How much weight have you gained? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How many weeks are you?  How much have you gained so far? 

It's been so long since I had dd that I can't remember when the weight started coming on.  I'm still a couple pounds below my pre-pg weight, but the vomiting is starting to taper off, so I'm sure that won't last too long.

Married to my other half

Mama to Madeline (07-10-07) and Finley (10-17-11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 11:37 AM

18 weeks, and no clue. I have to avoid owning a scale to keep from obsessing over it, but my tape measure says I've gained 5cm around the belly and 4cm around the waist. And that was after 3 months of no discernible change. It was quite shocking! Somewhere in there, probably the two straight months of puking, I also managed to LOSE 3cm off my butt and hips  :( , and so far have only got 2cm of that back (so still 1cm smaller than before pregnancy).

Old 08-04-2011, 11:41 AM

I'm 17 weeks and have gained 6 pounds... Probably 3 of them in the last 2 weeks! I know I lost weight in the last few months from eating better & exercising, so I'm sure it will all even out in the end...

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 08-04-2011, 01:25 PM

Now I'm at a complete loss at calculating my weight.  Maybe you guys can help.

My pre-pregnancy weight was 152 before my son.  I gained 16 pounds when I delivered at 41w3d.  Since he was almost 9 pounds I pretty much lost all the weight by the time I got out of the hospital.

Then I nursed up until my milk dried up during this pregnancy.  I was down at around 142-145.  BUT, as I was nursing that was NOT my real weight, yk?  And I feel like I don't want to claim that weight as PREGNANCY weight since it's really just rebound weight.

Right now I'm 15 weeks and 150-151.  So, *technically* I'm up 5-7 pounds, but *realistically* I'm down 1-2 pounds.  Thoughts?

That being said, I don't have weight issues (of the emotional variety)...I never have.  It's just that I liked this game of saying I only gained 18 with my first and 16 with my second.  I wanted to be able to say I gained around there with the third.  Sigh, I sound so complicated in all this!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 08-04-2011, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So far I am almost 16 weeks and down 13lbs, which is about a 9% loss of body weight for me. I was really sick though and I am expecting to see the scale start turning around here soon.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM

At 13 weeks i had gained 2 pounds. I am 16 now, and not sure because I do not weigh myself except at the Dr. I think it is best not to stress over it. My physician, bless her heart, told me my body knows what it is doing and the amount of extra calories I need is maybe a piece of toast a day so there's no need to start wolfing food. I will put on the weight I need without worrying.

Just your friendly neighborhood graduate student.
My BudgetBlog budgetandbargain.blogspot.com

Old 08-04-2011, 08:28 PM

17 weeks, 8-9 pounds.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:45 PM

18 Weeks and about 3 lbs up, but really my weight is all over the place and I'm not 100% sure where I started because I gained a bunch due to my thryoid going weird for a few months before I got pregnant.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Eesh..I'm 18 weeks and I've gained between 10 and 13 pounds I believe. ): I'm super obsessive over weight and I've been weighing myself a lot more now and I really need to stop that. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 08-04-2011, 09:13 PM

18 weeks and about 7lbs, I think.  Less gain than by this point in any prior pg.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Didn't vomit once and I'm 16 weeks with negative 8 lbs. Midwife isn't worried though. Says it's difficult to get enough calories with pregnant and nursing. Even without that she said that so long as the baby is growing she's not worried.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 08-05-2011, 04:54 AM

I'm 18 weeks and have gained 10lb.  

I gained 5 while I was sick in the first trimester, lost a pound and then gained 5 in the last month.

has anyone else looked at the scale when you aren't gaining and thought "geez, i hope i'm eating enough/baby's getting enough" and then looked at the scale when you were gaining and think "oh crap, am i gaining too much?"  It's the most confused I've ever been over my weight :)

Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM

It's super hard for me not to feel paranoid that I'm not gaining weight. Last time I lost weight in the first trimester, but then ballooned in the second. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong this time. The midwife tells me that the baby is growing great though, so I'm trying not to worry about it.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 08-05-2011, 10:23 AM

I'm up about 3 lbs from my starting weight.  I gained 55 lbs with my last pregnancy and suspect that some of that was due to poor eating habits, so I've been tracking what I eat this time around to get a better feel for whether or not I'm overconsuming, getting enough protein, etc, etc.  What perplexes me is that I'm eating about as much as I should be to maintain my current weight pre-pregnancy-- so how is my body managing to gain?  Frustrating.

It won't be the end of the world if I gain a ton again this time, and I know my body knows what it's doing but... I just don't want to have to deal with the post-pregnancy self-esteem issues brought on by a huge gain again.  Petty, but that's where my mind is at.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

Old 08-05-2011, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm 15 weeks, and last time I checked I am up 8 pounds.  I am too nervous to check again.  I feel that I am gaining too much, it is really starting to bother me.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Old 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinwoo View Post

I'm 18 weeks and have gained 10lb.  

I gained 5 while I was sick in the first trimester, lost a pound and then gained 5 in the last month.

has anyone else looked at the scale when you aren't gaining and thought "geez, i hope i'm eating enough/baby's getting enough" and then looked at the scale when you were gaining and think "oh crap, am i gaining too much?"  It's the most confused I've ever been over my weight :)

Yep, I've been doing that a lot this time. I didn't really worry about it with my other 3, but my babies have been getting progressively smaller & it worries me that it might be because I'm not eating enough. The problem is, I'm not hungry most of the time. I'm forcing myself to eat at least 3 times a day. I haven't even tried to figure out how much protein I'm getting a day. Probably no where near enough.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM

I am almost 16 weeks and have lost 14 pounds. I started out with plenty of extra.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

Old 08-06-2011, 06:50 PM

I've got you all beat...18 weeks and I've gained 16lbs lurk.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 08-06-2011, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I'm 15 weeks with twins.  I've gained 4 pounds so far (not counting the 11 pounds I lost 1st trimester from super morning sickness)

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:33 AM

18 weeks - 12 pounds, about 6 of those in the last 3 weeks (visiting the inlaws is always a bad thing for me in terms of weight gain). I gained 65 pounds last time (and only lost about 40 of that in the 5 yrs before getting pg again), though I found out since then that my thyroid is a bit low, so hopefully this time having that under control will help. This is about the time last pg that I started gaining fast, so I need to keep an eye on my food intake.

I agree with those of you saying this is a tricky balance - you don't want to eat too much OR too little, and the MOST important thing is a healthy baby. I'd rather gain a little too much than to be denying the baby nutrients, KWIM? On the other hand, the baby does NOT need chocolate, cookies, or doughnuts! LOL!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM

Not that I'm against weight gain what-so-ever, but if you don't eat enough you're not going to deny the baby nutrients. You actually deny yourself. The baby will steal from your body reserves to get what it needs.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 AM

I'm 18 weeks and I've gained 10lbs! :D 

Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Oh my I am 17 weeks and I've gained about 16lbs. before pregnancy I had a dramatic weight loss of over 45lbs so I'm not liking the scale climbing however its fun not to be dieting!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 PM

Finally got all the numbers in, from the last two prenatal appointments and my own records, and I have gained (drumroll please) ONE pound. eep!  Turns out at my first prenatal appointment I was six pounds under my normal, pre-pregnancy weight, from all the weeks of being ridiculously nauseated all the time (seriously, why was it "morning" sickness if I was puking all day and all night?). On the one hand, the meager overall weight gain is discouraging. On the other hand, I gained seven pounds this last month, between checkups, so probably I'll catch up. The weird part is, my waist and belly measurements have consistently gone up, never down, so... something else must be shrinking to compensate. My brain maybe?

Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

This made me LOL.  I can relate.  I can't remember anything... even simple words.  I end up describing what I mean.  I was going to give an example of a funny convo I had with DH yesterday about that very thing, but I can't remember it either. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunteater View Post

something else must be shrinking to compensate. My brain maybe?

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 08-13-2011, 06:49 PM

I'm 19 weeks and I've gained about 20lbs. I started out a little underweight though, and I'm nursing a toddler. I've just been eating what I need so I'm not really concerned about it.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunteater View Post

Finally got all the numbers in, from the last two prenatal appointments and my own records, and I have gained (drumroll please) ONE pound. eep!  Turns out at my first prenatal appointment I was six pounds under my normal, pre-pregnancy weight, from all the weeks of being ridiculously nauseated all the time (seriously, why was it "morning" sickness if I was puking all day and all night?). On the one hand, the meager overall weight gain is discouraging. On the other hand, I gained seven pounds this last month, between checkups, so probably I'll catch up. The weird part is, my waist and belly measurements have consistently gone up, never down, so... something else must be shrinking to compensate. My brain maybe?

Even with my weight loss I've still been growing consistently (and more than I'd expect honestly!) and so the midwife says there's nothing to worry about. :-D

Old 08-16-2011, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I'm at 15 lbs. over my pre-baby weight, and boy can I feel it!  My DH is always pointing out how I'm grunting and huffing, but so would he if someone strapped 15 lbs. to his front!  The other day we were in San Francisco, and his mom called.  When she heard where we were, she said (unbeknownst to me): "Say hello to the sea lions."  DH turned to me and said: "My mother says hi."  Only later did I find out I had just been called a sea lion... But I had to laugh, because honestly, I did feel a little like those sea lions. :)

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:03 PM

I'm finally gaining some weight! I'm still 3 below my starting weight, but it's definitely a start! We'll see what the midwife says tomorrow.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 19 weeks and have gained 4lbs now.  I feel like it's going to start coming on quickly!

Married to my other half

Mama to Madeline (07-10-07) and Finley (10-17-11)

User Tag List