(Nearly) At the end of the first trimester... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-10-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i thought it would be neat, as some of us climb into the second trimester, and others of us are nearing our final weeks in the first, if we took a few moments to remember things from this time in our pregnancies/life.  could be fun to share!

here's a few things that i will remember as i look back on these first months, and things that as i encounter down the road, i'm sure will remind me of the first trimester

1. knowing before i had even POAS

2. listening to They Might Be Giants, "Here Come the ABCs" ad nauseam with the kids

3. rice cakes and seltzer water

4. getting to tell both sets of grandparents in person, for the first time ever

5. parakeets, which my oldest son jokes he would rather have than another sibling.

6. "Rush Hour" and checkers, which i played with my kids, passing fatigued hours on the sofa

anyone else want to join in?

-hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 8 Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I like this idea.  Thanks for reminding me to slow down and appreciate this time in my life!

*Going through the journey of pregnancy with my 2 1/2yo daughter, or at least she *thinks* there's a baby in her tummy, too.

*The way she sweetly said so many nights, "Mommy, I'm sorry your baby died, but I'm happy you have a new baby," after the last pregnancy ended early in miscarriage.  It's amazing how adults so often say the "wrong" things but a 2 year old can bring happy tears to my eyes every time, even during the hard parts.

*Hippopotamus, which is what she guessed the baby is, after a lot of thought, when asked if it's a boy or a girl.

*Major food aversions and months of nausea, resulting in the consumption of

*TONS of processed food, which I don't normally even touch!  (Hamburger Helper, Top Ramen, Kraft Mac & Cheese, fish sticks and tater tots, etc.)

*And I also knew before POAS.  I did that just to prove it to DH. ;)

#3 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 05:08 AM

Great idea! The first trimester has been difficult, so I only remember bad things lol.

1. Extreme nausea and vomiting... So new to me and DH.

2. Extreme fatigue and having to call out of work :/  ... Also new to me.

3. Thinking that I felt the baby's heartbeat and realizing that I'll be a mommy. :]

4. Choosing names with DH.

5. Seeing my mom's face when I told her. (I didn't realize she'd be so happy).

6. Discovering my new relationship with meat (ugh, hate it now) and fish (never knew I liked sardines so much lol).

#4 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 06:23 AM

1. Telling our daughter and having her say "I'm going to need help."  "With what, sweets?"  "I can't handle two kids while Mommy is busy on the phone!"

2. Feeling my milk dry and hearing my son cry as he was still so hungry.  He's a happy boy now that he's getting whole milk!

3. Asking my daughter if she thinks it's a boy or a girl and hear "You don't get to pick, Mom" (with all the sass a five year old can muster)

4. Watching my belly start to grow

5. Actually getting the *real* questions about how the egg and the sperm meet (that was enough of an answer last time, but this time she gets that internal pieces are involved!

6. Trying not to puke as I Zumba

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#5 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 AM

1. The dream I had that prompted me to POAS.

2. DS knowing without me saying a word.

3. DH's elation and patience!

5. Ralphing on a wealthy person's lawn on the way to the zoo.

6. Ritz crackers and ginger tea.

7. Hearing the heartbeat!!!

8. Making it this far.

9. Feeling like a three-toed sloth.

10. Tasting my way though cravings and adversions.

#6 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Love this!  Here goes...

1. POAS at 4am because I couldn't wait any longer and then calling DH to tell him he was going to be a daddy.

2. Calling my mom on Mother's day to tell her she will be a grandmother... finally, after so many years of waiting!

3. Sassily thinking I wasn't going to get m/s, and then waking up one day feeling like I had consumed 5 liters of beer and spoiled seafood the night before.

4. Having my first full-blown hormonal attack in front of DH, and being able to laugh about it two days later.

5. The first time DH put his hand on my growing tummy.

6. The first time a total stranger mentioned to someone else (in Italian) that I was expecting a child (I'm showing, I'm showing!!!!)

7. Eating potato chips and salsa for breakfast, because it was the only thing I could stomach.

Thank you for thinking this up, it's been so nice to take a walk down memory lane, even if it was only 2 months ago... :)

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#7 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM

1. Drinking smoothies, smoothies, smoothies.

2. Reliving what it was like to be an adolescent when my hormones were surging

3. Feeling quiet and internal

4. Travelling to France and walking around with my hand on my growing tummy

5. Seeing the heartbeat for the first time

6. Telling both sets of parents on Father's Day

7. Going to sleep at 8:30 p.m.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#8 of 8 Old 07-11-2011, 07:24 PM

1. Knowing before I POAS.  Actually, I knew 3 days after we DTD, but thought I could never have conceived so quickly.
  2. Puking in front of my DS (about 21 months at the time), and him asking if I wanted medicine when I told him I don't feel well.
  3. Puking (again) in front of DS...  This time I only made it to the kitchen wastebasket, and he started making spitting noises into it after I had "finished".
  4. Religiously keeping the toilet clean.
  5. Getting to tell my mom that she was going to be a grandma again (I'm an only child), and getting to tell my best friend in person, since she was visiting from Japan
  6. Finding out it's TWINS!!  And then trying to tell our family and having nobody believe us!
  7. Trying to navigate through all my excited/overwhelmed/terrified feelings
  8. Eating.  Lots.  And often.

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page