Pain and Braxton-Hicks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2011, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last edited by Mushy1127; 06-21-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 10:46 PM

there are many things it could be but it does sound like a uti or a bladder infection i had that also i had really bad round ligament pain that made me so tender in one spot it hurt so badly i think you will be ok i doubt its a cyst hun all these aches and pains are normal if something was truly wrong you would know right away no questions

Old 08-19-2011, 09:37 AM

That sounds like no fun - I hope you're feeling much better! I've had one UTI (pre-pregnancy) and it was no fun - I know how much just normally having to pee makes me uncomfortable and pressure on my bladder hurts then, I can imagine how much worse that would be, magnified by a UTI. *hugs*

Also, this is my first baby - what do Braxton-Hicks feel like? I'm assuming they are like a tightening of the uterus, but one that's kind of rhythmic, not a steady tightening that stays for a while and then goes completely away? I've had the later a few times over the past few days, and just kind of ignored it.

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Old 08-19-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremamaheather View Post

Also, this is my first baby - what do Braxton-Hicks feel like? I'm assuming they are like a tightening of the uterus, but one that's kind of rhythmic, not a steady tightening that stays for a while and then goes completely away? I've had the later a few times over the past few days, and just kind of ignored it.

Actually, at least from what I remember last time, BH do stay tight for a while and then goes away.  But this is more towards the 35 week area, so maybe it's different this early.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 AM

My experience with BHs is same as Conchobar, and with my daughter I started getting them around 25-26 weeks. My uterus would tighten for a while then release. I actually ended up in the hospital because I was getting them regularly (every 5 min or so) non-stop. They called it pre-term labor, but I didn't really start to dilate. If you get them regularly you should call your midwife. I've been getting them this time since around 17-18 weeks but they aren't regular so I'm not concerned.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Huh. Good to know, thanks for the info!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Old 08-25-2011, 12:03 AM

There's a great book by a physiotherapist who's had a lot of success with even really severe SPD. I borrow it from the local library, but it's fairly cheap to buy. I'd even consider taking it in to your physio (the author actually recommends that at one point, I believe.) http://www.amazon.com/Relieving-Pelvic-During-After-Pregnancy/dp/0897934806/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314252077&sr=8-1

Kmom also has a nice section about it on her website http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List