13 weeks.....can you tell me how you're feeling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello mamas!  I am crashing this DDC because my EDD got changed when I went to the doctor last.  It went from Feb 1 to January 26.  I have been posting in the February DDC, but have some questions that those mamas wouldn't be able to answer as they are as far.

I am 13 weeks, as of last Sunday.  Have any of you mamas felt the baby's fluttering yet?  How are you feeling with nausea/morning sickness?  Did anyone not have any at all?  What about sleeping position?  Any strange feelings....Round Ligament pain?

I feel so good.  I have felt so good the whole time.  I haven't quite felt the baby's fluttering yet....would that surprise anyone if you hadn't by now? I have had a pain on the left side a bit, just a dull pain that will come every few days for a minute or two and go away.  Anyone have an idea of what that might be?  My uterus is definitely growing, though....I could be mistaken for being 6 months, instead of 3.  Maternity clothes were a big hit around week 8.  

Any insight on how you ladies are feeling around 13 weeks?  I am a bit paranoid as prior to this I had a miscarriage....and it really sucked.  Very emotional and draining.  We heard the heartbeat around 9 weeks; the doctor said that there is like a 2% chance of one once you hear the heartbeat, but I still worry.  Every. Second.

Thanks mamas!

Wife to the most amazing man and the funniest little girl born Sept 2007-- belly.gifIt's a boy! January 2012

#2 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 05:44 PM

I felt the baby squirming in the 11th week and a huge "kick" at 13 weeks. Now I feel him every day at 15 weeks----more flutters and some pokes now. 

I was super nausea from week 5 until week 13. It suddenly stopped but not before getting worse around 12 weeks! The only pregnancy I didn't have any MS at all was with the miscarriage earlier this year. Not even a hint of nausea. I thought I was getting a free ticket...only find out our baby died around week 7. 

I sleep on my right side with my left leg bent towards my chest and hugging a pillow. I do get round ligament pain....just started a week or so ago. Hurts when I strain my lower abs..the ones above my pubic bone. It hurts a lot for a few seconds! 

Will your OB/midwife let you go in for a doppler reading to ease your mind? 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#3 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 PM

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and sound a lot like you.  Pregnancy suits me and I have no complaints.  This is my third pregnancy (that is going to make it to full-term) and I've never felt as much as a movement until much, much later...I think around 17-18 weeks.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 06:26 PM

I'm 13 weeks at the end of this week.  I'm not really feeling a whole lot of anything right now, which freaked me out a bit last week, but then I realized that is actually normal.  I have had a very dull headache for about 2 days though.  My uterus is becoming noticeable (not quite a bump yet, but getting there).  You are so lucky to have heard the heartbeat! My midwife doesn't even look until 16 weeks (with doppler).  Have you had an ultrasound? Maybe one would make you feel a bit more secure.  If you can turn your brain off for a moment, what is your body telling you about this pregnancy? I haven't felt movement yet, and another girl I know who is now 18 weeks didn't feel it until last week. I'm still sleeping more or less on my stomach, my hips really don't like it when I lay on my side all night.  I really don't know what I'll do once the stomach is no longer an option.  Maybe the dull pain you are experiencing is the uterus growing?  Someone on this board said not to long ago that as long as your belly is growing your baby is growing.  I take a lot of comfort in that if I ever feel insecure.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#5 of 9 Old 07-20-2011, 12:25 AM

It's "normal" to not feel the baby moving until at least 17 weeks. In fact, if you read any medical info, it will say that's the [i]earliest[/i] you'll feel movement & it could be as late as 24 weeks. I don't know if the women here are more in tune or what, but a lot of us have felt movement sooner (as you can see from the thread).

BTW, the changed date may or may not be accurate. Dating can be 7-10 days off at this point & you're well within the margin of error. Given this would be your first term pregnancy, putting the date earlier is an even worse idea, since first pregnancies last an average of just over 41 weeks. Check out the thread Informal Study for an idea of how much of a guess the EDD really is.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#6 of 9 Old 07-20-2011, 04:41 AM

I am 12 weeks, 4 days and I am feeling pretty good now. I had some nausea, and its gone. I had some back pain, and its gone. I still have some skin issues that Im working on, but dry skin isnt the end of the world! I have felt the baby 3-4 times, mainly when Im laying down and am really paying attention. I could pass for 5 months pregnant, easily, so dont feel bad!!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#7 of 9 Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 AM

I'm 13.5 weeks now. I am still exhausted, really looking forward to that second trimester burst of energy I swear I had with the other three.  I think I might have felt a few little flutters from the baby but nothing I'm certain was actually the baby and not just digestion. winky.gif  I've lost 13 pounds which is kind of concerning but my midwife isn't worried yet.  I'm getting round ligament pain occasionally, and a few days ago started getting aches in my legs and charley horses in my calves. So far for me this pregnancy has not been fun, but I know the fun will come. I'm just not there yet.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#8 of 9 Old 07-22-2011, 10:47 AM

ive been nauseaous my entire pregnancy... its no fun... i have acid reflux to begin with but now it radiates in my knee caps.... Brody is already very long for only being at 13 weeks....so he creates so much pressure when he moves around my bladder is his trampoline...but im so excited his HR was 125 bpm my last appt and hes just beautiful... its all gonna be worth it once hes here tho!!

#9 of 9 Old 07-23-2011, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Im feeling much much better here, but still get a nausea attack in the afternoon, and have been getting more acid reflux.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page