Sad news... (but new, happy update #129) - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 162 Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so sorry you lost your babies and want to send you my condolences and congrats on the new baby at the same time ((((()))))

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#152 of 162 Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

oh, diana, i am so happy for you.  i have thought of you and your family every day (really, i mean it).  your news makes my heart glad.

yes, please do keep us posted!  i really, really want to know how you are!

love.gif

Thanks HCM  love.gif  You (and many others) were so great to have around during those crazy 10 days between losing each baby.  Just knowing that so many people cared and were hoping, praying, and sending good thoughts was so helpful.  I'm still devastated by the loss, but in a mentally healthy, non-destructive way, and I believe a large part of that is because I had so much support during this whole ordeal. 

First midwife appointment is on the 30th.  Even though I'm usually pretty hands-off, I'm having an early ultrasound just to see how many are in there and to reassure me that baby/babies are healthy.  Right now I'm just trying to take one day at a time.  I'm only really 12 days pregnant, so I have a long way to go... 

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#153 of 162 Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I am so glad to hear of your happy news!  I think of you often and wondered how things were going.  I hope you have a very healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#154 of 162 Old 12-03-2011, 06:11 AM

how'd your first appointment go, diana?  i've been wondering!

hope you're feeling well! blowkiss.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#155 of 162 Old 12-03-2011, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for checking on me!  Things have been a little hectic and crazy, and I forgot to post...  I had a pretty big gush of bleeding at exactly 4 weeks.  I thought for sure I'd had a "chemical" pregnancy, but there was no bleeding after the initial gush, though I cramped a lot before and after.  I went for an ultrasound about 6 days later, and they found a gestational sac (just one!) measuring exactly 5 weeks.  Nothing else was visible, but obviously it was really early...  I continued to spot, though it was brown and not red.   By the time I went back on the 30th, I was just having a teeny bit of light brown and finally didn't have to wear a pantyliner any more.

But on the 30th, they found a fairly large subchorionic hematoma (bleeding or a clot between the amniotic sac and the uterus).  I didn't ask for measurements, but it looked to be surrounding the sac around half of its circumference.  On the positive side, most SCHs heal themselves by 20 weeks and the babies are fine.  But if it doesn't (and until it does), I'm at increased risk for placental abruption, PPROM, preterm labor, and spontaneous abortion.  My doctor said he would give me an 80% chance of not developing any more problems.  According to the internet research I've done, 1-3% of SCHs result in a miscarriage.

I'm trying (and mostly succeeding) to stay positive.  I'm taking it very easy, on full pelvic rest, and taking extra vitamin E to help strengthen the amniotic sac and developing placenta.  I'm also looking in to acupuncture.  Even if it only helps me to stay calm and positive, I think it would be completely worth any expense.  The good news is that the baby appears to be fine and is growing perfectly. 

I go back for another ultrasound on the 13th (I think).  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  Again....  

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#156 of 162 Old 12-03-2011, 09:10 AM

man, diana... i'm sorry your pregnancy has started stressfully!  i have a really good friend who had a SCH that bled profusely every day throughout the first trimester.  it was traumatic for her, too, because she had just suffered two back-to-back miscarriages, pretty far along.  but she made it through, and her daughter is going to turn two soon.  i will definitely hold you and your little baby very close in my heart!  the last thing you need is any more of that "wisdom" that comes through challenging experiences like this. 

fingers crossed for a good report after the 13th!  sending lots of love until then.smile.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#157 of 162 Old 12-03-2011, 10:47 AM

My little boy will be four on your little one's EDD. He thinks it's a great day to be born. joy.gifHH9M!!! 

Eva, Tired Single Mama of Hurricane Bella~3/06 and Boy Bug Silas~7/08 fencing.gif

delayedvax.gifintactlact.gifcd.gif

#158 of 162 Old 12-03-2011, 01:27 PM

Diana - I wish I could tell this new kid that you need to catch a break and slow down on all the ways to make mama worry.

Let's hope bedrest does wonders and July proves to be an awesome month for your family. :)

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#159 of 162 Old 12-03-2011, 02:40 PM

Thanks for the update! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Please stick, Little Bean!!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#160 of 162 Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 PM

thought of you in full force today, diana.  did you have the u/s?  hope you are both hanging in there!

#161 of 162 Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 PM

congratulations! After losing twins (one at 7 weeks and the other at 13 weeks), I delivered a healthy baby.  Her due date was the same as the twins, just a year later (2008)...  And I have had two more since then too, all with no complications.  All beautiful home births.  Best of luck to you!

#162 of 162 Old 12-15-2011, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

HCM - Yes, we had the next ultrasound.  It was at 8w4d, and everything is looking good.  The SCH is still there, but has shrank dramatically.  The OB was one who I've never seen before, but she was very optimistic and said I could return to normal activity levels.  But I'm going to err on the side of caution and still take it easy.  I've seen too many stories of women who had SCHs "heal" and then reappear a few weeks later.  And since I'm not scheduled for any more ultrasounds, I won't know if it's back.  But it was so nice to have some good news!  I think I'll be a nervous wreck for a while, but I think that just kind of comes with the territory...

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's perfect little babies in the next month or so...  I'm really excited for you guys!  love.gif

Tags
Grief Support Group Curriculum Set , Healing The Bereaved Child Grief Gardening Growth Through Grief And Other Touchstones For Caregivers , In The Presence Of Grief Helping Family Members Resolve Death Dying And Bereavement Issues , Why Did You Die Activities To Help Children Cope With Grief Loss

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page