Anatomy Ultrasound Updates Thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 105 Old 09-14-2011, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Its a girl!!!

I didnt think i could make girls. (i have 2 boys already) But intuitively i sensed a girl, although intellectually i thought 'boy'. I have been craving less meat this pregnancy...

Everything looked good, although i have to go back to get a clearer picture of the face.  Im not too worried about that, since the worst that can happen is a cleft palate right? 

wow! A girl, a girl, a girl :-)

Congratulations Chili on having a little boy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 105 Old 09-14-2011, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats on your girl!!

I have a 2nd scan scheduled for Friday. Not happy about it, hopefully it can be a really quick check for what they weren't able to see last time. Going to ask them to have a quick peek to see if we can find out if it's a boy or a girl, since I'm going to be there anyway.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#93 of 105 Old 09-15-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

wow! A girl, a girl, a girl :-)

congrats!  very happy for you and your family!

devaskyla, i'm eager to hear the report from your follow-up scan tomorrow.  will you (hopefully) be able to learn gender there at the appt, or do you have to wait for the doctor's report for that, too?  i look forward to your update!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#94 of 105 Old 09-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilichiki View Post

Had our ultrasound today.  The tech put the scanner on my stomach and asked if we wanted to know the sex.  Looking at the screen, the baby's legs were wide open.  We didn't need her to tell us there was our little boy!!

Exact same thing here!!!

#95 of 105 Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 PM

HCM, assuming baby co-operates, they'll tell you the gender at the time. So, fingers crossed! 

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#96 of 105 Old 09-16-2011, 03:34 PM

I got a talkative tech today. And she kept the screen towards me the whole time, which is unusual. Everything looks good although she still couldn't quite see one heart valve. Hb was 144 today. And I had a lovely few minutes when she was sure it was a girl. Then she was sure it was a boy. Both views definitely looked like the other images I've seen, but I guess it's another boy. We're all disappointed. And I'm feeling incredibly guilty for being so upset about another boy. Both dh & I only ever wanted girls & now we're apparently going to have 4 boys. *sigh* I'm sure we'll love him as much as we do the others, but it would have been so nice if our last baby was a girl.

#97 of 105 Old 09-16-2011, 03:56 PM

I empathize with that disappointment. It's ok to mourn...and then your newest love will show up and you won't remember life before him.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#98 of 105 Old 09-16-2011, 07:14 PM

man, i can feel the sadness in your voice.  like angela, i totally empathize.  and i know it's hard to hear those words from someone who has/is having a daughter- i have been in your shoes three times, hoping for a girl, and resentful (i'll be honest) of others who got one.  but ang is right, and i know you know, you'll never regret having your son once he's here.  (and maybe it isn't really a boy- things don't sound really definite, right?)  i'm not trying to downplay your feelings- i really just wanted to reach out and say that i'm sorry and i understand.

it sounds like everything else is looking fine though, right?  does it help you feel more relaxed and confident in your UC now?  i know it was a big ordeal to make it all the way there today.  i've never known any UCers in person- does today leave you in a better mental and emotional position to prepare for the birth?  i hope that, despite possible gender disappointment, it was still a good day for you.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#99 of 105 Old 09-18-2011, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the sympathy. I'm doing a lot better today. After discussing exactly what I saw with dh & googling images, we're going with, it's likely a boy, but we don't really know for sure. Seriously, both the "girl" view & the "boy" view she showed me looked like right. To me, the girl one looked more right though. And someone on twitter said her daughter was quite swollen & looked like a boy on ultrasound. So, I guess we'll see in January. I'm prepared for it to be a boy & trying not to hope too hard that somehow it's actually a girl. We're even planning on at least one gender neutral name in our list in case baby is intersex.

Yes everything else looks fine according to the tech, although it still has to go through the expert & then to my dr, but unless they see something the tech didn't, physically all is well with baby. It's strange, when I got the first ultrasound report, I was freaking because they couldn't see so many important structures, but within a few days, I was very relaxed & felt like things were fine, but dh was worrying. He's the main reason I had a 2nd ultrasound.  So now we're both a lot more relaxed about things. About the only thing I would like to do is try to find someone to do pulse ox on the baby after it's born. A friend on twitter has a huge campaign to make it mandatory after birth because it can pick up some heart defects that other things miss.

Since it's likely my last prenatal ultrasound ever, I was really pleased. Normally tech's here keep the screen away from you unless they're specifically showing you something, but in addition to talking nearly constantly about what she was seeing, this tech kept the screen so I could see it the whole time. It was awesome. Got to see baby putting zie's feet up by zie's head & covering part of zie's face with an arm. Although part of me wonders if baby was trying to ward off the ultrasound waves with the arm. But it was still sweet. Like ds3, this one is head down already, and much higher up than I thought. Most of the movement is lower, but I'm wondering now how much of that is from baby folding itself in half. lol

#100 of 105 Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 PM

Devaskyla, big hugs.  I'm glad your LO looks healthy (and that you got a satisfying ultrasound!) and sympathize completely with your disappointment. 

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#101 of 105 Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

yeah, my midwife was pretty unimpressed with any of my concerns about an anterior placenta affecting the baby's position.  it was really reassuring.

Thank you for sharing this... made a difference to my day today :)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#102 of 105 Old 09-21-2011, 06:05 PM

Just found out we're having a boy today (had my u/s late due to the move) but some concerns about the heart possibly and a possible fibroid. Couldn't have been too awful because no other tech came down...at leats I'm hoping. find out at the midwive's soon.

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#103 of 105 Old 10-20-2011, 06:10 PM

This is the way baby was lying for the first scan so they couldn't see a lot of structures.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/devaskyla/preg%20pics/SCN_0011.jpg

This is one she gave me because it's cute. Looks like baby is giving us a thumbs up

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/devaskyla/preg%20pics/SCN_0012.jpg

And this one is just a regular side shot that was taken at the 2nd ultrasound

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/devaskyla/preg%20pics/SCN_0013.jpg

#104 of 105 Old 10-21-2011, 12:23 PM

Dev, that's a great looking spine your babe has. And the thumbs up is really cute. 

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#105 of 105 Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 PM

I was really happy to see how good the spine looks. It was one of the things I was worried about since baby wasn't planned and I wasn't taking extra folic acid.

User Tag List