 21 Old 07-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Well, I was leaning towards boy from my early symptoms (tree trunk thighs and not much m/s). We heard the heartbeat yesterday and the midwife said it was 170, so that makes me think girl, even though I know they are only OWTs! I'm going to keep thinking girl, because I'm a little scared to have a girl (I'm not a very girly-girl, so I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a girl if that makes sense..haha!). That way I'm more prepared when we find out. I know I'd love to have another boy, too, but I'd have lots of fun shopping for girl clothes!!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#15 of 21 Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlaj11 View Post

Well, I was leaning towards boy from my early symptoms (tree trunk thighs and not much m/s). We heard the heartbeat yesterday and the midwife said it was 170, so that makes me think girl, even though I know they are only OWTs! I'm going to keep thinking girl, because I'm a little scared to have a girl (I'm not a very girly-girl, so I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a girl if that makes sense..haha!). That way I'm more prepared when we find out. I know I'd love to have another boy, too, but I'd have lots of fun shopping for girl clothes!!

If it helps...  I'm about as tomboyish as they come and my DD has her own personality.  I just let her lead, when it comes to how girly she wants to get.  She accessorizes more than I do, and she's 2!  They'll find their own way.  :)

#16 of 21 Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 PM

I have had strong feelings going back even before this pregnancy began that I would have a son.  I've been thinking and dreaming about him for so long, it seems so odd for me to even think that this could be a girl.  Now I really love my girls and I would love to have another (makes me think of Little Women), I just really don't see that happening.  We will be finding out the gender at the 20wk US, I just have to know for sure.  It doesn't feel like I have a big gender preferance, more like a strong gut feeling you know?  I remeber having this feeling with dd2 I imagined refering to them as "my girls" which is something I do daily.  Well, I guess I just have to wait a month or so to find out...

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#17 of 21 Old 07-10-2011, 08:28 AM

I'm thinking boy... and all of the wive's tales so far seem to agree!

On a weird side note, all of the boy's names I like end in "n" and all of the girls names end in "a"...

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#18 of 21 Old 07-10-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post

If it helps...  I'm about as tomboyish as they come and my DD has her own personality.  I just let her lead, when it comes to how girly she wants to get.  She accessorizes more than I do, and she's 2!  They'll find their own way.  :)

Thanks! Yes, that does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_bella1050 View Post

I have had strong feelings going back even before this pregnancy began that I would have a son.  I've been thinking and dreaming about him for so long, it seems so odd for me to even think that this could be a girl.  Now I really love my girls and I would love to have another (makes me think of Little Women), I just really don't see that happening.  We will be finding out the gender at the 20wk US, I just have to know for sure.  It doesn't feel like I have a big gender preferance, more like a strong gut feeling you know?  I remeber having this feeling with dd2 I imagined refering to them as "my girls" which is something I do daily.  Well, I guess I just have to wait a month or so to find out...

I have kind of a "Little Men" feeling in a way... like I've always pictured a house full of boys running around. I don't think it helps any that DH has only brothers, and I think it's really neat to watch them interact. I only grew up with one sibling (a brother) and he loves to let me know (jokingly of course) how awful it was to have a little sister..haha! We will find out next month, too!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#19 of 21 Old 07-16-2011, 12:40 AM

Most of symptoms say girl, except for the cravings. Those scream boy! I have had two dreams, in both of which I ended up giving birth unassisted (I am planning to use a midwife). In one dream I had a girl at the YMCA, and in another I had a boy in the hospital. My body and mind are really messing with me! Maybe my gut is leaning a little toward boy, but not much.

Me crochetsmilie.gif ife to DH geek.gif; Mommy to DS (5) biggrinbounce.gif , DS (4) jog.gif, and DD (2) diaper.gif, and DS (newborn) babyboy.gif.

#20 of 21 Old 07-16-2011, 06:51 PM

I'm thinking girl, although with our 1st we thought girl and were totally wrong!  This time I'm not as sick, have terrible headaches, and my hair is falling out!  This is very different from the first time around in which hyperemesis took over for 6+ months.  The acne is the same, though.  At my check-up last week the HR was 160 which was higher than my son's ever was.  I joke and say it's a cat (since 160 is normal HR for them).  I'd be so happy with a boy since I feel like I know what I'm doing with them, but a girl would be great too.  We'll find out at our 20 wk u/s. 

#21 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneboymum View Post

I'm thinking girl, although with our 1st we thought girl and were totally wrong!  This time I'm not as sick, have terrible headaches, and my hair is falling out!  This is very different from the first time around in which hyperemesis took over for 6+ months.  The acne is the same, though.  At my check-up last week the HR was 160 which was higher than my son's ever was.  I joke and say it's a cat (since 160 is normal HR for them).  I'd be so happy with a boy since I feel like I know what I'm doing with them, but a girl would be great too.  We'll find out at our 20 wk u/s. 

I had hyperemesis when I was pregnant with my son too!! It was awful and I was so horribly worried that it would happen again. While I am most definitely nauseaous all the time, it is nowhere near what it was before.  Headaches are creaping up on me more and more.  My hormones seem much worse this time around too!

Maybe it is a girl in there this time!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page