Felt the baby move today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

15 weeks 3 days. That's all. :-D

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't wait!   :)

wool.gif   homebirth.jpg   treehugger.gif

Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 PM

Ah! That's so exciting! I'm 16 weeks and a couple days and I felt the baby move last week I think..I was really focused on just relaxing and then I felt this flutter right where peanut is..weird!!

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 07-27-2011, 05:47 AM

yay!!  dp has been feeling our wee one wriggle for a few weeks now (we are 17w5d) and last night she felt a kick on the outside!!  :) 

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 07-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

I think i just felt a couple of light kicks!!! Im only 14 weeks, but have felt  some fluttering as early as 11 weeks. 

I love feeling anything that reassures me everything is ok :-)

Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

The other night, DH was feeling around where baby is and I felt something like a mexican jumping bean in that area, if that makes sense.  Is it in my head?  Sometimes I'll feel something like a little rumble or rippling down there, and I am never sure if it's gas, a twitch or the babe.  Gah!  I can't wait until I feel something definitive!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Congrats, lactatinggirl!!  Feeling movement is so amazing!!!

I felt the first movement from the outside at 15wks 1 day, and then DH felt a STRONG kick at 15wks 3 days, and my mom felt it the day before yesterday at 15wks 5 days.  This is my first pregnancy!  My fundus is also measuring a bit high for just 16 weeks (today)...it's 1-2 fingerbreadths below my belly button.  I'm wondering if it's because I'm short?  Dunno...but the little Sprout moves regularly now every day, and she's especially active when I eat something sweet. innocent.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
Old 07-28-2011, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

element2012, that sounds like movement to me.  A friend tried to tell me that I'm too early to feel movement and that it was probably just gas or poop.  I told her poop doesn't kick!  Haha!! 

You might want to try drinking some cold orange or apple juice, and then in about half an hour, lay down flat on the floor and put your hands gently on your lower abdomen...just above your pubic bone.  If you're already feeling the little jumping bean, you'll probably feel more definitive movement if you try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element2012 View Post

The other night, DH was feeling around where baby is and I felt something like a mexican jumping bean in that area, if that makes sense.  Is it in my head?  Sometimes I'll feel something like a little rumble or rippling down there, and I am never sure if it's gas, a twitch or the babe.  Gah!  I can't wait until I feel something definitive!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
Old 07-29-2011, 12:37 PM

I'm 16 weeks & 4 days... felt the baby move this morning! Yay :)  it actually felt like he was flipping over hah, very exciting for momma :)

Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 PM

Hi everyone, I'm 18 weeks and I haven't been feeling much movement for a few days--is that normal? I had been feeling pretty regular movement

Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM

I want to feel something!  I'm only 15w3d, though.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Hdang, this early on baby movement is often pretty sporadic. If you've been feeling it consistently and aren't now, though,  it wouldn't hurt to get checked if you're worried.

I'm beginning to think I have an anterior placenta again. The only other options are an incredibly laid back baby or something is wrong. I have a "routine" anatomy ultrasound scheduled for next week so I guess I'll find out then. I have never felt so little movement, even with ds1, who definitely had an anterior placenta. I have felt a little bit, at least. One thing with my second 2 planned pregnancies, I was able to greatly reduce my chances of an anterior placenta.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 PM

Thanks Devaskyla, I have a routine US on Monday so I guess I'll find out then if everything is okay.. just haven't felt the same fluttering feelings I felt initially. Hope everything works out with your US too.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:47 PM

Hdang - is this your first?  I know my daughter moved non-stop (she's a *very* active kid, too) in utero so that non-feeling would have been alarming.  My son would go for days without nary a movement (which also fits his personality).  It might be possible that you are just going to have a mellow kid, but absolutely talk to your care provider if you feel like something might be off.  Good luck on Monday!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012

User Tag List