SOOOOOOOOO tired! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-05-2011, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

18 weeks today and I am so stinking tired! I go to bed early, between 9 & 10 and don't wake up until around 7 so I am getting a lot of sleep at night. I try to take a nap in the afternoon when my daughter naps but I am still always tired. I am not exercising much because I get out of breath really easily- like I feel sick when I come home from the grocery store or walking around target. Also, I live in Austin, TX and it is freaking hot here. 

Any thoughts or tips on what I can do to have even a little more energy? 

#2 of 9 Old 08-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Well, I'm in the same boat. I'm 14 wks today. One night this week I was sleeping by 9:30 and didn't wake up till 8. So your doing better then me. Last night was 10:30 to 8.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#3 of 9 Old 08-05-2011, 10:30 AM

I envy you gals that can sleep in!  ::Sob::

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#4 of 9 Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM

I don't know if you are comfortable with a little caffeine, but I have been making myself a hot chocolate with 2-3 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder, vanilla hemp milk and a little raw honey.  Super delicious, really picks me up, but it has I guesstimate about 40mg of caffeine.  If I didn't do this, I am not sure that I could make it.  I still don't have more than 2 of these a day. Other times, I find that a high sugar natural juice, like pineapple, will give me a boost too.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#5 of 9 Old 08-05-2011, 05:13 PM

Ugh. Me too. I'm desperately hoping for that burst of energy. I have so much I need to do, but some days just staying awake is an achievement. Especially if I had to do anything much the day before (3 hour round trip by transit to the dr yesterday, plus a couple other errands while I was in that area).

I was thinking maybe my thyroid dose wasn't high enough, but it's getting towards hyper thyroid now. Honestly, I have so little energy, having hyper for a few months sounds like an awesome thing right about now.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#6 of 9 Old 08-05-2011, 05:50 PM

I've been super tired too. This week has been better for me (18w1d right now) but for the last few weeks, I had to take a nap pretty much every day! There were days where I'd wake at 8am and go back to sleep at 10am until 1pm and still fall asleep at 10pm (my usual time). Thank goodness DH works mostly nights! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#7 of 9 Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 PM

I'm in Austin, too.  I found that it helps to turn the AC a little lower than normal...even though we're having energy shortages.  Just going outside for a while can really zap your energy.  Even longer car rides with the AC on can make you really tired.  Making it a little cooler also helps with nausea.  Basically, I think the heat during pregnancy that makes you extra sick and tired, but I've been blaming everything on the heat, lately.

#8 of 9 Old 08-07-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

I was thinking maybe my thyroid dose wasn't high enough, but it's getting towards hyper thyroid now. Honestly, I have so little energy, having hyper for a few months sounds like an awesome thing right about now.

I'm kept hyper to suppress further cancer growth and it's not like it sounds.  I'm just as tired hyper as hypo...maybe even more so.  It blows!

Naps were really helping this Summer, but the past week (and upcoming one) my older kid is home from camps and whatnot that there's no time to sleep.  I miss them and can't wait for Kinder to start so I can sleep again!!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#9 of 9 Old 08-08-2011, 08:13 AM

Conchobhar - I'm enjoying sleeping til 7 or 8 right now. School starts the end of the month and we'll need to be out the door at 8.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page