How much weight have you gained? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 119 Old 09-14-2011, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Checking back in. I'm 22 weeks now and zeroed out at my pre-pregnancy weight a couple weeks ago. Still sitting right around there (I may have gained a pound more, but I wasn't entirely sure on my pre-pregnancy weight to begin with). I am frickin' HUGE and everyone knows I'm pregnant when they look at me (as opposed to just wondering), so I'm not worried about it. I have a midwife appointment this Friday and I'm sure she won't be worried either because she wasn't when I went down by 10 lbs during the first trimester (I didn't even vomit, so who knows why).

I was slightly overweight before I got pregnant (BMI of 27) because I never lost that last 10-15 lbs after DD was born (apparently that's common when you're still breastfeeding. Comes off fast, but then the last bit sticks around).

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#62 of 119 Old 10-14-2011, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

I was slightly overweight before I got pregnant (BMI of 27) because I never lost that last 10-15 lbs after DD was born (apparently that's common when you're still breastfeeding. Comes off fast, but then the last bit sticks around).

This is good to hear! I had 12 more lbs to lose till I was at my goal weight, then I got pregnant. So needless to say Im over in my prego weight. Im just hoping the breastfeeding will help out with the weight loss.

Wife partners.gif  mama to our son (01/03/2012) babyboy.gif  for bf bfinfant.gif & familybed1.gif

#63 of 119 Old 10-15-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm 28 weeks and gained somewhere between 16-18 lbs. Does anyone else get super huge some days and then it just kind of goes away? I don't know if it's gas or bloating or what but it is soooo uncomfortable.

#64 of 119 Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdang View Post

I'm 28 weeks and gained somewhere between 16-18 lbs. Does anyone else get super huge some days and then it just kind of goes away? I don't know if it's gas or bloating or what but it is soooo uncomfortable.

Yes!  I feel this awful stretching, like someone's blowing up my uterus like a balloon, and then it goes away for a few days but I notice that my belly is bigger after that.  It happens about once a week... I call it my "growing days" and DH knows to stay out of the way while I walk around moaning and rubbing my sides.  :)

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#65 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

You described the feeling perfectly.  It does totally feel like a balloon!  My pelvic bones usually ache more on those days too.  I get it about every 3-4 days typically.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

Yes!  I feel this awful stretching, like someone's blowing up my uterus like a balloon, and then it goes away for a few days but I notice that my belly is bigger after that.  It happens about once a week... I call it my "growing days" and DH knows to stay out of the way while I walk around moaning and rubbing my sides.  :)

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#66 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Now I am 26 weeks and am still at -4lbs from my starting weight, but I do feel huge. I have those "growing days" too where I feel the size of a house and everything feels like it is stretched to the maximum and then the next day I will think my belly looks too small for how far along I am :)

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#67 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwifeErika View Post

and then the next day I will think my belly looks too small for how far along I am :)

It's so funny that you say this as I was looking at the belly photos thread and just noting how huge the variations are for being so close together.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#68 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 PM

Wow, I'm glad someone else is experiencing the balloon days....I waddle like a duck on those days and it does really happen every few days! 

Weight gain so far at 28.4 weeks is....drumroll please....33lbs! oops.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#69 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 01:59 PM

anyone else feel small in the mornings and much larger by night?  i have felt this with all of my pregnancies, no matter the gestation.  i always feel much smaller when i first get up, and by the end of the day, it's like all of my organs have spaced themselves out.  i wonder if it's a matter of posture or something, that makes my uterus settle outward by evening.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#70 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 03:08 PM

28.5 weeks, 7 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, and incredibly discouraged about it. I was up 10 pounds at my checkup in early September, and now I am struggling to put that same weight back on again, after losing nearly all of it to a bout of gastroenteritis in the space of only four days. The kicker is that I've been 35 pounds overweight before (successfully lost it and kept it off), so it's not like I don't know how to get there-- ice cream bars and pasta sure worked like magic last time wink1.gif !  But if I did that now my glucometer would go berserk, and that would be bad for me and the baby. So...  I'm frustrated and impatient. I want to be back to a reasonable weight *right now* but eating healthy and keeping my blood sugar normal seems to mean all gains are really slow, even the seriously needed ones. greensad.gif

Anyone got any tips on how to gain weight without making my blood sugar crazy?

#71 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunteater View Post

28.5 weeks, 7 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, and incredibly discouraged about it. I was up 10 pounds at my checkup in early September, and now I am struggling to put that same weight back on again, after losing nearly all of it to a bout of gastroenteritis in the space of only four days. The kicker is that I've been 35 pounds overweight before (successfully lost it and kept it off), so it's not like I don't know how to get there-- ice cream bars and pasta sure worked like magic last time wink1.gif !  But if I did that now my glucometer would go berserk, and that would be bad for me and the baby. So...  I'm frustrated and impatient. I want to be back to a reasonable weight *right now* but eating healthy and keeping my blood sugar normal seems to mean all gains are really slow, even the seriously needed ones. greensad.gif

Nuts and seeds.  Easy!

Nuts and seeds are a great source of healthy fat, plus protein, iron, and minerals.  They're easy to incorporate into so many foods (crush 'em into pancakes, sprinkle 'em on salads, spread 'em on toast, toss 'em in a stir fry...).   Sunflower and pumpkin seeds are excellent and chock-full of nutrition, and as for nuts my favorites are almonds.  Check the nutrition numbers on the package to see which nuts give you the most bang for your buck.  Trader Joe's carries pepitas, which are a Mexican pumpkin seed, and they are absolutely delicious and very nutritious.  Happy munching!

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#72 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I'm having the same problem.  I'm 2 pounds over my prepregnancy weight and I'm diabetic too.  I saw a nutritionist and she told me to eat lots and lots of veggies and proteins (especially nuts) and to add olive oil to everything I could to get some healthy fats for the babies.  My endocrinologist said no sugar added ice cream (breyers makes a good one) was a good way to get some fat and calcium without affecting my sugars too much and to walk every time I ate something higher in carbs to keep the sugar levels down.  Cottage cheese is another thing I was told was good.  It's got fat and calcium and it's quite high in protein.

Quote:

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#73 of 119 Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 PM

Normally 160lbs, now 207! Which is awesome when you're carrying triplets. All that weight was gained on good stuff, too, so I'm thrilled. I second montessorimama's nuts idea. I've been eating full fat yogurt every morning with corn flakes and tons of almonds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pecans, blueberries (picked buckets of them when I could still bend over a couple months ago). Right before bed, I eat oatmeal with tons of chopped nuts in it (and maple syrup). I'm also drizzling the most luxurious olive oil I can find over all my soups, whole-grain pastas, and veggies. Super expensive stuff, but since our wine budget is way down... though that's the same excuse I'm using to justify the Ben&Jerry's budget being way up!

Keep eating, mamas!

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#74 of 119 Old 10-18-2011, 06:14 AM

I've gained 10kg (that's 22lbs) now at 27 weeks. The funny thing is I don't eat so much more than I normally do. My body just is really efficient (to put it nicely) in gaining during pregnancy.

I'm a steady weight gainer rather than going in spurts. Or at least I was last time. I hope I don't gain another 10 in the 3rd trimester because I am already feeling so uncomfortable. Maybe I need to exercise more. orngtongue.gif

Baby is measuring on schedule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

anyone else feel small in the mornings and much larger by night?  i have felt this with all of my pregnancies, no matter the gestation.  i always feel much smaller when i first get up, and by the end of the day, it's like all of my organs have spaced themselves out.  i wonder if it's a matter of posture or something, that makes my uterus settle outward by evening.

Yes, I've had this since early on. I blame it on the food I eat during the day. The bump gets especially round after a large meal!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#75 of 119 Old 10-18-2011, 03:17 PM

I definitely feel like the belly expands at night. It was the same pre-pregnancy too though...I felt thinnest in the morning.

At 27w2d I've gained 13 pounds. I'm pretty happy with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#76 of 119 Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 AM

argh, and I am back down another 3lbs again (so, back to 7lb below my starting weight). I guess work has been keeping me a bit too busy/stressed to get in everything I am supposed to. 

I think it is really normal for the end of the day to have more bloating along with muscles that are just a bit more tired and so they allow everything to just really stick out there.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#77 of 119 Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:

Bwahahaha!  I was underweight in college after a bout of Mono and I struggled to gain the weight back!  My guy friends (Bless Them!) all noticed I looked sick.  My chick friends were all jealous and kept telling me how great I looked (Ewww, I seriously looked like a crackhead or a zombie or something, you could see my veins all over).  I ate two ice-cream sandwiches and a pint of stout for breakfast every day!  Talk about crazy blood sugar!  Not my smartest diet.

#78 of 119 Old 10-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmythe View Post

Bwahahaha!  I was underweight in college after a bout of Mono and I struggled to gain the weight back!  My guy friends (Bless Them!) all noticed I looked sick.  My chick friends were all jealous and kept telling me how great I looked (Ewww, I seriously looked like a crackhead or a zombie or something, you could see my veins all over).  I ate two ice-cream sandwiches and a pint of stout for breakfast every day!  Talk about crazy blood sugar!  Not my smartest diet. 

I hear you!  Women my own age are like "oh, that's so cute, you're so skinny except for the belly!"  but I'm not getting the "oh, you have that pregnancy glow!" thing any more. The gaunt-cheeked sunken-eyed look just isn't a good one, and the more motherly types in my life, whose opinions I trust, just say "you look sick, are you feeling ok?"  It's weird how easy it is for women to get wrapped up in ideas about ideal weight when ideal health would be so much more... sane.

#79 of 119 Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 AM

i'm holding steady where I was at about 14 weeks, which was 7 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. My ob wasn't super concerned because baby was growing on track and he said he figured I'd "catch up" eventually...but now they're telling me I'm anemic. bah! i eat whenever I'm hungry and then some so I'm not sure what else to do! I do eat super healthy, I guess (no processed food, lots of fruit and veggies) and I've been trying to pay attention to getting more protein but some days, there just isn't room in my tummy or enough of an appetite to eat more!

#80 of 119 Old 10-19-2011, 12:54 PM

I haven't checked in for a while.  I had a growth spurt and am pretty much on the "normal" track now.  I'm 30 weeks and 15-17 lbs - hoping I won't gain more than 10 in the next 10 weeks, but not much about this pregnancy has been under my control so far and I don't expect that to change so we'll see what the final stats are!

#81 of 119 Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I went from 147lbs and 12 weeks, to 163lbs at 22 weeks, to 169lbs at 26 weeks.

#82 of 119 Old 10-19-2011, 03:07 PM

27 weeks. Started at 125 and now at 145. Didn't think I'd gain is so fast:) I practice yoga daily and eat very healthfully. I think I look AWESOME and I love my body so 20 lbs thus far seems good to me!

#83 of 119 Old 10-20-2011, 06:26 AM

I had gained about 20 at my last appointment and am guessing I'm up a few more since then.  It's about on par with my gain by this point last time, though my gain has been much more spread out this time.  (Last time I had hyperemesis until ~20 weeks and didn't start gaining until about 22 weeks.  Then I gained 55 lbs between then and 41.5 weeks, oy.)  I'm really hoping to not gain as much as I did last time and am a little dismayed that I've still managed to gain this much already despite getting a lot of exercise daily and eating healthily.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#84 of 119 Old 10-20-2011, 06:33 AM

Up 14 lbs at 25 weeks. Seem to be gaining slow and steady :)

#85 of 119 Old 10-20-2011, 05:37 PM

Almost 28 weeks. Checked my weight a few days ago & I had gone down 4lbs, for a total gain of 2lbs. Can't say I'm surprised, I was eating less while I was sick and my weight tends to go up & down during pregnancy. I've never wound up more than 10lbs above my starting weight, so I'm pretty normal for me.

Part of me is 'yay, weight loss!' since I gained 30lbs in the couple months right before getting pregnant due to hypothyroid (& I was already way over where I'm comfortable with my weight) and part of me is worrying about it & sure losing weight is either a sign of something bad or a sign I'm going to have an even smaller baby this time around.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#86 of 119 Old 11-01-2011, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

Almost 28 weeks. Checked my weight a few days ago & I had gone down 4lbs, for a total gain of 2lbs. Can't say I'm surprised, I was eating less while I was sick and my weight tends to go up & down during pregnancy. I've never wound up more than 10lbs above my starting weight, so I'm pretty normal for me.

Part of me is 'yay, weight loss!' since I gained 30lbs in the couple months right before getting pregnant due to hypothyroid (& I was already way over where I'm comfortable with my weight) and part of me is worrying about it & sure losing weight is either a sign of something bad or a sign I'm going to have an even smaller baby this time around.

My midwife said that she doesn't really care about my weight gain so long as the baby keeps growing steadily, so I'd say don't worry about it.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#87 of 119 Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM

Up 40 lbs. since the start of my pregnancy and happy about it.  The funny thing is that if you look at me from the back or straight from the front (ignoring the belly and boobs) I look exactly as I did before the pregnancy.  I don't have love handles, hips, or anything... just a huge belly and huge boobs.

biophdmom likes this.

#88 of 119 Old 11-01-2011, 05:57 PM

I'm the same! All 30lbs I've gained are waaay out front :)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#89 of 119 Old 11-02-2011, 01:34 PM

I've gained 35lbs (31 weeks now) and you can see it went mostly to my legs and rear! LOL! moon.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#90 of 119 Old 11-03-2011, 05:37 AM

29 weeks here. I am at 139, so still 3lbs below my starting weight now. After having that weight loss a few weeks ago I became very friendly with healthy fats. Lots of guacamole, cream in my coffee, full fat cheese, nuts, etc. My belly is growing quite nicely, I am measuring correct for dates, and my baby feels like a nice size so I am not too worried other than just trying to be sure I give my body enough to really run on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page