Anatomy Ultrasound Updates Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 105 Old 08-27-2011, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

20 weeks

My baby girl likes to show off her profile. orngbiggrin.gif

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#62 of 105 Old 08-27-2011, 04:30 PM

Well, everything they saw was fine, apparently, but they weren't able to see the facial or cardiac structures (other than a general, there's a heart & it's beating at 143bpm). It was such a pain getting an ultrasound, I really don't want another one. Dh keeps telling me everything is fine....but I'm still worrying.

*Sigh* I don't know what to do for the best.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#63 of 105 Old 08-27-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

Well, everything they saw was fine, apparently, but they weren't able to see the facial or cardiac structures (other than a general, there's a heart & it's beating at 143bpm). It was such a pain getting an ultrasound, I really don't want another one. Dh keeps telling me everything is fine....but I'm still worrying.

*Sigh* I don't know what to do for the best.

Ugh.. I hope you get some answers soon, either way!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#64 of 105 Old 08-28-2011, 08:35 PM

its a BOY! He will be coming home to two big sisters. My husband & I are very excited! I was kind of in disbelief for about 5 minutes after they told us... It just seemed so surreal, I was sure we'd have another girl. 

#65 of 105 Old 08-28-2011, 09:19 PM

congrats on the boy!  i bet his older sisters will be thrilled.

how was the party?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#66 of 105 Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 AM

Yeah, I'm dying to hear about the party!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#67 of 105 Old 08-29-2011, 06:47 AM

It was awesome! I had such a great time! We ended up having to turn off our phones after our ultrasound appointment because everyone wanted to know ASAP what the sex was, but they all had to wait 24 hours, which was really fun for everyone I think. We had a baby name suggestion board, due date guess box, and asked people to dress in the color of the gender guess. Team blue was way bigger than Team pink. Some of the names people suggested were just totally ridiculous, hilarious.. so we're still in the dark about a name. The cupcakes I made turned out really great, I tried to post some pics but they didn't show up for some reason.. We took a video of everyone's reactions when they bit into the cupcakes. Our daughters didn't really have much of a reaction beyond, "oh, its a boy, YUMMM CUPCAKES!" but my girlfriends immediately starting screaming which was really funny. 

#68 of 105 Old 08-29-2011, 09:57 AM

We had our ultrasound on 8/26 and we are having a little GIRL!! She was moving around a ton and kept crossing her ankles and then uncrossing them. We were able to see her yawn and she was sucking on her thumb the whole time. We are going to a different clinic in a few weeks for a level 2 Ultrasound since I was born with a heart condtion and had surgery- we just want to make sure that IF they spot something in the heart that could be a concern they will have me deliver at a more specialized hospital. Also baby girl was moving around a ton so the tech couldn't get all the measurements she wanted. My placenta is in the front, anyone know what that means? The tech commented on this several times and I'm not sure if its significant or anything. We brought DD, 6, with and she was absolutley thrilled to be having a sister and started screaming when she found out.

#69 of 105 Old 08-29-2011, 11:55 AM

I'm back from my 20 week ultrasound.  The baby looks healthy, spot on for size.  It's very very active just like my last one.  It's weird because I've been thinking that this one moves a lot less than my last one did in utero-- but it turns out it's moving just as much, I just can't feel it as well because this time I have an anterior placenta.  Aha!  This also explains why the fetal doppler I rented for a month always sounded a little weird to me-- I must have been hearing the HB through the placenta.  That rascally placenta is also over my cervix a bit... my doctor didn't say whether it was a marginal or partial previa but did say it's very likely it'll move and she'll check on it again in a month.

The baby's another boy.  I am not excited about this but this is why I wanted to find out the sex early... so I have time to come around to it by the time he's born.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#70 of 105 Old 08-29-2011, 04:05 PM

It means it might be harder to feel movement & to find the heartbeat. You'll also probably have to be more proactive about the baby's position, since babies with anterior placentas tend to be posterior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
My placenta is in the front, anyone know what that means? The tech commented on this several times and I'm not sure if its significant or anything. We brought DD, 6, with and she was absolutley thrilled to be having a sister and started screaming when she found out.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#71 of 105 Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldandsleepy View Post

The baby's another boy.  I am not excited about this but this is why I wanted to find out the sex early... so I have time to come around to it by the time he's born.

I hope you'll get the point of joy sooner rather than later.  When I found out my son was a boy I cried on the table - sobbed, really.  I did NOT want to have the circ conversation with my husband and "willed" that baby to be a girl to avoid it.  Basically, I had 20 weeks to come around to the idea.

Believe me when I say that I empathize with total un-excitement over the gender news.

Angela
#72 of 105 Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 AM

i totally echo what angela said.  i have three sons so far, and bawled after learning the gender with each one.  it was particularly difficult with my youngest- i could only describe myself as feeling depressed for many months.  but i came around shortly before he was born, and he and i are VERY close today.

as much as i long for a daughter, i really can't imagine my life without any one of my boys.  it hurts my heart to think about it.

i'll be thinking of you, coldandsleepy, and hope you are feeling better about things soon.  i'm happy to hear the baby looks healthy, and i'll cross my fingers that your placenta will move, too.  be kind and patient with yourself. hug2.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#73 of 105 Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 AM

Thank you two... I need the reassurance right now.  With my first son, I was a little disappointed but got over it fast because I was like "hey!  a baby!" and still felt like I had a second chance.  But this just seems so final to me-- we're not planning on having a third-- and that's making it a lot harder to cope with.  I did sob hysterically at my doctor's office though I managed to wait til she was out of the room. 

I love my older son to pieces and I know I'm going to feel the same way about this one once I get past my sadness.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#74 of 105 Old 08-31-2011, 09:22 AM

With our last child, I was really upset- even depressed- for a few weeks after finding out we were having a second girl. She is now 3 years old now and the most amazing kid ever in the universe! I love the relationship my two girls have too. I know several people who have a girl and boy who say their kids never play together.

#75 of 105 Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 AM

I got to see my baby sometime in the six to eight week range for a dating ultrasound, and all I could see was the head and the heartbeat because it was so tiny, so I'm really excited for the 20 week ultra sound so I can see more!!!  I'm pretty sure I've doubled in size in the last two weeks, so it should be good :)

#76 of 105 Old 08-31-2011, 11:35 AM

It's a...gorgeous, healthy-looking, thumb-sucking, Daddy-waving, responding-to-brother talking, 10 ounce, 158 heartbeat baby. :)  All looked good with the chromosomal markers (or lack thereof).  My placenta is anterior which is why I still don't feel movement.  Oddly enough, this babe was rolling and turning and would *not* stop moving...and I couldn't feel one bit!

It was a great morning!

writinglove likes this.

Angela
#77 of 105 Old 08-31-2011, 11:57 AM

hooray!!! so very happy to read this!!!

#78 of 105 Old 08-31-2011, 12:16 PM

Our ultrasound this morning revealed a healthy, perfect baby GIRL! I'm thrilled, I really wanted a second daughter and am really excited that we'll be welcoming a little bundle of pink in January!

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#79 of 105 Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 PM

we had our u/s this afternoon, and we're expecting a GIRL.  everything looks great (yeah, placenta is anterior).  i cannot stop crying tears of joy. joy.gif

#80 of 105 Old 09-02-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

we had our u/s this afternoon, and we're expecting a GIRL.  everything looks great (yeah, placenta is anterior).  i cannot stop crying tears of joy. luxlove.gif

yay!!!!!  Congrats!!!!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#81 of 105 Old 09-02-2011, 04:58 PM

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news! I'm so excited for you and your boys, HCM!

Angela
#82 of 105 Old 09-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:

we had our u/s this afternoon, and we're expecting a GIRL.  everything looks great (yeah, placenta is anterior).  i cannot stop crying tears of joy. joy.gif

That's cool!!! I felt the same way when they confirmed a boy after 3 girls! I have a stepson but it's just not the same! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#83 of 105 Old 09-02-2011, 06:01 PM

thanks for all the love, you guys!  i feel this overwhelming peace and a happiness i haven't felt in a long, long time.  my heart is glad.

thanks for being there, everyone!  :)

writinglove likes this.

#84 of 105 Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 PM

And now we can be anterior placenta twins!  Getting these kids in order one day at a time. :)

Angela
#85 of 105 Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 PM

yeah, my midwife was pretty unimpressed with any of my concerns about an anterior placenta affecting the baby's position.  it was really reassuring.

but i'm still looking forward to being your AP twin!  :)

#86 of 105 Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 PM

I'm crying FOR you. That's so awesome!! (& hopefully I'll be joining you on the pink side :) )

Quote:

#87 of 105 Old 09-06-2011, 12:40 PM

hcm - such amazing news for you!  yay!  :) :)  my dp has an anterior placenta too! 

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#88 of 105 Old 09-07-2011, 11:43 AM

Had our anatomy scan yesterday afternoon...poor baby was NOT fond of the process. Everything looks great, we'll have a full report next week :)

#89 of 105 Old 09-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Had our ultrasound today.  The tech put the scanner on my stomach and asked if we wanted to know the sex.  Looking at the screen, the baby's legs were wide open.  We didn't need her to tell us there was our little boy!!

Was measuring ahead by almost two weeks too....I knew my stomach was huge!!

Heartbeat was good, but they had a hard time pinning him down and getting a clear picture.  Not too worried about it though and they said we would check it out next month.

I had caffeine this morning for the first time in months, so this kid was flying around my uterus.  The doctor was laughing trying to track his heart rate, this baby would literally not sit still!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#90 of 105 Old 09-07-2011, 07:52 PM

congrats, chili!  your son is going to love having a little brother!  how exciting for you all!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page