Maternity clothes--where can I find my style stuff? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 07-13-2011, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If it's something I buy I am limited to either silver or deep purple. If I can find it froma  friend I am pretty sure she will forgive me any color.

Just your friendly neighborhood graduate student.
My BudgetBlog budgetandbargain.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 07-13-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleth View Post

My sister is actually getting married a month and a half before I am due and I am expected to walk downt he aisle at this very fancy, formal wedding. Anyone know where I can get a decent maternity evening gown for less than a fortune? The whole evening gown thing seems kind of ridiculous to me. I'm going to be in a giant fabric tent or something. yeeeesh.

Wow, I'm so sorry!  I tried to find a decent-looking maternity dress for my baby shower last pregnancy, and everything looked awful on me.  My friend E looked so cute in hers, but I had horrible luck.  Hopefully you're more like my friend than like me!!  I ended up in a top and skirt.

On the topic of maternity clothes that you like...  I just got a pile of maternity tanks/camis back from a friend who had borrowed them when she was pregnant.  I really need them, since my V-neck tops are all super-low, plus I hate wearing bras when it's hot out.  Every. Single. Top. is stained.  All of them.  I don't know what the hell she did to them, but the're all really gross-looking now!  I had a few that I had dyed myself, since the only colors available were brown, white, and gray...  And those are so bleached out that they look awful.  And on top of it everything, they've all been shrunk!  That's about $75 worth of camis ruined!    And, of course, Old Navy is totally out of them right now, so I can't even get new ones. Cuss.gif

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
#33 of 40 Old 07-14-2011, 07:08 AM

I actually got some maternity that I like from old navy on their online sale last week. That was a relief because now at least I have SOMETHING to wear. But I a definitely going to check out hte H and M. Thanks to whoever mentioned they have maternity. I never knew!

Just your friendly neighborhood graduate student.
My BudgetBlog budgetandbargain.blogspot.com

#34 of 40 Old 09-26-2011, 07:59 AM

I know this is and older thread....but, I've finally resigned myself that my jeans and pants are starting to get uncomfortable so I'll break out the maternity clothes.  I'm so stubborn!  Anyway, has anyone found any basic jersey/cotton skirts at any of the typical stores or online?  Even non-maternity ones with a fold-down waist would likely work but I haven't come across any (not that I actually shop all that much).  I've checked a couple consignment sales.  I just don't have the patience or time to search for hours, especially with a toddler in tow.  Thanks!!

#35 of 40 Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 AM

I found a long knit skirt and a short knit skirt with a fold down waist at Old Navy. I've worn both frequently lately. They also had some good knit pants, yoga pant style.

Here's one - not sure it's the same as the one I got, but it looks similar to the long one: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=72446&vid=1&pid=855627&scid=855627012

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#36 of 40 Old 09-26-2011, 02:48 PM

believe it or not forever 21 has a maternity line and some if it is pretty damn cute, not covered in sparkles lotsa neutral colours and leggings! pants that dont seem ilke they would fit unlesss you are twiggy though.  worth checking out for some cuttte shirts

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

#37 of 40 Old 09-27-2011, 06:36 AM

This just made my day...looooooove Forever 21!!!! bouncy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustydaisies View Post

believe it or not forever 21 has a maternity line and some if it is pretty damn cute, not covered in sparkles lotsa neutral colours and leggings! pants that dont seem ilke they would fit unlesss you are twiggy though.  worth checking out for some cuttte shirts

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#38 of 40 Old 09-27-2011, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'll have to check out Forever 21!  I've been nearly living in my activewear, yoga-type maternity pants from Gap.  I've seen some fold down skirts there too.  I also have some great fold down pants and skirts, non maternity, from Nordstrom Rack and other clearance type stores. Definitely time to do some shopping, this bump has gotten big!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#39 of 40 Old 10-03-2011, 04:53 PM

My problem is that they are soooo expensive and most only have one style! ugh...I told my husband Im going to live in tank tops and underwear. He didnt seem to have a problem with that. lol

Wife partners.gif  mama to our son (01/03/2012) babyboy.gif  for bf bfinfant.gif & familybed1.gif

#40 of 40 Old 05-13-2012, 12:33 PM

Some of my favorites places on line to shop for maternity were http://urbanbabyrunway.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page