Sad news... (but new, happy update #129) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

#121 of 162 Old 07-31-2011, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

diana, you remain a constant in my thoughts.  i love the names you gave your children.

we miss you around here.

hope that you are doing ok.  grouphug.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 162 Old 08-01-2011, 05:20 AM

Rest in peace, Owen and Sophia.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#123 of 162 Old 08-01-2011, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all the condolences, thoughts, prayers, and support.  You ladies really are awesome.  grouphug.gif

I'm doing okay, or at least as well as I possibly can be under the circumstances.  Grief seems to come in waves.  The first day, I felt terribly guilty.  Then just sad.  I'm also a little angry.  I feel like I got cheated; I was supposed to have two babies, and now I'm not going to have any.  It's rough.  I'm waiting for my really bad day to come along, like it did after Owen's birth and before Sophia's.  I know there will be (at least) one day where I'll be an absolute emotional wreck the entire day, but it's kind of nice to get it all out at once.  

I'm pretty sure my milk is coming in.  I was going to pump and donate it to our milk bank, but they don't accept donations after a transfusion until 4 months have gone by.  It seemed like it would be a nice thing to do in the month or so before I go back to work (and probably for a while afterwards), but I can't pump and dump for 4 months.  I don't think I could handle it emotionally.  I'm trying to decide whether to pump and give it to DS, but there is a little part of me that worries.  If my milk isn't safe enough to donate, is it safe enough for him?  He's getting organic, grass-fed milk from a local farm, so I'm not sure my milk would be any healthier/more beneficial at this point.

DH and I had talked before we even started TTC this year, and we'd decided that if we ever had another loss, we'd just stop and be happy with our little family.  I realize I can't make any truly rational decisions right now, but I'm fairly certain that when I'm able, I want to try just one more time.  The idea of another loss like this terrifies me, and I know I'd spend my pregnancy even more anxious than I was this time.  There are a lot of logical reasons against it: I have my dream job waiting for me back at work (K9 officer), it would be a financial setback to have me off work again, and it means continuing to postpone fixing up and selling our home.  But I want so badly for DS to have a sibling.  I want to have another newborn nurse, watch him/her learn to coo, to smile, to crawl.  I want a rainbow after all of our tears...  And in the grand scheme of things, it seems silly to put work, money, and the like ahead of family.  I may regret not pursuing my dream job, but I think I'd regret even more not allowing another child into our hearts and lives.  But I don't have to decide right now.

I think I'll officially say goodbye to this DDC now.  I'm having a good day so far, and it feels like the right thing to do.  I'm going to post much of my contributions to this thread to my blog (which has mostly been about fixing up our old house and our homesteading journey), and I'll continue to update there as well as in the PABL forums in case anyone wants to "follow along".  

I just want to say again, you ladies have really been awesome.  I'm constantly amazed at the amount of love virtual strangers can offer each other.  I've seen mamas here send others their breastmilk, offer unconditional support in times of need, and cheer each other on over victories insignificant to outsiders.  It's amazing, and I'm grateful to be part of it.  I hope that someday I can help another mama as much as I've been helped.  Thank you  blowkiss.gif

Strong single mama
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to Ethan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(9/09) and Rowyn
(7/12)

#124 of 162 Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 AM

I am just so, so sorry... I wish you peace and healing for your body and heart.  hug2.gif

#125 of 162 Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Grief has a life of its own. Just let it move through you. Honor whatever feelings that come up...especially anger. I, for one, never expected such intense anger. It does feel like you've been cheated. If the grief becomes too unbearable, send me a PM and I'll send you more info on homeopathy for grief. And you may just find that you do not have to make a decision about another child for your family. Sometimes that also takes on a life of its own! Lots of love to you.hug.gif

Off to read your blog...

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#126 of 162 Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So sorry for your losses. :( Keeping you in my prayers.

Nova 12/11
Capri 1/14
Camry 11/15.
#127 of 162 Old 08-04-2011, 10:47 AM

I just saw this in the new posts.   I just had to tell you how truly sorry I am. 

#128 of 162 Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers and hugs to you and your family. Take care of yourself.

#129 of 162 Old 11-05-2011, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hi again ladies.  It's been a while, but I've been lurking on here off and on and have enjoyed seeing you all progress with your pregnancies.  I'm so glad you are all doing well.

I just thought I'd pop back in to say that I got a positive pregnancy test this morning  love.gif  You were all so wonderful during what was easily the most awful time in my life, and I'm so grateful for your care and support.  DH and I are slowly healing, and in an odd twist of fate, our new bean's EDD is the same day I lost Owen (Baby A).  Although I know nothing in life is certain, right now I'm feeling very happy and blessed.  I hope it's okay that I'm posting here again, but I felt like you all deserved an update now that things are looking up a bit. 

Love and best wishes to you all during your upcoming births!!

writinglove and chilichiki like this.

Strong single mama
to Ethan
(9/09) and Rowyn
(7/12)
#130 of 162 Old 11-05-2011, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Congratulations! I hope you have a very healthy & happy pregnancy!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#131 of 162 Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 PM

That's so wonderful! Congratulations, and sending healing thoughts for you & DH, wishing a beautiful pregnancy for you :)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#132 of 162 Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 PM

Yay!!!  So happy for you!  I hope you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy with this little one!

#133 of 162 Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Yay!  Congratulations, I hope this pregnancy is just blissful and uneventful!

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#134 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 04:18 AM

This is, by far, the best thing to read first thing in the morning!  Congratulations!!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#135 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 AM

love.gif

Wishing you and DH a healthy and healing time ahead!

#136 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 06:51 AM

CONGRATS!!!!  Please keep us updated, please please please!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#137 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!  love.gif  I'll definitely let you know how things progress.  I'll be calling my midwife on Monday, and I'd like to get in for an early ultrasound in about a month to see if maybe there is more than one in there...

Strong single mama
to Ethan
(9/09) and Rowyn
(7/12)
#138 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm really happy to hear your good news, I think you're stuck with all of us caring about you and your new little bean, and appreciating any updates you give us. You're still one of us.

#139 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Congrats!!!! That is wonderful news!!!!!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#140 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 10:04 AM

YAY!! Many congratulations!

Healthcare is a human right!
#141 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

congratulations!  That is wonderful news after your heart breaking loss.  I hope you are feeling well and have an absolutely boring pregnancy!

Loving wife to DH 
 mama to DS1 3/13/09 
, DS2 4/20/11  
and DS3 1/12/13
Professional 
and attempting to 
 while 

#142 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Thats WONDERFUL!!!!!!!  Congratulations!!!

#143 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you, and am wishing you a wonderful pregnancy! Please keep updating :)

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#144 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Hurray!!!!  I can't imagine better news, I am beyond thrilled for you!!  Have a safe and uneventful pregnancy and be sure to come back to tell us how things are progressing!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)

m/c 07/14
and
Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#145 of 162 Old 11-06-2011, 04:25 PM

What wonderful and amazing news!!  So happy for you!!  Sending best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

#146 of 162 Old 11-07-2011, 05:59 AM

Diana, it's so good to hear an update from you.  Congratulations and best wishes for a healthy & happy pregnancy!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#147 of 162 Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 AM

Amazing!!! Congratulations! joy.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#148 of 162 Old 11-07-2011, 10:10 AM

Congratulations, Diana! I hope you have a simple, beautiful, easy pregnancy!

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#149 of 162 Old 11-08-2011, 09:18 AM

oh, diana, i am so happy for you.  i have thought of you and your family every day (really, i mean it).  your news makes my heart glad.

yes, please do keep us posted!  i really, really want to know how you are!

love.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#150 of 162 Old 11-08-2011, 10:28 AM

Congratulations!!!

Tags
Grief Support Group Curriculum Set , Healing The Bereaved Child Grief Gardening Growth Through Grief And Other Touchstones For Caregivers , In The Presence Of Grief Helping Family Members Resolve Death Dying And Bereavement Issues , Why Did You Die Activities To Help Children Cope With Grief Loss

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page