Having Braxton Hicks already - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 18 weeks tomorrow and Saturday night and Sunday afternoon I experienced what's got to be Braxton Hicks contractions. Anyone else have any yet? I think it's pretty early which should be fine, but they still caught me off guard. I think it might be because I didn't drink enough water. They just feel like a tightening of the stomach. It was like rock hard above my belly button and then relaxed. Not painful.

slinggirl.gif mama to baby girl E born at home on 1/8/12 with stork-suprise.gif#2 on his or her way around 8/28/13

intactivist.gif toddler.gif homebirth.jpg familybed1.gifcd.gif placenta.gif-eater

#2 of 5 Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 AM

With all my subsequent pregnancies (besides this one) I had bh starting around 13-14 weeks and continuing on til the baby was born.

Milly, stumbling horribly on God's path, married to my amazing Superhero, and mama to my 3 awesome boys, and my amazing rainbow baby girl!  Missing our Little One, lost 11/09, and our son, stillborn 11/10

#3 of 5 Old 08-08-2011, 10:25 AM

I'm 17 weeks and have been having them for the past 2 days.  I actually have a little concern over mine-- the ones I'm having today are mildly painful and overall I feel a little off.  But my care provider thinks it's nothing to worry about and says that without other symptoms (bleeding, leaking fluid), contractions this early are almost always BHs and nothing to fret over.

Last time I had BH contractions for a few hours every day from week 32-41... I am going to be a little crabby if I have them from week 17-whenever this time.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#4 of 5 Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 AM

i'm about 17 weeks and been having BH for probably 2-3 weeks already! Some I feel more than others (like some are a little "crampy" although that's not quite the right word rather than just the tightening sensation). I felt like it was a little early but from what i read its not abnormal. i never had BH with my daughter, or at least not that i felt.

#5 of 5 Old 08-08-2011, 03:51 PM

I've been having BH contractions since 7 weeks pregnant.  Mine are just tightening, but with big rushes of hormones, no cramping.  My midwife said it's normal.  She also said that we always have uterine contractions, but they are more noticeable during pregnancy.  I had them as frequent as every 10 minutes some days during 2nd and 3rd trimesters last pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page