Mothering Forum banner

Dreams

595 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  L'lee 
#1 ·
i'm sure i'm not the only one to have crazy, vivid dreams lately. it feels like every morning, i wake up from the strangest sleep. i always have bizarre, vivid dreams in pregnancy, but i don't remember them starting so early.

anyone else?

#2 ·
Well, if you count dreaming about food EVERY night (last night it was fish tacos), and also dreaming about stuff I can no longer do (roller blading, skiing, etc.), then I'm right there with you. At this point though, after first-trimester insomnia, I'm just glad I'm sleeping. :) Have you considered writing down your dreams? I read somewhere that it helps to put them out of your mind...

#3 ·
They have been vivid here and there. Last night, I had a dream that I was bleeding and then I had a few cramps and out pops a 7lb baby boy! I swaddled him up and named him. Funny thing is, I was all by myself! I felt like I connected with his soul (yes, I think it's a boy!) in the dream. That was the vivid part!

#5 ·
Originally Posted by MadelinesMama View Post

I've been having very vivid dreams also.. unfortunately not very nice ones. The strange thing is I don't wake up afraid. I'm just wondering why I'm having so many crazy crazy bad dreams.
yeah, a few of mine have been pretty "bad" dreams, too. like you, i seem to maintain my clarity through them, such that i don't wake up panicked. i guess that's good.

kindermama, what a dream! if only birth were like that! how great that you woke up feeling connected to your baby, though. i love when dreams turn out like that, like they are actually rich with meaning.

pilar- you dream of food! how awesome is that! too funny. i think your dreams are totally worth writing down! maybe you could give us some good recipe ideas each morning!

#6 ·
I alternate between very frightening, graphic, horrific dreams that I feel sick all day over

OR

Hot, steamy, sex dreams that make me feel like I actually did them when I wake up. The other night I dreamed about Colin Farell, and mmm that was a good one
orngbiggrin.gif

#7 ·
Last night it was spaghetti with tomato sauce... I'm tellin' ya, EVERY NIGHT I have food dreams!
ROTFLMAO.gif
You'd think I'm starving myself, but nothing could be further from the truth!

#8 ·
nom! i'm so happy your food dreams are continuing, and that you're sharing them with us! i can't wait to see what you post tomorrow!
broc1.gif
(i generally love any excuse i can find to use the dancing broccoli)

#9 ·
hardcore, I love the dancing broccoli, too.
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif

My dreams have been intense lately. Mostly I dream about the people in my life and it is either a lovely or very stressful situation. Lately I been erring on the stressful scenarios, which doesn't make me a happy camper upon waking.

Sweet dreams to one and all.

#11 ·
I had very vivid and mostly very beautiful dreams when I was pg with DS. They helped me feel connected to him and also let me know he was a he. I did have a few frightening ones, but they were mostly lovely. This pregnancy has brought me different dreams however. I've been a pregnant teenager, had numerous miscarriages, and delivered babies totally alone in various locations. I've had very few reassuring dreams and NO lovely bonding ones. Bummer. At least I have some steamy sex dreams thrown into the mix....and some delicious FOOD dreams as well!

#12 ·
So far, I've gotten a couple concerning this baby. One, I apparently had just delivered, but forgot about the baby until he started crying (and it was a he). Even though it was a "bad mommy" moment, I had a huge wave of love come over me for this new baby, once I saw him, and the dream made me realize that I could love my DD and this little one with no problems (a concern that I have had since I found out I was pregnant).

I've had a couple dreams where I've had contractions or start bleeding.

I don't really ever get sexual dreams, so that's nothing new. But I keep getting a reoccurring dream where I run into a pile of snakes and have to keep holding them off from biting me. Eventually some do bite. Dream analysis says it means I've got problems that I need to address, so I've been trying to be very conscientious of anything that is posing a problem. Still have the dreams, so I'm still searching for what's bothering me.

#13 ·
I've been having vivid dreams right from the very beginning. Before we told anybody, I had dreams about pulling handfuls of needles out of my mouth. I had a dream in the beginning that it was a tiny boy, and then a had a dream a few weeks ago that it was a plump girl. And lots of sex dreams. The surprising thing about the sex dreams is that before I was pregnant, I would have sex dreams about David Bowie or some other rock star, but now they're only with hubby. How sweet, right?
love.gif

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post

I don't really ever get sexual dreams, so that's nothing new. But I keep getting a reoccurring dream where I run into a pile of snakes and have to keep holding them off from biting me. Eventually some do bite. Dream analysis says it means I've got problems that I need to address, so I've been trying to be very conscientious of anything that is posing a problem. Still have the dreams, so I'm still searching for what's bothering me.
snakes also have to do with spiritual transformation.......looks like big changes are just around the corner for you!

#15 ·
i'm loving this thread, you guys. some of your dreams are touching, and some of them are just strange or hilarious.

when DH woke me up this morning, i was dreaming about chopping green onions, but i have no idea what i was making.

pilar, where are you? i need some ideas for what to make for dinner tonight!
lol.gif

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoonunit View Post

I've been having vivid dreams right from the very beginning. Before we told anybody, I had dreams about pulling handfuls of needles out of my mouth. I had a dream in the beginning that it was a tiny boy, and then a had a dream a few weeks ago that it was a plump girl. And lots of sex dreams. The surprising thing about the sex dreams is that before I was pregnant, I would have sex dreams about David Bowie or some other rock star, but now they're only with hubby. How sweet, right?
love.gif
Speaking of rock stars...My dream last night was that I went partying with Joan Jett and she made me scrambled eggs and toast the next morning.

#17 ·
so i just had a dream that i had to go back to my senior year of high school, my life and body exactly as they are in this very moment (at the age of 33). except that all of my friends (and academic rivals) were still 18. it was... awkward.

oh, pregnancy dreams, you really mess with my head sometimes.

#18 ·
I've had a bunch of stress dreams, too.

NO High School dreams in a while, but I get those too - wandering around looking for my class or worrying because I didn't study for a test, and also my current age.

I had one that wasn't so bad a couple of nights ago - a little stressful but also kind of fun - a bunch of friends, maybe 20 or so, moved into our house with us (which was much bigger in the dream than in reality) and we were trying to figure out how it would work. I ended up having to go to the grocery store a lot of times because I kept forgetting things and there was a TON of snow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.