Sad news... (but new, happy update #129) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Diana, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss but also so amazed and happy to hear that Baby Girl is still hanging in there. You're in my thoughts right now.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#62 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 11:15 AM

diana- sounds like the night times are really stressful for you.  maybe a warm bath before you get into bed, or a glass of something warm and calming to help your body rest.  sure wish we could have some wine!  i'd share a bottle of red with you!

hanging on to your every word!

all of your baby's aunties here on mdc are going to be so relieved once you get through the next week!

writinglove likes this.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#63 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

I can't take baths!!  mecry.gif  Or swim, which is one of my favorite activities while pregnant and with DS.  We live a 5 minute walk from a lake with a beach, and it stinks!  Of course it's for a good cause, since I don't want ANY chance of infection, but still...

Night time is really stressful.  I can get to sleep just fine, but once I wake up to pee, it's like it's all downhill from there.  Then I start analyzing every little twinge.  Hopefully there won't be any more contractions.  I drank a ton of water, since I've read that dehydration can bring them on, and then I just had to get up more to pee!  irked.gif

Someone suggested Rescue Remedy to me, and I'm going to check our local HFS to see if maybe they carry it.  I'm seriously considering taking one of my anti-nausea pills, 'cause they made me so sleepy.  But then I worry I wouldn't hear DS if he got up.  Hopefully tonight will be better.  At least I'm in a better frame of mind today, even if I'm still exhausted.

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#64 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 12:29 PM

I've been getting those BH contractions the last few days for the first time this pregnancy so I bet it's unrelated! STAY PUT Baby girl! 

And the HFCS and sprinkles orgy made me LOL!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#65 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post

I can't take baths!!  mecry.gif  Or swim, which is one of my favorite activities while pregnant and with DS.  We live a 5 minute walk from a lake with a beach, and it stinks!  Of course it's for a good cause, since I don't want ANY chance of infection, but still...

Night time is really stressful.  I can get to sleep just fine, but once I wake up to pee, it's like it's all downhill from there.  Then I start analyzing every little twinge.  Hopefully there won't be any more contractions.  I drank a ton of water, since I've read that dehydration can bring them on, and then I just had to get up more to pee!  irked.gif

Someone suggested Rescue Remedy to me, and I'm going to check our local HFS to see if maybe they carry it.  I'm seriously considering taking one of my anti-nausea pills, 'cause they made me so sleepy.  But then I worry I wouldn't hear DS if he got up.  Hopefully tonight will be better.  At least I'm in a better frame of mind today, even if I'm still exhausted.

if you are open to Rescue Remedy, then get yourself some homeopathic Ignatia 30C! It's awesome for grief and emotional ups and down. Take 2 doses around 10 hours apart and then wait. Only repeat if it helps but then starts to dissipate. 

#66 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

if you are open to Rescue Remedy, then get yourself some homeopathic Ignatia 30C! It's awesome for grief and emotional ups and down. Take 2 doses around 10 hours apart and then wait. Only repeat if it helps but then starts to dissipate. 

"Emotional ups and downs", LOL.  Yeah, that's me!  I just called our HFS, and they have it.  I'm going to go pick it up tonight after work.  I might get some Rescue Remedy, too, just to have.

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#67 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Ummm, Ignatia contains strychnine.  bigeyes.gif  Especially not safe during pregnancy.  Guess I'll pass on that.

#68 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Ummm, Ignatia contains strychnine.  bigeyes.gif  Especially not safe during pregnancy.  Guess I'll pass on that.

Homeopathic Ignatia does not contain strychnine. The crude/raw form does but when it's homeopathically made, there is nothing left of anything in the plant except it's energetic imprint. Not a single molecule of anything left---just the imprint! One plant but two very separate preparations of it. I've already taken it this pregnancy. I've also taken other homeopathic remedies. It's safe. You're taking 2 doses of a mild potency. FWIW I'm a certified homeopath and I wouldn't recommend this if I thought it would harm you and your baby. 

#69 of 162 Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

How do I know if it's properly prepared? Any recommended brands?

#70 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 AM

it's morning, and my thoughts are of you guys!

i was awake a bunch last night, and kept wondering how you were doing.  i sent you all my vibes for a good night's rest!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#71 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Things aren't looking good.  I started cramping and having contractions last night, and I lost maybe 3 good-sized pieces of what appeared to me to be placenta.  I also lost a lot of fluid at one point, but I wasn't able to determine really how much or what color it was, because I was sitting on the toilet at the time.  There's a really good chance that it was amniotic fluid.  I pretty much prepared for the worst and resigned myself to the fact that I was having a miscarriage.

And then it all stopped.  Again.  I wish my body would figure out what the heck it's doing and do it already.  

I called my midwife, and the ultrasound tech doesn't come in til this afternoon.  I have an appointment at 12:45 to see what's going on with my cervix, the placenta, and amniotic fluid levels.  I'm almost scared that the baby will still have a heartbeat.  I sort of just don't want to hope anymore.  My midwife wasn't terribly optimistic, but also seemed confused that everything had suddenly stopped.  I can still feel the baby high up in my uterus, laying transverse.  I thought I felt movement once, but I'm nowhere near sure.

I just don't know.

#72 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:

Things aren't looking good.  I started cramping and having contractions last night, and I lost maybe 3 good-sized pieces of what appeared to me to be placenta.  I also lost a lot of fluid at one point, but I wasn't able to determine really how much or what color it was, because I was sitting on the toilet at the time.  There's a really good chance that it was amniotic fluid.  I pretty much prepared for the worst and resigned myself to the fact that I was having a miscarriage.

And then it all stopped.  Again.  I wish my body would figure out what the heck it's doing and do it already.  

I called my midwife, and the ultrasound tech doesn't come in til this afternoon.  I have an appointment at 12:45 to see what's going on with my cervix, the placenta, and amniotic fluid levels.  I'm almost scared that the baby will still have a heartbeat.  I sort of just don't want to hope anymore.  My midwife wasn't terribly optimistic, but also seemed confused that everything had suddenly stopped.  I can still feel the baby high up in my uterus, laying transverse.  I thought I felt movement once, but I'm nowhere near sure.

I just don't know.

Oh no! praying.gif  Praying it's just your body preparing for her to settle in and nothing more. 

To answer your question, you can get the blue Boiron tubes at most local health food stores. Hylands might also have it. Both are decent pharmacies! 

#73 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 AM

Sending so much love your way, Diana.  Please update after the ultrasound.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#74 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Love to you. 

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#75 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 10:39 AM

i'm glued to the computer.

sending my love.

#76 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

The only "good" news is that the baby still has a heartbeat (154).  My membranes did rupture, likely from all the contracting to pass a large piece of placenta last night.  The baby has some fluid, but not much.  The doc says not enough for lung development, but I've read ClaireB's story here, and I still have a shred of hope.  My cervix was more open than it was before, but I'm still passing bits and pieces. It's not fully dilated or anything, so they have no idea if I'm close to a full-blown miscarriage or not.

Basically, we're still wait-and-see.  The OB is going to talk to the perinatologist to see if an infusion of fluid may do some good.  The OB was of the opinion that is of more risk than benefit right now. There is a small chance that the membranes will repair themselves and/or refill, but it's not likely.

I was so shocked that there was still a heartbeat.  If nothing else, this little baby girl is a hell of a fighter.  

#77 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 11:49 AM

oh, diana. grouphug.gif

i will hold onto hope.  i know i am not alone.

#78 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 PM

Right here with you, Diana. grouphug.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#79 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 12:06 PM

Sending up buckets of prayers and lots of love to you.

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#80 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 PM

Hoping and praying for you and your little girl!

Milly, stumbling horribly on God's path, married to my amazing Superhero, and mama to my 3 awesome boys, and my amazing rainbow baby girl!  Missing our Little One, lost 11/09, and our son, stillborn 11/10

#81 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 12:14 PM

Come on, Baby Girl!  I'm praying with you, Mama, for a miracle! 

#82 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 PM

Keep fighting, Baby Girl!

Angela
#83 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 01:39 PM

Praying for you and your little girl.  She is quite the fighter!

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#84 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 01:59 PM

I don't post on here much but wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you and sending thoughts of a healthy baby girl your way since I read your first post. Still envisioning a beautiful miracle for you!

#85 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM

i am so sorry. i hope all goes well. we are thinking and praying for you in dc.

#86 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Diana...I don't know what to say.  I'm just praying hard that your membranes reseal and she will be okay.  Much love, light, and strength to you and your family.

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#87 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Obviously she is hanging on and doesn't want to go anywhere!! Hopefully your doctors can figure something out to keep you and her healthy. best wishes!  Fingers crossed!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#88 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh.  What a long, crappy, trying day.  I can still feel baby girl moving around, and my heart just breaks that my body isn't the safe place for her that it should be.  guilty.gif

My temp is up to a little over 100F, and every other time I've had a temperature spike, it's meant that I'm preparing to lose more tissue/placenta/whatever.  I'm NOT looking forward to tonight.  The cervix and uterus aren't supposed to be voluntary muscles, but I wonder if somehow I'm holding everything in during the day and it can only come out after I've gone to sleep.  I've heard of women holding off having babies during wars or for spouses to arrive, and I wonder if I'm inadvertently just prolonging things.

Part of me wants so badly to just be done.  I don't see a happy ending to this no matter what, since there will be physical effects to my baby even if she manages to make it to viability.  And then I feel her wiggle around inside me, and I know I can't possibly give up when she's fighting so hard.  What a horrible place to be.

As always, please keep us in your prayers.  I'm so grateful to have a wonderful DH, an incredibly supportive and helpful mom, great family and friends, and you guys here all rooting for us.  It means a lot.

#89 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 PM

i've been staying close to the computer all day, and i will be checking in till i go to bed late tonight, and first thing tomorrow.  it helps me feel nearer to you, diana... i wish i could do more to care for you right now.  there are so many people who are thinking of you and your baby tonight, and sending you both a lot of love.

hcm

#90 of 162 Old 07-28-2011, 07:16 PM

I wish you peace, Diana. So much love for you and Baby Girl.

Angela

Tags
Grief Support Group Curriculum Set , Healing The Bereaved Child Grief Gardening Growth Through Grief And Other Touchstones For Caregivers , In The Presence Of Grief Helping Family Members Resolve Death Dying And Bereavement Issues , Why Did You Die Activities To Help Children Cope With Grief Loss

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page