Anybody else still exhausted? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Am I just a whiny baby? But I am 10 weeks and I still feel exhausted. i get up for work at 6 get home at about 6pm and sleep literally for about 1 hour until bedtime at which time i sleep straight till 5 or 6. my husband says i need to do more physical activity and maybe i do but i am so tired. anybody still tired or am i just lazy wink1.gif

#2 of 13 Old 07-03-2011, 02:39 PM

Once I hit 12 weeks, I felt more exhausted than the early weeks. I have to take a nap every day. I can't get through the day without one! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#3 of 13 Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 PM

Nope you arent alone. I still feel like I could sleep a week after being for just 3 hours. Its crazy and does suck! Moving around more does help but its sooooo hard!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#4 of 13 Old 07-03-2011, 06:45 PM

Goodness gracious you aren't alone..I'm SO STINKIN TIRED! I'm around 13 weeks and I'm so out of breathe and tired. Very upsetting to me since pre-bean I was really getting into shape, I still exercise but certainly not what I was doing before this. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#5 of 13 Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 PM

Add me to the Exhausted Mama Club.  If I don't get at least 9 hours of sleep a night, I'm dragging the next day.  Thankfully, DH has been super-wonderful (this guy deserves an award, seriously), and he takes care of DS in the morning so I can sleep in.  He's also extremely tolerant of my slothful ways.  I get tired very easily, it seems, and if we do any kind of yard work or have an outing, I'm exhausted.  

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#6 of 13 Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 PM

I'm exhausted, too.  I'm 14 weeks and still have to take a nap when my daughter naps.  I usually take longer to fall asleep, so when she wakes up I'm still so tired I can barely breathe.  At least with a toddler I can't give into the laziness, like I did when I was pregnant with her.  I think being more active does help a bit, until you hit the wall.  :/

#7 of 13 Old 07-05-2011, 09:15 PM

me too!  i love to work out and be super busy all the time, but at 11weeks, i have energy for NOTHING.  i would write more, but i'm too tired.  :)

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#8 of 13 Old 07-05-2011, 09:41 PM

Not just exhausted, but utterly lacking in energy. I'm not sure how much is pregnancy related & how much is related to needing a higher dose of thyroid meds, though. I only started on them right around when I got pregnant.

Of course, it would help if ds3 didn't decide to wake me up for 2 hours after I'd only had 5 hours sleep. And then I maybe got another hour after that.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#9 of 13 Old 07-06-2011, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

My tiredness got a little better at 11 weeks, but I still can't make it past 9pm without passing out, and even the slightest uphill walk tuckers me out.  I've also noticed that if I'm eating well (balanced, healthy) I have more energy, while empty carbs really kill me (and make me nauseous).  Perhaps taking a look at your diet might help boost your energy?  Little meals throughout the day rather than three large ones have helped me a lot...  Hope you feel better soon!

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#10 of 13 Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

totally normal. My symptoms seem to get a little worse around 10-11 weeks, and then gradually subside after that. Im 11 weeks now, so im.really.looking.forward. to.it   crap.gif         puke.gif    sleeping.gif

#11 of 13 Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 AM

I'm also completely wiped out.  My midwife has me on Hemaplex and Alfalfa, and that has helped some, but I'm not only exhausted, but if I overdo it one day (and overdoing it is what I would have considered a lightly active day, pre-pregnancy), I wake up in the morning feeling like I have been hit by a truck.

My DS (3) fights his nap (and he SO needs it) unless DH or I lay down with him, and now I can't stop myself from falling asleep with him.  He stays asleep a lot longer if there is someone next to him, so he and I have been indulging in 3 hour naps more often than not...we just keep sleeping until one of us wakes up.  DH laid down with us on Saturday for nap time, and we all slept for 4 1/2 hours - unreal!

I usually feel amazing during the second trimester, but here I sit at 15 weeks, feeling like I ran a marathon yesterday and haven't slept in weeks.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#12 of 13 Old 07-12-2011, 08:33 AM

me too..and i thought last time was bad...add to that the stress of moving and dd teething and nursing all night, but i;m sure i'd still be tired without that.

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#13 of 13 Old 07-15-2011, 03:49 PM

I'm just about 12 weeks now, and while I'm not completely exhausted and in a fog all day like I was a few weeks ago, I still tucker out really easy.  Simple things like running errands, house cleaning, etc will really take the wind out of my sails.  I'm still feeling like I need at least 9 hours of sleep a night, and then I'm relatively good to go until I perform some menial task. Here's to hoping for that "burst of energy" we have coming to us in the second trimester! :-0

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page