How much weight have you gained? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 119 Old 11-03-2011, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

26lbs at 31 weeks.  Hoping to keep it ~35lbs total this time.

#92 of 119 Old 11-04-2011, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

For the first time since I got pregnant, I didn't gain any weight all week... I actually went down one pound (I weigh once a week).  I've been taking public transportation and walking more, which probably has a lot to do with it.

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#93 of 119 Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM

So far I have gained about 12 pounds. Most of it is in my belly and breasts, but some has definitely settled on my thighs. They look a bit more, er, textured than usual. I expect the number to go up a fair amount when I go to the MW next Tuesday. I've really been enjoying the full fat yogurt! Yum!

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#94 of 119 Old 11-04-2011, 11:41 AM

26 lbs in 29 weeks and may I say I'm VERY proud of that number, even though it's still considered "high", especially since I'm considered obese.  But dangit, last pregnancy, I gained a total of 80 lbs so the fact that I'm under 30 lbs with this pregnancy, with 3 months to go is a VERY proud moment for me!

lactatinggirl likes this.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#95 of 119 Old 11-04-2011, 01:57 PM

18 pounds at 29w2d. Hoping to stay under the 30 lb. mark by full term. I think I can do it!

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#96 of 119 Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am now just 1 pound shy of my pregnancy starting weight at just short of 34 weeks. I actually was back at my starting weight about 2 weeks ago, but had some major stresses come into my life and lost a bit again. My belly is growing nicely and looks rather round, so the weight must be coming off someplace that I can't see..... maybe I should be afraid to know what might be left of my butt at this time!

This pregnancy has been such an interesting journey for me in the weight department. This time around I really have to be careful about carbs and sugars due to having huge problems with hypoglycemia if I take those things in. In my other pregnancies, had I been having a problem putting on weight (which never happened with them!) I would have simply eaten a pint of Ben and Jerrys. So, my nutrition choices this time around are quite solid, but I just have struggled to make up for that big weight loss I had in the beginning thanks to severe morning sickness.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#97 of 119 Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 AM

Isn't it interesting how there's so much variation between pregnancies, Erika?  I'm still in awe that three full-term pregnancies can be three totally different experiences.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#98 of 119 Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 PM

I've gained between 32-35lbs at 35.5 weeks... I went down a few pounds in the last week, I think (I hope) due to losing some water weight. Overall I think the weight gain has been mostly not-water-weight, but lately I've been noticing swollen ankles if I'm on my feet too long, yuck :(

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#99 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

I've gained between 32-35lbs at 35.5 weeks... I went down a few pounds in the last week, I think (I hope) due to losing some water weight. Overall I think the weight gain has been mostly not-water-weight, but lately I've been noticing swollen ankles if I'm on my feet too long, yuck :(

Swollen ankles can be the pits! I had huge pitting edema with my first 3 kids starting at 28 weeks and this is the first one that I haven't. I am being very thankful for that.... my feet and ankles are much more comfortable this time around (so far, at least). I get a little bit swollen if I drive in my car for a long time, but that is about it for now. I hope your swelling stays to a minimum!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#100 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 06:42 AM

I was at 33lbs/36 weeks (monday), but I am retaining water like crazy this week and now I think I am up to 38lbs.  need protein, water, exercise, soaking.  bp is fine tho so I'm not worried, just bummed.

#101 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Well im happy about my weight gain. At 30 weeks i was 175.6lbs. Now at 33 weeks, i am only 179lbs.   At this rate, i will be less than 190lbs  come the due date. Thats good for me, since im usually bordering 200!

#102 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 08:22 AM

I stalled on the weight gain around 33 weeks.  So I'm still about 22 lbs up at 37.5.  I expected this to be the biggest weight gain time so I'm kind of surprised.  I was gaining in leaps and bounds for a couple months there.  My appetite hasn't changed until this last week.  I don't feel like eating much the last few days, which again is weird because the baby has dropped a little.  There should be more room in there.  

Pregnancy makes no sense to me at all.

#103 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 09:30 AM

I am up 27 lbs at almost 36 weeks, my appetite also hasn't been as crazy the last few weeks but is picking up again now and I'm still gaining about a pound a week.

#104 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 10:42 AM

i am up about 40 pounds at 35 weeks and wondering how much more can i possibly put on at this point! what's weird is i don't look or feel a whole lot bigger but that's what the scale is saying. what's also weird is my appetite has not been huge this whole pregnancy, and i exercise frequently, so i guess it's what my body is meant to do! i think a lot of it might be water weight too, i am so swollen! anyone else so swollen?

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#105 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 10:56 AM

I don't think I'm incredibly swollen..my cute shoes don't fit so I know I'm slightly swollen. But otherwise, I'm just fat. (: I exercise when I can and still work blah blah..what I gain is what I gain. I've let it be. I have no one to impress anymore (: 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#106 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

My legs definitely look chunky, but i still fit into my usual shoes without a problem. I think theres just alot of fat on my legs. 

#107 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 01:45 PM

19 pounds (finally!!) at 36 weeks. I put on a whopping seven pounds in the last three weeks, and for the first time that puts me into the "normal" range for weight gain. I had been pretty seriously under that line until now. Never thought I'd be so happy about rapid weight gain :D

#108 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 PM

Oh man, I'm up 43 lbs at 36.2 weeks....if he stays in another week or so, I'm going to hit 200lbs. faint.gifI've gotten close to previous pregnancies but never this close! I'm going to take a picture of my scale when I do! I know 10lbs of it is just water....but still! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#109 of 119 Old 12-09-2011, 08:18 PM

I'm apparently still gaining & losing the same 6lbs or so. My belly is huge though, so hopefully this babe is a good size.

I've been eating a lot less at supper (my main meal) lately, I just don't have any room for my usual amount. I really feel like I'm not getting enough protein, but I also don't want to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#110 of 119 Old 12-10-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

I've been eating a lot less at supper (my main meal) lately, I just don't have any room for my usual amount. I really feel like I'm not getting enough protein, but I also don't want to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.

My appetite lately has really dropped off too and I know many days I am not getting enough. I do drink a lot of milk as it is an easy way to get in protein even when my appetite is gone. My husband keeps asking me what I want to eat or what I am craving, but nothing really sounds great anymore. Other than grapes. I could eat my body weight in grapes everyday.

#111 of 119 Old 12-10-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwifeErika View Post

My appetite lately has really dropped off too and I know many days I am not getting enough. I do drink a lot of milk as it is an easy way to get in protein even when my appetite is gone. My husband keeps asking me what I want to eat or what I am craving, but nothing really sounds great anymore. Other than grapes. I could eat my body weight in grapes everyday.

erika and devaskyla, i am so happy you wrote this, because it makes me feel much better about how i am feeling.  i was a bottomless pit up until last week, when my appetite just dried up completely.  i feel like i'm forcing myself to eat every time, and erika, nothing sounds good to me anymore, either- even things i've been denying myself this whole time, like ice cream, really don't appeal at all.  devaskyla, protein is my struggle, too.  i'm trying to sneak it in wherever i can, and it's not coming easily.  i feel only more and more like exercising (it helps alleviate so many of my physical discomforts), and i'm trying to keep it balanced with my calories and getting frustrated.  add to that, my MW telling me yesterday that i "don't have a big baby" (why does that feel like some kind of failure?), and i just feel guilty that i'm not hungry anymore.  for anything.  i'm still spooning the food in- i know we both need it.  it just doesn't feel great.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#112 of 119 Old 12-10-2011, 09:48 PM

as long as your taking prenatals, eating when you are hungry and not feeling faint, dizzy or nauseous you are probably eating enough. An easy way to get protein is in a smoothie. I make a banana/yogurt/walnut/milk smoothie every day and add whey protein, spirulina and chlorophyll to it. That way when my appetite is low and i forget to eat or am not really interested in eating i know that at least i consumed some nutrients and protein in the morning. oh midwifeerika, i laughed out loud when i read the grape comment. i INHALE them all day long, can't get enough!

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#113 of 119 Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Hello, 200 lbs! Nice to meet you! Hope you don't stick around much longer bag.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#114 of 119 Old 12-14-2011, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

Hello, 200 lbs! Nice to meet you! Hope you don't stick around much longer bag.gif

You're brave... I've been avoiding the scale like the plague because I know I've hit the big 200.  No sense in getting more depressed and making my days more difficult than they have been these days...

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#115 of 119 Old 12-21-2011, 10:59 AM

I am beginning Operation Fatten the Fetus now. I gained 2lbs in the last 2 weeks and so now I am 1lb above my starting weight and am just short of 36 weeks. I have a goal though to put on at least 5lbs by the time the baby comes.

This baby is just feeling a wee bit small to me and I don't want he/she to be so stressed about food that they come before being ready. I have never grown a very big baby to begin with and gained a whole lot more in my other pregnancies. I don't eat sugar and am careful about carbs due to hypoglycemia (it makes the symptoms worse when I do crash), but have started doing smoothies with greek yogurt (plain) and 2% milk and fruit twice a day in addition to healthy meals. I figure that gives me some fat and lots of additional protein and yet with it being a smoothie then it tends to not take up room in my belly and make me feel too full. I cut out all heavy duty exercise that was burning lots of calories and have gone to just easy yoga, stretching, light weights, and walking (waddling). 

Grow baby!

#116 of 119 Old 12-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

erika and devaskyla, i am so happy you wrote this, because it makes me feel much better about how i am feeling.  i was a bottomless pit up until last week, when my appetite just dried up completely.  i feel like i'm forcing myself to eat every time, and erika, nothing sounds good to me anymore, either- even things i've been denying myself this whole time, like ice cream, really don't appeal at all.  devaskyla, protein is my struggle, too.  i'm trying to sneak it in wherever i can, and it's not coming easily.  i feel only more and more like exercising (it helps alleviate so many of my physical discomforts), and i'm trying to keep it balanced with my calories and getting frustrated.  add to that, my MW telling me yesterday that i "don't have a big baby" (why does that feel like some kind of failure?), and i just feel guilty that i'm not hungry anymore.  for anything.  i'm still spooning the food in- i know we both need it.  it just doesn't feel great.

I've totally been the same way for the past week or two! It's like the thought of eating just isn't appetizing at all even though I am still hungry obviously. So weird! Glad you guys feel this way too!

As for weight gain, I'm gaining right around a pound a week still. I'm 37 weeks and I've gained 31lbs so far. 

#117 of 119 Old 12-21-2011, 11:19 AM

I'm up 46 at 36 weeks.  There's no doubt in my mind now that if I go to 41 weeks like last time, I'll hit 55 like last time.  Which I'm cranky about, but eh, what is there to do?  Apparently that's just how my body does this pregnancy thing.

This little guy dropped a week or two back and so I finally have an appetite again after a few months of just having no space, no interest in food, and all heartburn all the time.  I feel for those of you who have gone the opposite direction!  It is totally a bummer to feel like you have to make yourself eat.  

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#118 of 119 Old 12-21-2011, 11:39 AM

Up 26 lbs at nearly 36 weeks. Significantly less weight gain at this point that with DS. Joining the others in the no appetite boat :/...I had a pear for breakfast and some hummus on a bagel for lunch. Gonna try to slurp down a whole-milk joguhrt and fruit smoothie in a bit.

#119 of 119 Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 AM

This is pretty much where I'm at. I think I'm 3 lbs over starting weight and have been stagnant for about a month now after a little burst of 5 lbs in 2 weeks. They tell me baby is on track for growth but I also don't want to have no reserves for milk-making after baby comes :) I have a decent appetite (finally) but not much room! Plus, I'm just in general a major fruit and veg eater. I've been trying to up my protein lately but that just satiates me for longer, i think!! I'm trying to do smoothies/milkshakes every couple of days and protein bars. We'll see how that does for then next few weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwifeErika View Post

I am beginning Operation Fatten the Fetus now. I gained 2lbs in the last 2 weeks and so now I am 1lb above my starting weight and am just short of 36 weeks. I have a goal though to put on at least 5lbs by the time the baby comes.

This baby is just feeling a wee bit small to me and I don't want he/she to be so stressed about food that they come before being ready. I have never grown a very big baby to begin with and gained a whole lot more in my other pregnancies. I don't eat sugar and am careful about carbs due to hypoglycemia (it makes the symptoms worse when I do crash), but have started doing smoothies with greek yogurt (plain) and 2% milk and fruit twice a day in addition to healthy meals. I figure that gives me some fat and lots of additional protein and yet with it being a smoothie then it tends to not take up room in my belly and make me feel too full. I cut out all heavy duty exercise that was burning lots of calories and have gone to just easy yoga, stretching, light weights, and walking (waddling). 

Grow baby!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page